It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is Unethical

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's too bad that this is a topic that is met with such impulsive denial and carelessness. For being a group of people that are supposed to deny ignorance, you're not doing a very good job.

'Meat is good, me like meat, bacon and more bacon' is the most status-quo sentiment possible.

There isn't one argument for eating meat that is viable. It's not economic, it's not good health-wise (in general), it wouldn't make sense from an evolutionary standpoint (all our close relatives are herbivores), it's not viable if you care about cruelty at all, it doesn't make sense from a feeding-the-masses standpoint. There is nothing of a response except 'I'm stuck in my ways and this is how it is'... the exact type of response and approach to life that we here at ATS try to leave behind.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
...it wouldn't make sense from an evolutionary standpoint (all our close relatives are herbivores...

It makes complete sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Where else did our ancestors get their required vitamin B12 from? Did they head over to the local GNC for supplements?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Where else did our ancestors get their required vitamin B12 from? Did they head over to the local GNC for supplements?

In answer to your question :-

Your ancestors got their required vitamin B12 from eating Vegans

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
Your ancestors got their required vitamin B12 from eating Vegans

A wholly acceptable dietary option in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NautPsycho

Eat a raw potato and tell me how that tastes.

Seriously, there are quite a few foods on both animal and vegetable variety that would kill you if you didn't season them or prepare them specially in some way, so your argument about seasoning? Is pretty much invalid.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...it wouldn't make sense from an evolutionary standpoint (all our close relatives are herbivores...

It makes complete sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Where else did our ancestors get their required vitamin B12 from? Did they head over to the local GNC for supplements?

Are you sure about that?

edit on 23-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NautPsycho
Eat meat with no spices and tell me if it's still yummy. In its natural state it's foul # to the tongue.

I like all types of tartar. That a 'natural' enough state for you?

edit on 23-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And actually the closer to raw you can stand your meat the better it is. Heat breaks down the best stuff in it.

For the most part, aversion to eating raw meat is a cultural thing.

edit on 23-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Eat a raw potato and tell me how that tastes.

Seriously, there are quite a few foods on both animal and vegetable variety that would kill you if you didn't season them or prepare them specially in some way, so your argument about seasoning? Is pretty much invalid.

Have they ever heard of Ricin.

Here is a list of 8 things that are very poisonous to us and only one is meat, the puffer fish, so yes I'll agree we should not eat the puffer fish...lol

Poissonous Foods

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I actually love many modern Vegan foods ... I am a bit of a Vegan Junk Food fan

Though I do not eat animals or birds etc ... I do eat fish
I do not eat any dairy products or eggs

Like I said I love modern Vegan food ... but dislike Preaching

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Case closed!

Puppets

Does anyone wonder why "bacon" gets so much free press? You can thank the meat industry's marketing departments and government subsidies to pork producers. If you are one of those people who hates the government in your business, start paying attention to all the foods they want you to eat, like dairy, beef, corn and pork...no matter that they are killing you and that the industries themselves are the epitome of inhumane. Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight." - Albert Schweitzer

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have been a life long proud member of PETA since brith...I fully follow the beliefs and ethical practices that PETA stands for. I will continue to follow and practice PETA unabated....

LONG LIVE PETA!!!!!

P.eople
E.ating
T.asty
A.nimals..

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
There is nothing of a response except 'I'm stuck in my ways and this is how it is'... the exact type of response and approach to life that we here at ATS try to leave behind.

The response presented is really more mocking in tone, because the vast majority of arguments presented against eating meat are exaggerations or outright falsehoods.

Am I going to keep eating meat because "I'm stuck in my ways"? You're goddamned right I am; but that's a gross oversimplification of my opinion. Nobody has ever presented a credible argument against the eating of meat.
Against factory farming maybe, but not against the consumption of meat.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of WillP.E.T.A = People eating tasty animals. Animals where placed on earth for our consumption. People that deny that simply are ignorant of their human ancestry.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: crazyewok

I cannot eat bacon. Can't stand the taste or the smell. Sausage also. Happened overnite, several months ago, and no clue as to why. I love pork chops, porkloin, pork ribs, though. Nom...nom...nom...all things beef, chicken, lamb.

Why would a proud carnivore wake up one day agast at the smell and taste of deliciousness?

Today things are not as they used to be, maybe there is a sense of something wrong with the animal you are getting or an additive. Antibiotics and other meds plus additives to food. Anything and everything is fed to pigs for food as long as it keeps them growing. I have to wonder how we would feel if we knew each and every step in a process.

The term antibiotic means "against life" or "destructive to life."

At least 11 antibacterial or antifungal compounds or groups of compounds are widely used in swine feeds. These compounds include various salts of bacitracin, chlortetracycline, dynafac, mycostatin, oxytetracycline, oleandomycin, penicillin, streptomycin, bambermycins, tilmicosin and tylosin.

extension.missouri.edu...

Factory-farmed animals usually live in concrete cells with no outside interaction. Nutritionist Sara Bilbe says, "Pigs are intelligent animals and this lack of stimulation in these cells leads to high stress levels and therefore high illness." The Week reports that MRSA, a bacteria that has a strong resistance to antibiotics, has been found on factory pig farms in Canada, which sells millions of live pigs to the U.S.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Deer, elk, ducks, sheep......those are all food.

cows, chickens, hogs, and lamb.....those are well trained food..

simple formula really...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have always wondered what a vegan would do when faced with a situation where they are in a very poor village and being offered more food than their hosts generally eat in the average day, but horror, upon, horrors, they are offered real turkey in the bowl, not tofurkey.

To refuse is to insult their hosts.

To accept is to eat the dreaded meat.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If eating meat is unethical then why are animals made out of food!

Humans and pigs are nearly the same.

Similarity to human structure -- Pigs are mammals. Consequently, all of the major structures found in humans are present in the fetal pig.

www.goshen.edu...

link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Humans and pigs are nearly the same.

Yes. Yes they are.

And I can catch one of them much easier than the other.

link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
First note: I ate meat for 24 years before changing my diet as an experiment, 

Please explain to me why it is that former smokers, former alcoholics, and former meat eaters are, almost without fail, always preachy, self righteous individuals who believe it's their job to make sure every one around them makes the same personal choice they made in relation to whatever "vice" they previously enjoyed? I've never understood this. You made a choice, good for you... now butt out of every one else's business and move on with your own choice.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join