It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Blasts Washington Post Cartoon of Daughters as Monkeys

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Civility and common decency are a thing of the past I think. It now seems to be all about anger mixed with a feeling of entitlement.

I hesitate to mention what would happen if it were Obama's child represented as a monkey. There are likely too many out there now that would argue in favor of that.

People seem to be saying "my side is right, therefore I can be as disgusting towards the other side as much as I wish, because we are right". Best thing now is to not associate with either side and pray for some sanity to prevail and the majority of people who would not do this raise their voices loud enough, to drown out the rabid partisans from both sides.

I can pick my nose, but I can't pick how society has changed in my lifetime. Things like this would have ended careers in the 60's, 70's and maybe into the 80's.

This is just a symptom of the years and years of both sides spewing hate to divide us. The thought of Trump vs. Hillary gives me the chills just thinking about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If he wants to protect his kids from political criticism, he should become a librarian.

Tired of the pity-party whine-baby theme.

People sometimes say and do un-nice things. Sometimes people insult the kids. People are jerks, especially in politics.

Yeah. I know, kids can be cruel. I experienced that..... but not a national level. Like I said, if that floats ones boat they should voluntarily stay home on election day.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: Blaine91555
You don't think you're being a bit dramatic?

No, I'm not. Going after any candidates children and even more representing them as monkeys on leashes is disgusting under any decent persons standards in my opinion.

I mean what kind of sick people involve peoples children just because they don't like the politics of their parent.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here we are:

10 Stupidest Things About The WaPo's Cartoon

1) All Politicians Put Their Families In Their Ads

2) Children Are Off Limits

3) Monkeys? Really?

4) It’s Not Funny [note: not because the writer is conservative, but because the cartoonist isn't that funny]

5) It’s Overexplained [see above]

6) Did Any Other Politicians Feature Children In Their Campaigns Yesterday? [hint: abuela anyone?]

7) It’s The Ghastly Double Standards

8) Media Coverage

9) Ridiculous Defenses

10) Problems At The Washington Post [editor NEVER saw it prior to publication; why are they paying him then?]

I simply quoted their points, but each one carries a lot of explanation.

The [ ] material is my own aside in the block quote and not in the article itself.

Additionally, I remember the revelation that Trig Palin was a Down's child and I remember a certain ugly school of thought of those on the left that the only reason Palin gave birth to the child was to use him as a political prop and they justified all manner of ugly attacks on him through that during the 2008 elections leaving Trig birtherism which was a conspiracy about how he wasn't Palin's at all but Bristol's by her own father or some such rot.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So he turns it into a campaign for money.

I feel his kids should be off limits but if he is going to use them to raise money now, all bets off.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The thing is, people react about a drawing like it came from Charlie Hebdo!

Free expression. So it was is bad taste. So we should censor everything drawn in bad taste?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I'm not sure how this is a campaign for money.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This one...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's a standard campaign email. You can bet that Hillary is making hay out Trump having schlonged her or something.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton has been using her grand daughter and unborn grandchild to 'Hispander' to Hispanics on her website's donation page; Where's the cartoon for that, WaPo?

Check out the lovely photo of Bill, Hillary and their new Grand baby on the front page banner:
a.abcnews.com...

7 things Hillary Clinton has in common with your abuela

It’s no secret that Hillary is loving her role as grandma. And she was thrilled to learn that next summer, her granddaughter Charlotte will have a sibling to play with.

She’s always happy to talk about her “beautiful, perfect” granddaughter, she’s an eager volunteer for babysitting duty, and whenever she travels around the country, she makes sure to bring back a gift for Charlotte—sound familiar?

Here are seven more ways Hillary is just like your grandmother.

www.hillaryclinton.com...

edit on 23-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho
a reply to: ReadLeader

Just imagine the outrage if this was Obama's daughters.

But because of Cruz's ethnicity and his political party the SJW's who would go nuts over this kind of stuff just brush it off.

If you keep your family out of politics they should be off limits. Cruz doesn't do that though, he includes them wherever and whenever he can.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It seems to me that if we ever want real, worthwhile, honest people to run for high office we should all be outraged by this behavior.

real, worthwhile, honest people don't run for office because they don't want their families to deal with stuff like this.
edit on 23-12-2015 by ButsDuge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho

Just imagine the outrage if this was Obama's daughters.

But because of Cruz's ethnicity and his political party the SJW's who would go nuts over this kind of stuff just brush it off.

If you keep your family out of politics they should be off limits. Cruz doesn't do that though, he includes them wherever and whenever he can.

I bet the kids just LOVE that bonding time with dad.

(post by madwilly removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by madwilly removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Kiddies playing in the sandbox... biting, kicking, scratching, hair pulling, peeing in each others' Tonka trucks.

So at what point during this 2-year campaign process do the adults finally come out to play ?

Anyone ?
Buhler ?
Buhler ?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think Lewis Black's dead president skit is not as ludicrous as it once seemed.
Nothing is sacred anymore in these mind games between press and politician.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Did they go too far this time? Are spouses and children really off limits?

He used his kids. He used his own children as props in his campaign

I would love to live in a society that is courteous and respectful, but since it's open season on Mohamed drawings and provoking people in the name of free speech I have to say - as distasteful as it is - it is free speech

You can't have it both ways

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Did they go too far this time? Are spouses and children really off limits?

He used his kids. He used his own children as props in his campaign

I would love to live in a society that is courteous and respectful, but since it's open season on Mohamed drawings and provoking people in the name of free speech I have to say - as distasteful as it is - it is free speech

You can't have it both ways

Did his kids volunteer for this or are they pawns?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That cartoon is OFFENSIVE.

And that Washington Post 'artist' deserves a lump of coal.

Not nice.

So, are you saying there's a place for political correctness?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join