It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Blasts Washington Post Cartoon of Daughters as Monkeys

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Apparently you didn't understand the reference.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's pathetic and childish. I see no value in that type of "journalism". Anyone that engages in or allows themselves to be amused by this should voluntarily stay away from the voting booth.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's disgusting. Attack the politician, if you want, but leave the children out of it.

I dislike Cruz and his group but to attack his children is lowest of the low and that goes for anyone who thinks it is OK to mock a persons child.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
It's disgusting. Attack the politician, if you want, but leave the children out of it.

I dislike Cruz and his group but to attack his children is lowest of the low and that goes for anyone who thinks it is OK to mock a persons child.

But the cartoon did not attack the kids but rather Cruz's use of them as a prop for his own political game. Unfortunately , the cartoonist choose to use monkeys as part of the symbol which has been used to spin the cartoon's message.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Cypress

Wow, you should go work for a campaign. That was genius

This is the stuff that happens regularly especially during presidential runs where the war chests are massive and survey data gets broken down by state and market. Best part is, there is no connecting your ad to the following nonprofit making it harder to counter if done right.

One reason sound bites are so effective, it comes straight from the candidates mouth and you are now in control of their message. The daily show has been a master of it. Other sources of satire rely on their symbolism. Unfortunately for this cartoonist they choose a symbol that several other connotations, some of which are very offensive. Cruz jumped all over it to spin the message in his favor. Now he can do like I described earlier and use his daughters to push any issue he chooses that isn't a stretch and he can cry foul when countered.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2015 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That cartoon is OFFENSIVE.

And that Washington Post 'artist' deserves a lump of coal.

Not nice.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Cruz is using his kids to further his career, he put them in battle...he is just trying to get young family vote. Whatever, dance for the cameras kids!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Cruz just got swift boated. He loses the election now and will slink off into obscurity until Trump offers him a cabinet position.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It seems to me that Senator Ted Cruz finds it offensive that someone would use his daughters to make a political statement. I agree. Modern politics tend to be nasty affairs, in which, almost nothing seems to be out of bounds. Children should be safe from the attacks made on the candidates.

That said, Mr. Cruz exploited his own children in a ad in order to make fun of his political rivals. He even had his oldest daughter Caroline take a jab at Hillary Clinton. If Ted Cruz didn't want his children used as pawns in a political game of chess, he shouldn't have placed them on the board.

If my neighbor and I are having problems, and he sends his children to defecate on my front porch and knock out my windows, he has no right to declare the children off limits as I'm pressing charges. If, by proxy, a person uses their children to attack an enemy, that same person holds some responsibility for the repercussions.

I'm in no way defending the cartoonist, as they are just as guilty as Mr. Cruz of using these little girls for their own gain. The only innocent people involved are the children.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok, I just googled the cartoon. It's neither offensive or funny. It's just meh. Non issue. They were actually kinda cute.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Tardacus
I haven`t been following his campaign close enough to know if he is using his daughters to gain support, or not, but him using the cartoon to raise money is equally as tasteless and classless as the cartoon itself.

LOL!

By the way, I'm for freedom every time. I may not like what someone says, but I'll support their right to say it.

I never knew of this picture until Ted Cruz brought it up.
He used his children for political gain twice now.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Cypress

no he didn't put them in to be portrayed as monkeys. he put them in to show that he has a family and his daughters love him for who he is. Children can not help who or what their parents are, they just love them. some even when their parents treat them like trash.

But that is supposed to put him in a good light politically just because he has loving children.
There are many evil leaders as well that loved their children but says nothing about how they treat others or their constituents.

Personally, Cruz is not worthy of shining your shoes.
One of his top donors is Goldman Sachs, who his wife also worked for, who also is a member of the CFR.

Goldman Sachs, the very top donor of Obama's Campaign.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

How many people knew about it before Ted drew attention to it?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Presenting a candidates children as monkey's is as low as it goes. People behind things like that have no opinion any rational person would be interested in. Matters not to me which candidates kids or families are abused by the creeps who do this crap.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

How times have changed. Remember when legendary Howard Cossell made the oops of calling a Black player a monkey. Whether it was racist or not, people continue to debate that, there was a HUGE outrage. But some are now saying that these kids are viable target monkeys because dad is an ass. Changed BIG TIME!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think Cruz should grow a pair. Politics isn't nice.

boo-hoo.

man up sissy! So someone made fun of your kids! Will you need a safe zone in the White House?

It was a friggin' cartoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think Cruz should grow a pair. Politics isn't nice.

boo-hoo.

man up sissy! So someone made fun of your kids! Will you need a safe zone in the White House?

It was a friggin' cartoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His kids should feel the same way too?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't see it as attacking his children. It is all about him.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If he wants to protect his kids from political criticism, he should become a librarian.

Tired of the pity-party whine-baby theme.

People sometimes say and do un-nice things. Sometimes people insult the kids. People are jerks, especially in politics.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
You don't think you're being a bit dramatic?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join