It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Blasts Washington Post Cartoon of Daughters as Monkeys

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ted Cruz Blasts Washington Post Cartoon of Daughters as Monkeys

Well, looks like it's going to be a rough run and we have not even heard the ready, on your mark,......

The cartoon is questionable as far as ethics are concerned. My question fellow ATS'ers. Did they go too far this time? Are spouses and children really off limits?

Who is going g to need thick skin moving forward? It's getting ugly

linker

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Just imagine the outrage if this was Obama's daughters.

But because of Cruz's ethnicity and his political party the SJW's who would go nuts over this kind of stuff just brush it off.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with it. The Cartoon was drawn because Ted Cruz 'uses his children as props', which most certainly is true.

The attack had nothing to do with his children, really, it was all about Ted's obsessive need to use them for his gain.

Ironically, the very thing he did after the cartoon was published was to use this imagery (of his daughters) for his benefit by making an 'emergency fundraiser' for himself because of the existence of the cartoon. Oh the painful irony....
edit on 23/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentCamacho

El Pres!!! That is exactly what I thought. Could you imagine the outrage! Let's see who else gets ""shl-longed"" in the months to come.... gotta have some thick skin in poli-trix these days!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I think it very poor form.

Such mud slinging and personal attacks is immature at best. It something that is somewhat alien to us Brits as our election don’t really get to this level of pettiness and to be honest I think a country should expect more maturity in such a important event.

But free speech mean you can do it. But what you CAN do doesn’t always mean its RIGHT to do.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I agree with Ghost147, I really don't have a problem with it personally just as wouldn't have a problem if the cartoon was about El Pres.

I just get sick of the glaring double standards and hypocrisy of what thin skinned SJW's choose to get outraged about.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

What really did he expect.. really.... In my opinion, when you run for the greatest and most powerful position in the United States of America, you had better expect to be probed by every angle; your entire history including family & financial matters....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What?

because of said cartoon he needed 1 mil in 24 hours?

Really? Thats it?

But you want to be prez but are "under attack".

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
To be honest they are as bad as each other, Cruz for using them in an ad reading "how the liberals stole Christmas or some crap" then in turn trying to milk more money out of it and this Ann woman for attack the children in a stupid cartoon. No morals at all in American politics, they would sell their own grandmother's to get one over on the other side. A reflection just on American politics or on world as a whole? I feel sorry for the kids, they probably haven't a clue how they are being used by both sides.
edit on 23-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

a reply to: PresidentCamacho

Precisely.

I would have had more respect for him if he laughed it off and showed it didn't effect him. However, it's pretty evident that he just wants another excuse to raise money. "Here, my dear followers, please lend me your cash so I can wipe my tears on the bills, for my feelings have been hurt"

I would expect a less fragile demeanor for a potential future president.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The Cartoon was drawn because Ted Cruz 'uses his children as props', which most certainly is true.

still that's not something one does, making fun of someones four, five, six year old just because you don't like their politics, is a sad pathetic excuse of a human. even for liberal rag journalist.

edit on 23-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i wonder how many evil right-wing terrorists are going to strap bombs to themselves and go on murderous killing rampages because of this cartoon? Bc you know, cartoons seem to have that kind of effect on terrorists...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

What really did he expect.. really.... In my opinion, when you run for the greatest and most powerful position in the United States of America, you had better expect to be probed by every angle; your entire history including family & financial matters....

I think though that such a position should be treated with more seriousness.

Less mudslinging and personal attacks and more concentration on serious matters.

A election should not be about entertainment and celebrity. A candidate should not be picked on who can give the best entertainment.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This is what it has come to in Aughmurrika... sadly... it will be a long year of piss-bashing and mud-slinging...

Each day that goes by lays another level of bandaid on the sensitivity wound. We are/have become a calloused nation.....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
i wonder how many evil right-wing terrorists are going to strap bombs to themselves and go on murderous killing rampages because of this cartoon? Bc you know, cartoons seem to have that kind of effect on terrorists...

Why bring that crap into the thread?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

bc when i opened the site today that rightwing terrorist thread was still on the front page and i just couldn't resist lol

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

NO MONKEY BUSINESS
Paper pulls cartoon showing Cruz's daughters as trained primates

THE WASHINGTON POST removes a cartoon depicting the GOP candidate's daughters Caroline and Catherine as animals after criticism from Cruz — as a top Post editor admits he didn't see the cartoon before it was published.

So, they're going to blame it on the Editor and not the cartoonist? I'm torn between "Grow a thicker skin" and the fact that you don't go after someone's kids, just because you don't like their politics. IF he got in office, this would only be the beginning.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Such mud slinging and personal attacks is immature at best. It something that is somewhat alien to us Brits as our election don’t really get to this level of pettiness and to be honest I think a country should expect more maturity in such a important event.

Even a poster of Blair as a version of Bambi with evil eyes (translation; he's not as nice as he looks) was enough to get the Tories into trouble.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The paper, in order to show that they have no political bias (which is what they profess) should post some cartoons with Obama's children portrayed as animals, Hillary as Jabba the Hutt and Bernie Sanders as V I Lenin.

I know.... It is an editorial cartoon and those will allow for bias, but they are printed in a compendium of pieces by 'journalists' that profess to write with no political bias.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just leave the young kids of candidates out of the campaign. Period.
Unless they're grown, married...and involved in allegedly illegal fundraising and nepotism like Chelsea Clinton, they should be off-limits.
edit on 23-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join