It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is Unethical

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For those that dont like Bacon here is a steak!

All hail the steak!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Vegans who remove themselves from the ecology are no different than oil company CEOs who destroy for power. Two sides, one coin. Better to live in harmony with the environment than to project our own morality on the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

I hope that you and many like you continue to live by your convictions to not eat meat.

That is your right.

It also leaves more for those of us who don't find it unethical.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

don't forget the slowcooked baby back ribs!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Perhaps his argument is that it in unethical to raise animals for slaughter, not necessarily the ingestion of protein itself.

If that's how he wants to roll, more power to him. Pardon me while I nom nom some bacon.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This is a denial of nature. Make no mistake, humans are predators, and we have teeth, stomachs and brains designed for the consumption of meat as well as fruits and vegetables. If you choose not to eat meat thats fine, but your sanctimony is a bit ridiculous because we are not herbivores. I certainly would like to avoid any cruelty, but i do not have a problem eating what my body was designed to eat.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
Ending thoughts: It's the destiny of our species to become the Guardians of this beautiful planet, as we slowly shake off our immature and self-destructive habits, and spread out amongst the stars. It's our birthright and I will have nothing less. I think it's time we started acting like it. 

I can debunk your whole posts in one line.

Meat Tastes so Damn Good.

There, all done...hehe Do you really think humans the velociraptor of the mammal world is the guardians of our planet? You know that evil race of aliens that goes to a planet and rapes, pillages, and blunders all its resources and then eat anything that moves is actually us in the future.

The good news is once science can make good tasting meat in a test tube we can cull the heards of those that we eat today.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Hitler also brushed his teeth, do you?
Enough said. *__-

I stopped 40 years ago after I learn this...so there

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Telling people how to live their lives is far more unethical than eating meat imo.

Know what a pig is?
A cow, a horse, a sheep etc etc.

If we didn't eat them and farm them you wouldn't even know what they were because they would be wild and possibly extinct.

Thank those who eat meat so you can admire these animals today.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

This is a denial of nature. Make no mistake, humans are predators, and we have teeth, stomachs and brains designed for the consumption of meat as well as fruits and vegetables. If you choose not to eat meat thats fine, but your sanctimony is a bit ridiculous because we are not herbivores. I certainly would like to avoid any cruelty, but i do not have a problem eating what my body was designed to eat.

Do most people know that farming has not been very good to humans? The good side is it established a controllable and regulated food source, but in the last 20,000 years, about the time farming started, we have lost about a tennis ball size of brain, in another 20,000 years our brains will be smaller than Homo Erectus, a relative that lived half a million years ago. The reason is our brains take vast amount of energy to operate and meats and nuts provided that energy where farming just filled us up, but with vastly less energy. So we were 1500cc of brain and today we are 1350 of brain and in 20,000 years we will be below 1100cc brain size.

The big question is, are we reverse evolutioning our species by replacing meat with farming?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Iron-tight argument? Sorry, but it was really nothing more than a bunch of opinions and assumptions. There's nothing wrong with that, but you should have presented it as such. Eating meat may be unethical to you, based on your beliefs and opinions (such as humans being natural lovers, not fighters, for example), but it isn't unethical for me.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
For every animal you don't eat I'm going to eat 2, because wasting food is unethical.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Given the massive environmental toll that meat production takes, and the cruelty of factory farming, I do think eating meat has become unethical.

However, I still consume meat..

I guess there's a special place in hell waiting for me.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I really despise the thinking that because you do something and enjoy it, you feel the need to try and inflict your worldview on others.

Be a vegan if that's your bag, you have no right nor mandate to try and make anyone else one too.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NautPsycho

Eat meat with no spices and tell me if it's still yummy. In its natural state it's foul # to the tongue.

I actually hunt quite a bit, raised my own chickens when I was younger and slaughter most of the beef we get during the year with my cousin who goes in half a beef with us.......

The claim that eating meat without spices is "foul" is only your personal opinion and in no way reflects facts...

I actually quite enjoy a rare steak with nothing on it....it ruins the flavor

Preaching to ATS about eating meat? You'll get out dated programmed beliefs thrown at you,

Like what ?

false claims about us being omnivores, what about b12, what about protein, everything in moderation, Manson was Vegetarian, etc.

Can you prove any of this is false? The fact that our teeth are the way they are is proof we are omnivore

You are upset because you feel all the "facts" you claim are false by posters, are just opinion, and then you go on to state YOUR opinion like its fact.......

hilarious

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Don't they understand that this is unethical!?!?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I shot a small wild hog this morning. I threw the jowl in with a pot of beans. Onion, peppers, garlic, tomato. Good stuff.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
20 Years ago nobody I knew was a Vegetarian, nowdays I know several...

(I love animals, they're delicious)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well looks like this is going to be an unpopular post but here goes...

I agree OP I do think eating meat is unethical.

One of the points that always comes up is that it's natural. I don't argue that humans have evolved eating meat. However, I feel that's now a moot point because, in my position, I can get all I need without it (easily).

This means that if I am eating meat I am doing so purely for my own enjoyment, I don't need it for my health or survival. I can't justify breeding, enslaving and killing (or even just killing) another sentient being purely for my enjoyment.

I don't usually get too involved in these threads but I have found myself wondering recently why it's perfectly fine to challenge and discuss almost every other standpoint except for this one. I would expect most veggies and vegans are what they are because they feel passionately opposed to the exploitation of animals, so with that in mind it would be weird if they never spoke out about it right?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

How about some lamb chops?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join