It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Meat is Unethical

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You know if a pig or chicken was the size of a house they would eat you without a thought other than looking for their next meal.

But still I would rather eat lab grown meat because I know animals do suffer alot from birth to your plate, in this day and age we should not need to kill animals for our meat like cavemen.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
Humans traditionally got their B12 from soil and water.

I would ask you to source this but considering you made it up you are going to have a hard time finding a legitimate source.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Bacteria produce B12. Not animals. And that bacteria used to be omni-present in our environment before modern water-sterilizing procedures came about. I thought Freemasons were supposed to at least occasionally dabble in intellectualism...

See above.

Using your dopey logic the isolated portions of our planet should be able to sustain magical beings that can survive by getting their B12 from dirt and water. Maybe you should go to one of these places and try seeing how long you live.

How is that for intellectualism?

edit on 24-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

Care to address my points?.
It really is simple you think it is wrong most do not.
But keep on attempting to berate others from your high horse....
now excuse me while I punch a cow wipe it's arse and enjoy a blue steak.
edit on 24-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Ethics has nothing to do with our carnivorous nature hence the teeth we are equipped with for ripping and tearing flesh.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Chopping trees down for firewood or to build says there is not even a hint of a valid arguement. Be wary not to misconstrue the statement while meat is similar being gifts of which are reminders of who killed who. Defining those reminders is another story.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Poppe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

sorry, but this is not true but many still use this argument, as is evident in this thread.

Our teeth AND digestive system is designed for ripping raw fruits or veggies apart not meat. Check my links in my first post here on page 7 or something if you would like to educate yourself more on the subject.

Also if eating meat would be as beneficial as some of posts here indicate, than our body would react differently in a more healthy way when consumed for a long time. But that is not so. many heart, cancer or other diseases are due to eating meat.
Are there such faults with eating natural raw fruits and veggies? This should tell you much about how our body should be feed.

But to judge people based on that or any other thing is equally bad. We are all just people, trying to do what feels best for us. The posts who say they eat it because of the taste are at least honest and say it as they see it, others are just spewing various empty excuses...but that is not bad. Almost all use them when convenient. It is a defensive mechanism made from ignorance or hurt ego.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

"Our teeth AND digestive system is designed for ripping raw fruits or veggies apart not meat."

Yeh right, and those opposable thumbs we have that allow us to fashion weapons and tools to kill other animals and subdue our environment are probably just there for fun?

We are an apex predator, and will eat just about anything, animal vegetable or mineral. I think you need to deal with that fact buddy. Nature and ethics seldom mix im afraid.

And its not the meat that's bad for us per-say, its what we put in it, end of the day everything in moderation.

Merry Christmas everyone.

edit on 24-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I shot a small wild hog this morning. I threw the jowl in with a pot of beans. Onion, peppers, garlic, tomato. Good stuff.

Skunk ape you are a culinary master!: cheers:

I'll bring the beer!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

well, that is your opinion, which is not based on scientific research...which should be and is valued around here
Or please link us the data here...thanks!

merry christmas to you to, and everyone else also!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Common sense is also valued around these here parts. As is the theory of evolution, hows that for scientific research.

You do relies if we do not eat meat without consuming other supplements in its place we get sick and weak, then eventually die?

Tell me this if indeed we are not supposed to eat meat then why does my mouth and teeth go all tingly and salivate all over the shop before biting in to a nice big juicy steak? Seems primal to me, certainly very natural.
edit on 24-12-2015 by andy06shake because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

"that Golden Rule should, logically, extend to all life. Does that make a bit more sense now?"

Um, does that mean your against killing worms, bacteria, fungus, and countless other soil dwelling sentient creatures that communicate with each other and also feel pain. Put an Earthworm on a fishing hook and tell me it's not writhing in pain. Please tell me where you draw the line. I guess you put brown recluses out the window and let mice run the house. I guess a mosquito biting you is okay.

