It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Blasts Washington Post Cartoon of Daughters as Monkeys

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The overwhelming percentage of syndicated political cartoonists in the U.S. are liberal

What statistic are you referring to when making such a statement?

Have a source for that? I'd like to read it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And I said it doesn't matter how severe either side's comics are. It's all the same below the belt nonsense. I find it ALL detestable. Regardless of political party. I've said this multiple times throughout the thread now. Though keep accusing me of being biased. It's funny watching you stick your foot in your mouth.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The overwhelming percentage of syndicated political cartoonists in the U.S. are liberal (although the late Jeff MacNelly was one of the best and leaned conservative IMO)...So naturally, at least where political cartoons are concerned, the left will be poking fun at the Right much more often.

Where is your source for that claim? Or are you just basing this on art majors being a part of "Liberal Arts" in college?
edit on 23-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The overwhelming percentage of syndicated political cartoonists in the U.S. are liberal

I know from experience. Trust me...or not (your choice).

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Cypress

no he didn't put them in to be portrayed as monkeys. he put them in to show that he has a family and his daughters love him for who he is. children can not help who or what their parents are, they just love them. some even when their parents treat them like trash.

and i like how your a mind reader, i suppose every other politician democrat or republican, liberal or conservative who show their family enjoying themselves together as a family, is just waiting for some a@@wipe cartoonist that doesn't like their politics to make fun of them, do they can be on the front page and maybe score some points with the electorate.

please.

I just understand and have experience with how campaigns are run. Using his kids like this serves 2 purposes. 1) it enforces an image of this traditional, all american family. 2) It sets trap where anyone who tries to criticize anything he has tied their image ( especially satire) now runs the risk of being spun at attacking his family. It is smart politics as is evident by your post. In the end, the satire in the cartoon,used a poor symbol that carries several negative connotations aside from what the artist is trying to portray and Cruz immediately capitalized on.

Now, if all Cruz wanted to show was how he was a traditional family guy, he takes afew family photos like edwards did in 2004 with hi daughters in those traditional Sunday sundresse and they are kept out of it. Cruz purposely put out the bloopers of him coaching his kids while making the ads. That was done intentionally and now they can play the sympathy card. This is how campaigns work especially on the presidential level.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I choose not to trust you. So you are wrong, especially since you are saying your "evidence" is personal experience. Translated to anyone paying attention that means "biased anecdotes" which tell people who actually care about real evidence that you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So in other words you are talking out of your ass while trying to make a salient political point.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I choose not to trust you. So you are wrong, especially since you are saying your "evidence" is personal experience. Translated to anyone paying attention that means "biased anecdotes" which tell people who actually care about real evidence that you don't know what you are talking about.

Or it could mean I'm personally familiar with the industry.
Again, believe what you want. It matters not to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I already told you that I don't believe you and think you are a liar. How many times do you want me to repeat myself?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Why is he all the sudden so politically correct?

Since when does the GOP care about peoples feelings?

With Trump going around offending everything not white and male what does it matter?

If you live in a moral swamp, don't complain when you start to drown!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I already told you that I don't believe you and think you are a liar. How many times do you want me to repeat myself?

Repeat yourself all you want...it doesn't make you right...just tiresome.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Naturally, but this is the internet. I can be whoever I want to be and there isn't much you can do to prove me otherwise. So people who shy away from posting evidence just tell me they have agendas to hide. As they say on 4chan. "Pics or it didn't happen".

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Aw hell. The examples you offered up leave a bitter taste in my mouth, I wouldn't choose to express myself like that, but the price of my freedom is to maintain the freedom of others to do say and draw what they will. Especially when I don't like it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
He might get old dinosaurs like the WaPo to knuckle under but it looks like all gloves are off now. Want your kids out of the campaign? Don't put them in asinine commercials talking politics.

Cruz is a giant hypocrite to complain about this while not commenting on his Donald "Tiny Schlong" Trump being totally off the reservation when it comes to accepted campaign etiquette.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I mean, really, Cruz--can't you leave your little kids and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer out of the campaign for Christ sakes????

All right. Rant off.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ApparentlyStupid

Aw hell. The examples you offered up leave a bitter taste in my mouth, I wouldn't choose to express myself like that, but the price of my freedom is to maintain the freedom of others to do say and draw what they will. Especially when I don't like it.

I wasn't trying to be contentious with you...Sorry if it came off that way.
I totally believe in freedom of speech..All I'm trying to say is that with that freedom comes a responsibility to use it responsibly.

Most professionals understand that, but sometimes they let their own passions, zealotry and personal prejudice cloud their judgement.
Fortunately, in the case of syndicated political cartooning, there is a system of checks and balances in place through editors.

However, in this specific case, this time of year is a bit chaotic and things fall through the editorial cracks...as the editor of the Post indicates:

a note from editorial page editor Fred Hiatt, explaining that it had generally been the Post's policy "to leave children out of it."

Hiatt said: "I failed to look at this cartoon before it was published. I understand why Ann thought an exception to the policy was warranted in this case, but I do not agree."

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 23-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: spacing

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Ok a bunch of liberals backing your post for all the stars, to be honest as a news hound, I was interested in this thread because I have never even seen ted Cruz's children. Or his wife for that matter. So, as for him using his children in any way, I have to firmly disagree as I have seen pictures, video and such of Ted Cruz more times than I can recall and yet this is the first time I had the chance to see his girls...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

At least he has the jingle bells to do it in a time when everyone so afraid of insulting sharia law, the caliphake and iiissslllsss.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well why don't you get pissed off about it. This is like, SOOOOOO 5 hours ago.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Rememberwhen GOP staffer Elizabeth Laughton made the comment about Malia and cha-cha

GOP calls out hobama girls

I remember that, and I don't recall people brushing it off.

I think kids should be off limits, and if you're going to bash, limit that bashing to the candidate, not his kids or his wife. The problem here is the typical liberal double standard where drawing kids as monkeys is only acceptable if they're white kids that belong to a GOP candidate.

Although, as spouses go, Bill Clinton is certainly fair game

You forgot Aberdeen Wiener, hillary's other husband...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join