It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man In 3 Hour Armed Standoff With Doctors: They were Pulling Plug on “Brain Dead” Son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.themonitordaily.com...
GUN-TOTTING BEREFT FATHER WAS RELEASED FROM PRISON

A father took a gun into hospital to stop doctors taking his son off life support – and during the three-hour stand-off the young man squeezed his hand. The sign that he wasn’t brain dead meant he was kept alive – and he is now recovering and doing well.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
'It's the only reason I'm here now': Son awakens from 'brain-dead' state after gun-toting dad engages in three-hour armed standoff with police to block doctors from pulling the plug life-support

This in Houston, Texas and these are the main points to this very moving story:

-George Pickering II took gun and went to Houston's Tomball Regional Medical Center to spend a few more hours with his son George III

-Pickering's 'brain dead' son had suffered a huge stroke earlier in the month
-Doctors and father's family were 'terminally weaning' son off life support
-Pickering forced his way into son's room and standoff with police ensued
-When son squeezed his hand during the standoff, Pickering surrendered

-He was arrested but his son recovered a few weeks later and is doing well

The power and miracle of love truly is amazing; Still gathering my hankerchief after reading this one...Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas everyone, may this be an example for us all..
edit on 23-12-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Should go for trial by jury. If I was on it I would never convict this guy.

Can't see the specifics of the case but it's hard for me to understand how doctors can misinterpret him as braindead and be so sure they are ready to end his life when he in fact recovered shortly afterwards.

Possibly a lawsuit in the making.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

I will throw a new spin on this.

I would bet the vultures were waiting to harvest his organs for profit. They should have gotten an independent lab to test the kid for Drugs that would keep him in an unconscious state.

Think it doesn't happen... it does.
edit on 23-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's a terrifying thought

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

After looking into the story a bit more, it actually took place at the beginning of this year, in January, but the father spent the following 10-11 months in jail and was released from prison this month December! fox13now.com... From what additional kprc interviews state, the hospital staff were indeed making preparations for his organs, which if true would be terribly sad. The father and son are admirable to say the least; But thank goodness they were not able to convert him into a "doner."
edit on 23-12-2015 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Good point, the father and son could take them all to court..

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

That's a terrifying thought

"Gun-totting bereft father was released from jail this December after the judges decided to drop one of the the charges and show leniency in the other." www.themonitordaily.com...

Thank goodness the father followed his instincts, thereby saving his son's life- After all of this time, he has finally been released, and just in time for Christmas!
edit on 23-12-2015 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
OMG. Ive often wondered if people that are deemed Brain Dead are in fact Not, just in some sort of Healing phase, that the body may naturally want to shut certain areas of the Brain down in order to reconstruct neural pathways. I'm glad the Dad was able to save his son from almost certain death, and I feel like their should be at least some sort of major testing, and given a certain amount of time before the patient is taken off life support, not just left to How much your Insurance is willing to pay, and also not just left up to one or two doctors. During Mushroom trips, the brain makes new Pathways for the brain to send Information, and is why many who have taken Magic Mushrooms claim to be smarter, and more awakened. I know its a crazy statement, but we very little about the Human brain and what it is actually able to do.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I will throw a new spin on this.

I would bet the vultures were waiting to harvest his organs for profit. They should have gotten an independent lab to test the kid for Drugs that would keep him in an unconscious state.

Think it doesn't happen... it does.

And yet they are bewildered that so many people still don't trust the medical industry.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

TMI
edit on 23-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

They wanted his organ's, it goes on all the time here in the UK but is well covered up.

new topics

top topics

join