It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British MP Angry After Constituents Barred from US Entry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Four points.

One - The US authorities can do what they like and if they think family A should not be allowed in, then that's their decision. They don't have to give a reason. The fact that Muslims can travel into the US without problems infers that something was not right for this family.

Two - From the news it seems that there were two brothers and their respective families, so possible that only one family was barred, but both chose to cancel. That makes it sound better. More like all of the Islamic world is being barred!

Three - If my mate from Liverpool and his family had been barred no one would have batted an eyelid.

Four - Seems like an over-reaction to me!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The US lets in a lot of Muslim tourists. But two brothers traveling with nine kids, without their mothers, whose place of origin is a hotbed of extremism and they themselves have known ties to Al Queda is a bit sketchy. I believe it was the right call to not let them in, but they should have had their money reimbursed.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No. They shouldn’t have their money reimbursed. There kid should not have been looking extremist websites.
The kids fault.
If the father wants his money back he should be looking at his brat.

The fact there mothers were not coming and it was two brothers is irrelevant. Father’s travels on their own with kids all the time.

The suspicious activity on Facebook is enough justification.

Only complaint I have now is the USA had a duty to inform our authorities as soon as they found out so we could have sent police or social workers round to talk to the family about the internet activity of their son so we could work out if he is being radicalised and take action early.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think the MP in question is trying to deflect from certain issues in her constituency. She voted yes on the bomb Syria vote which a good number of her constituency was against and she facing a lot of backlash.

Think she picked up this cause as a deflection.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I had a look at a stormfront website doesn't mean im a racist asshole. I just wanted to see what the racist assholes were saying.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I had a look at a stormfront website doesn't mean im a racist asshole. I just wanted to see what the racist assholes were saying.

Sure.

And hopefully that is the case. The kids not being arrested and taken to court. Likely they will just get a social woker round to give a chat.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This story is so over blown. Let me tell you why.

Last year a good friend of mine had spent $30 thousand dollars on a trip with her hubby and kids to America for the "white christmas" experience, which if you are from Australia you can appreciate when we have scorching hot Christmas Days.

They were due to leave on the 20th December so had their xmas celebrations with family early, were all packed and ready to go when 24 hours before leaving the American Embassy rings them and says glad we caught you....yeah....if you come you will be sent straight home. Turns out the hubby had a prior DUI and the travel agent accidently ticked the box that he had served jail time. he never did.

Took them 6 weeks to get court papers and prove their eligibility for a visa. Then another $8 thousand in re booking penalties for flights and accommodation. Left on their dream holiday 4 months later and had summer in the USA.

They did not stand and scream "its because we are white Christians". Everyone knows America is one of the hardest countries to get a visa too, and if you even slightly not own up to something, you will be turned back.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

And why they play hard on simple tourists from low risk western nations they let millions of undocumented illegalls over there border

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lots of people get refused visa's to the USA for all sorts of reasons.

Their country so they can apply their law as they see fit.

More countries should do the same.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
America has the right to refuse entry to anybody it chooses to, and no amount of bitching will change that. Same as any other country.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

A British member of Parliament has written to Prime Minister David Cameron, asking him to challenge the United States after a British Muslim family was denied permission to travel to southern California at the last minute.

Stella Creasy, a lawmaker who represents northeast London, said in her letter to Cameron that a family party of 11 people -- a father, his nine children, and his brother -- were approached at Gatwick airport and told they could not board their flight to the U.S. on December 15.

Creasy told British newspapers that she is concerned that a growing number of British Muslim families are being denied entry to the U.S. with no reason given.

British MP Angry After Constituents Barred from US Entry

So it started... Decisions like this might bring issues with our friends, like Britain and isolate us in something that really should not represent America, but now it is really doubtful what really should represent us in world. (If you look at GOP candidates, it might be stupidity
)

Wonder on scale from 1 to 10 how high threat are kids wanting to go to Disneyland..

ATS, what you think?

Stupidity is what's happening in the UK and all the rest of Europe right now with uncontrolled islamic violence and rape, and the liberal European governments too politically correct and inept to do anything about it.

Block all immigration. If it hurts the Europeans sensitive little feelings too damn bad for them. If they can't keep their immigrants under control they certainly aren't going to start anything with us. The current state of their countries show they have no balls. I mean that. The current state of Europe is impotence.

We already have millions of illegals in the United States. What we need is mass deportation, not more immigration. Personally I hope our next president has the balls to do something about it.
edit on 12/24/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

And did you make a facebook page saying you are the leader of all racist assholes? There is a FB page linked to their address with the name of their son, who was with them.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Although I agree with the DHS security decision you do know we are talking about TOURISTS here not illegal immigrants,! Not everyone thats come to the USA is a illegal immigrant and wants to stay!

Tourism is a multi billion doller industry in your country that employs millions of Americans.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

That there is the knee jerk reaction to a real problem. It's just as bad as saying there is no problem.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That there is the knee jerk reaction to a real problem. It's just as bad as saying there is no problem.

I know. Makes you want to face palm right?

Balance and common sense is whats needed.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

And did you make a facebook page saying you are the leader of all racist assholes? There is a FB page linked to their address with the name of their son, who was with them.

Yup.

Likely a joke.

But the kid should know the UK and USA is at war with those guys and its a stupid joke to make before travelling. Like shouting fire in a crowded cinema or bomb on a plane.

The kid is the one that ruined his family's dream holiday.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Two rare commodities.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Israel is the only other country I am aware of that refuses entry after you have actually landed in their country.

Every country does this, more or less. The Uk certainly does. It will hold you and send you back to whence you came on the next flight.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Indeedy - Amy Winehouse was repeatedly refused entry and work visa's, entirely down to an extensive list of priors.

The UK does the same. In 2014, we denied entry to nearly 17,000 people who had actually arrived here, much less who were about to board a flight elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure we're talking about the same people, but apparently a Mr Mahmood was found to be running a taliban facebook support page, at least according to the daily fail. That would explain why HE was arbitrarily denied entry.

Also, people who are denied entry are never told why, only that they have been denied entry. Not knowing exactly why people get denied, makes it harder for people to concoct 'work-arounds', and harder to hide stuff, etc. Quite probably the guy at the desk won't even know why you're being denied. It just comes up on his system to deny entry.
edit on 25/12/2015 by BMorris because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join