It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Blasts Washington Post Cartoon of Daughters as Monkeys

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Rememberwhen GOP staffer Elizabeth Laughton made the comment about Malia and cha-cha

GOP calls out hobama girls

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
a reply to: ReadLeader

a reply to: PresidentCamacho

Precisely.

I would have had more respect for him if he laughed it off and showed it didn't effect him. However, it's pretty evident that he just wants another excuse to raise money. "Here, my dear followers, please lend me your cash so I can wipe my tears on the bills, for my feelings have been hurt"

I would expect a less fragile demeanor for a potential future president.

It's really strange how you guys rationalize your total double standards. If this cartoon were about Obama's kids, the outrage would be tangible.
edit on 23-12-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

SERIOUSLY! !!
Remember this?
gawker.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Would you say the same if the obama kids were drawn as monkeys?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just because the candidate includes them in photo-ops is not grounds to ridicule the children, or spouse (assuming they are staying clear of the campaign trail.)

If the family member is actively stumping for the politician, in my opinion what they say or do while involved is totally fair game. Case in point, Michelle O's 'first time to be proud as an American' and 'Obama will change our history'. To my knowledge his daughters have steered clear of politics, and should be left alone. (Of course we know that tasteless jokes occur in comment sections, sadly this is the internet and a-holes are everywhere.)

History has shown that the liberal media has no problem going after the non-campaigning family members of Republicans/Conservatives. They can freely be portrayed as Cruz' kids have, or get 'knocked up at a baseball game" (Palin), or be questioned as the wrong skin color when adopted (Romney), or be ridiculed for having down's syndrome (Palin again), or produce disgusting caption contests for pictures of their kids (Santorum)... I could find more examples but that would mean google searching into the festering pit that is 'tolerant progressivism.'
edit on 23-12-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Rememberwhen GOP staffer Elizabeth Laughton made the comment about Malia and cha-cha

Remember when she was fired ("resigned")?

www.cnsnews.com...
edit on 23-12-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

All great points. Seemingly for the MS and running (hate)- mates, all is fair in love and war eh?

link   
Leave kids out of it.

Period.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

It's in poor form, dumb, and a low blow. Even though I get the joke I think it is distasteful, but then again that's politics for you.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I remember that, and I don't recall people brushing it off.

I think kids should be off limits, and if you're going to bash, limit that bashing to the candidate, not his kids or his wife. The problem here is the typical liberal double standard where drawing kids as monkeys is only acceptable if they're white kids that belong to a GOP candidate.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

It's NOT a double standard. WaPo has already retracted the cartoon due to the controversy (OMG! Political correctness right?)

Washington Post pulls cartoon depicting Cruz’s daughters as monkeys

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I remember that, and I don't recall people brushing it off.

I think kids should be off limits, and if you're going to bash, limit that bashing to the candidate, not his kids or his wife. The problem here is the typical liberal double standard where drawing kids as monkeys is only acceptable if they're white kids that belong to a GOP candidate.

Although, as spouses go, Bill Clinton is certainly fair game

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Plus, we've already heard liberal snipes at Trump's "Trophy Wife".

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: PresidentCamacho

El Pres!!! That is exactly what I thought. Could you imagine the outrage! Let's see who else gets ""shl-longed"" in the months to come.... gotta have some thick skin in poli-trix these days!

It has already happened. I believe it was a Washington Post reporter that did an article on how Obama's children were not smiling that Thanksgiving before.The reporter was terminated....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Outrage at a political cartoon?
Is it wrong, is it right, was it in poor taste? Who cares!
It's a political cartoon! Here in America we value freedom of speech and freedom of the press!
Stars for everyone who defended Free speech!
If you don't like it, roll your eyes and move on with your day.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So The right did it and got called out, now the left does it and gets called out.

But yea double standard, those evil liberals, don't change ats.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It doesn't make fun of his children. It makes fun of HIM.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

MSM logic: Funny / Offensive

edit on 23-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I am sorry, what? How has he used them exactly? By mentioning them in his speech and making a family Christmas video?

Do you know how often Obama mentioned his daughters when running for President?

One Source

Mr. Obama and his wife, Michelle, zealously seek to minimize reporting about their daughters, Malia, 13, and Sasha, 10, in an effort to make growing up in the White House as normal as possible.

And yet, Mr. Obama rarely passes up an opportunity to mention his girls in public, often using them as object lessons in explaining his reasoning behind important policy positions.

On Wednesday, he did it again, suggesting to ABC’s Robin Roberts that it was, in part, discussions with his daughters about friends who have gay parents that helped him “evolve” on the issue of same-sex marriage.

When a person has a family, they talk about them.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid

Among political cartoonists there is a tacit understanding that, while they have free reign to be overtly political and even dramatic, it is still a business...there are editors and readers to ultimately answer to...and some areas of criticism are 'off limits'. Regardless of the cartoonist's political leanings and zealotry, the marketplace for his work is always his first consideration. It's how he feeds his family.

Sometimes, its a fine line to walk...and sometimes the cartoonist lets his political angst and passions get the better of him and he decides to 'jump the shark'. Trust me, this artist has been humbled...to a certain extent, anyway. He lost business (in the form of papers willing to carry his work) as a result of this particular cartoon.

Any cartoon that makes it into print, does so ONLY with the approval of the editorial staff of the syndicate for which the cartoonist works...as well as that of the editorial staff of each individual newspaper that opts to run it.

For every paper that originally chose to run this cartoon, there are hundreds that had declined due to those paper's editors' concerns.

edit on 23-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join