What about the millions of acres that are mono-cropped and loaded with chemicals that makes millions of acres sterile so vegans can have tofu burgers.
"In one acre of land, there can be more than a million earthworms." So in a million sterile acres of chemical farmland, there have been 1,000,000,000,000 worms killed. Is that okay? Of course that's just an analogy, there are approximately, "cropland, 442 million acres".
extension.illinois.edu...
www.ers.usda.gov...

Then there are the Nematode round worms. They make up more biomass than any other species on Earth. "nematodes are the most numerically abundant animals on Earth. They're not just a slim majority. Four out of every five animals on Earth is a nematode." "We unintentionally eat and drink enormous numbers of roundworms in our lifetimes," ooh, that's not vegan.
blogs.scientificamerican.com...

Anyway, where is the line drawn? By your statement above all life should be left alone, unless it affects your chemical vegan produce right? So much hypocrisy in this thread.
edit on 24-12-2015 by DeceptioVisus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I used to be vegan. I don't love meat, but it isn't unethical. Ethics are subjective. We are the stewards of this planet--animals eat animals. And so do we. If you were dying of hunger, you'd even eat human meat. So quit it with the platitudes. You ate meat for 24 years. Just because you convinced yourself into a lifestyle change doesn't mean that everyone else should, too.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: okrian
There is nothing of a response except 'I'm stuck in my ways and this is how it is'... the exact type of response and approach to life that we here at ATS try to leave behind.

The response presented is really more mocking in tone, because the vast majority of arguments presented against eating meat are exaggerations or outright falsehoods.

Am I going to keep eating meat because "I'm stuck in my ways"? You're goddamned right I am; but that's a gross oversimplification of my opinion. Nobody has ever presented a credible argument against the eating of meat.
Against factory farming maybe, but not against the consumption of meat.

If you can refute anything in my OP then please, do so. Don't just ignore it and say "Oh it's probably wrong."

I dare you to read it, and to *honestly* think about it instead of arrogantly assuming it's flawed or exaggerated. Show me your best game, if you really want to play. So far, none others before you have even made a dent in the OP's argument.

Why should I though? Your entire arguments hinges on the idea that humans are empathic and should feel for the creatures that they eat.

Your argument is literally an appeal to emotion fallacy.

That's an astute observation. For a website whose motto is Deny Ignorance, threads like this seem to attract a whole lot of it, from otherwise intelligent people.

Denying ignorance btw, includes not insulting people when they disagree with you and not forcing your opinions on people who don't share them.

I might be cocky myself, but at least I'm right. And I know it.)

edit on 12/24/2015 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You're saying that empathy - the ability to experience the pain and suffering of others - somehow is more important to making a good hunter, compared with intelligence and a strong sense of cooperation?

I said exactly what I meant, its amazing how much you can extrapolate and attribute to people when NOTHING you posted is what they said........

Go back and read my post, what did I say?

You don't even know the basic definition of empathy, yet continue to make such insulting comments. Priceless!

another assumption, did I attempt to define it and get it wrong? strange in my post I dont recall doing any such thing..

Irony indeed. Grab a dictionary, make an argument, or... Or just continue with your complete failure to make a clear thought. Your stupidity is matched only by your arrogance.

more arrogance and name calling, your vegan diet seems to have not only rotted your ability to make good judgement, but it seems to have destroyed your ability to have a constructive conversation with someone , w out resulting to personal attacks and the use of common sense

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

All this because you're too arrogant to admit that you got the basic definition of "empathy" wrong. I love it =)

the only arrogance coming from this thread is from the OP you have literally personally insulted just about everyone on this thread with every post youve made

Youre the poster child for narcissistic arrogance

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Watch that and close your eyes when the ad comes up....
Mouthwatering? yup.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I just bought a set of grillgrates for my weber kettle.

And they...are...AWESOME. No flares, no char, great flavor.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yeah once you cook with them you can't go back. My buddy got some of those. Perfect Rib Eye Every time.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ironically, the OP lacks empathy.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join