It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is Unethical

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I think more people would be vegetarian or hunt if they knew the suffering of animals first hand
This is not a slight on Carnivores

When young ... I had a Saturday job at the local butchers
A trip to the slaughterhouse put me off for life ...
But that is just my choice
edit on 24-12-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

That one to the far left looks a little gamey...

The question is how do you free range 19 billion chickens?

Family farms were doing just fine until they were forced out by big corps.They want profit and they want export even though we buy a ton of such treated animals from China and other countries also, weird isn't it?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: woodwardjnr

be thankful to your ancestors that they discovered cooked meats, or we would still be living in trees taking all day to much and digest vegetation.

As far as I know ... Meat takes longer for the body to digest than vegetables ...

For decades, study after study has correlated the consumption of fatty meat, eggs, and dairy with a hardening of the arteries - atherosclerosis. When the arteries get clogged with fatty plaque, blood can't flow to your heart, brain, and penis, and so heart attacks, strokes, and erectile disfunction results.

www.raw-food-health.net...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chefc14

I don't think it's unethical by any means but I do feel that if people had to kill their own meat very few people would. Most don't have the stomach for it.

I like this, especially the same applies to those who have not looked closely at where they're store bought animals come from and how they live.

I was an avid hunter also and owned a butcher shop, somewhere along the line I suddenly saw the pain I caused the gore the filth the parasites the babies without their Mothers. I changed. Many are evolving, so many people I know have become vegetarian or vegan in the last 10 years.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, the goddamn irony.

Here is a thought experiment for all the Veggies, would you eat GMO vegetables or non-GMO meat if those were the only two options?

I'm still having a hard time with GMO as to whether it is a scam by the organic world to justify their outrageous prices in competition or if it is really bad for you. The best argument they have is it changes your DNA or chemical comprehensions and that is hard to swallow as a true argument.

edit on 24-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What would be your choice lol I think I can guess

For me both, I see nothing wrong with something like Golden Rice where they added β-Carotene from carrots to rice through GMO. Now areas where lack of vitamin A is a real killer can get it in their rice...GMO will save us all.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is interesting that most all plants eaten as food have been modified by Humans over time ... through cross pollination and cross cuttings
I am however very dubious about the crossing of animal genes in plants

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

Your argument isn't 100% iron tight. You're arrogant and you fail to accept different perspectives.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Gmo dangerous revolve around the loss of genetic diversity. There is nothing definitive about its health effects. How does the world expect to feed 8 billion people? Gmo can be used in very good ways.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Did you miss me saying "equally comfortable field dressing Bambi"?

Yes, 100% honestly, my children have seen this and helped. It was the way I was raised and I'm raising them the same. Anything less would be doing them a grave disservice.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I think also the addition of pesticides onto plants and the Earth is not good practice
I grow organically and favour organic food ... each to their own choices

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It is interesting that most all plants eaten as food have been modified by Humans over time ... through cross pollination and cross cuttings
I am however very dubious about the crossing of animal genes in plants

Why? Do you know all life is related on earth even grass to you? A grape vine has 50% of your DNA too, so life on this planet is connected with every other form of life here. Being planet or animal is a human term, so I don't think life really cares...hehe

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
You have to slaughter the cow, deal with all the blood, guts, hide, feces, not to mention the creature will try to NOT die, forcing you to dehumanize yourself to the point where causing extreme, unnecessary suffering is not wrong...

Versus a potato.

If the two sat side by side, would you still consider the cow to be tastier? Considering all the disgusting work that you must do to the cow before it even begins to appear tasty? You see, your comparison is deeply flawed. The same anount of work that goes into preparing slaughered animal into clean meat, if put into potatoes, would make something easily as satisfying and vastly healthier.

Ah, but you see I don't find all the grunt work to be unpleasant or disgusting. If you do, then I salute your choice to forgo meat... now leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Son of Will
Bacteria produce B12. Not animals. And that bacteria used to be omni-present in our environment before modern water-sterilizing procedures came about. I thought Freemasons were supposed to at least occasionally dabble in intellectualism...

See above.

Using your dopey logic the isolated portions of our planet should be able to sustain magical beings that can survive by getting their B12 from dirt and water. Maybe you should go to one of these places and try seeing how long you live.

How is that for intellectualism?

You do understand that B12 is a bacteria? Microorganisms, primarily bacteria, are the only known organisms that manufacture B12. These bacteria often live in bodies of water and soil. Animals get B12 by eating food and soil contaminated with these microorganisms.
It is also produced by bacteria in our intestines. Yes human intestines.

This is a good article not biased in any direction.
libaware.economads.com...

According to Marieb's 'Human Anatomy and Physiology', vitamin B12 can be destroyed by highly alkaline and highly acid conditions. This assumes that the B12 in meat would be easily destroyed because the hydrochloric acid in our stomaches during the digestion of meat is highly acidic. This may explain why meat-eaters are just as likely to have a B12 deficiency as vegans - even though their diet contains vitamin B12.

This one also
www.veganforum.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes, 100% honestly, my children have seen this and helped. It was the way I was raised and I'm raising them the same. Anything less would be doing them a grave disservice.

And we are talking about 5% of the world population too like this. Go see the other 6+ billion that has no problem plucking chickens to slaughtering four legged animals.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Ethics are subjective. We are the stewards of this planet--animals eat animals.

Please look at the methods of producing flesh now and tell me other animals do this also.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: UniFinity

Did you miss me saying "equally comfortable field dressing Bambi"?

I have no problem with that. I've only done quail and fish by myself, but helped with other game.

Once they're dead, they're dead.

What you want is a clean kill, with as little pain as possible.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I trust nature more than Humans I guess

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So what are people eating for XMAS ?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I think also the addition of pesticides onto plants and the Earth is not good practice
I grow organically and favour organic food ... each to their own choices

Once again I think this is organic propaganda. Here is a link to a Harvard paper on it all, and is a short read. The bottom line is what they use in GMO is actually organic pesticides found in nature that reduces the need for the really bad synthetic pesticides that is very common and very bad for us. They also do it for just a few crops such as corn and soybeans not for human consumption and cotton.

GMO

I know you grow your own which is great, but be careful in just buying organic since you will have a higher risk for things like food poisoning due to the limited regulations.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join