It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British MP Angry After Constituents Barred from US Entry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They should at least get a official reason.

If not then a refund on the tickets as at least the USA could have informed them a few weeks before and not at the airport then they would cancell there tickets.

Sure the US has a right to jerk them around but if they make a habbit of it, it could hurt there tourist industry as a lot of tourism comes from us Brits.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: SuperFrog

Amazing how you can blame GOP CANDIDATES for this, but not the Democrat PRESIDENT.

Last I knew, candidates for president aren't the ones setting policy.

Good try though!

Read news... you will see WHY gop candidates rhetoric is to blame for questions...

Let's not forget congress and senate, both controlled by who...??

I just don't see how do you managed to blame Obama who actually opposed stuff like this from happening, where GOP candidates are in race who will be louder and more anti American...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Sure the US has a right to jerk them around but if they make a habbit of it, it could hurt there tourist industry as a lot of tourism comes from us Brits.
+

Hmmmm. So you are saying that if the government keeps jerking tourists around Boymonkey may not actually come here on vacation?

Is this really a bad thing?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just because you pay for an ESTA means nothing - they can still refuse you even once you land in the USA.

Israel is the only other country I am aware of that refuses entry after you have actually landed in their country.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Amazing how you can blame GOP CANDIDATES for this, but not the Democrat PRESIDENT.

Last I knew, candidates for president aren't the ones setting policy.

Good try though!

Read news... you will see WHY gop candidates rhetoric is to blame for questions...

Let's not forget congress and senate, both controlled by who...??

I just don't see how do you managed to blame Obama who actually opposed stuff like this from happening, where GOP candidates are in race who will be louder and more anti American...

And let's not forget who it is that issued executive orders in regards to immigration.

Not "candidate orders," but executive orders.

ETA - it's good to see your type getting an early jump on blaming the republicans. I guess Bush is finally too far in the past to blame for some stuff, so we need to turn our attention to the guys with no executive power whatsoever because republican
edit on 23-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typos and such

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Keep in mind the Feds won't even give US citizens a reason for why they are on the "No Fly List".

As far as the refund, that should be on the airline.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

And let's not forget who it is that issued executive orders in regards to immigration.

Not "candidate orders," but executive orders.

ETA - it's good to see your type getting an early jump on blaming the republicans. I guess Bush is finally too far in the past to blame for some stuff, so we need to turn our attention to the guys with no executive power whatsoever because republican

Wait, are you trying to say Trump (or any other republican candidate) would not do what he is promising???

As for types... and now that i have type... good to see 'your' type is being reviled for what really is....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Keep in mind the Feds won't even give US citizens a reason for why they are on the "No Fly List".

Which is pretty poor form from your government.

Is someone is on a no fly list they should have a right to know. Especially when going through the ESTA forms.
The fact a ESTA was granted in the first place shows there poor communication across government departments.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

crazy - the esta is just another source of revenue for them - it means absolutely nothing.

edit to add:

from the esta application site :

It is important to mention, that a valid ESTA does not guarantee automatic entry on arrival.

edit on 23-12-2015 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I know it doesnt.

But its still stupid that you can get granted a ESTA if on a no fly list.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Which is pretty poor form from your government.

Is someone is on a no fly list they should have a right to know. Especially when going through the ESTA forms.
The fact a ESTA was granted in the first place shows there poor communication across government departments.

I agree! Unless you are very wealthy who can afford to hire an attorney to fight them though?

The "No Fly List" is a direct assault against "due process". According to the laws you are guilty and the average drone doesn't have the monetary resources to even find out why they are on it.

I just wanted to bring that aspect of this story up so that those of you across the pond can understand why we get pissed when we see lawmakers wanting to use the "No Fly List" as a means to take away rights.

Anyhow, Happy Holidays to you and yours!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

For non US citizens I think you 100% do have the right to but them on no fly lists for any reason.

But it should work like the UK no fly lists in that you know your on it and the reason.

And its terrible practice to put your own citziens on it with due process. A Citizen should have the right to travel.

And Happy holidays back!
edit on 23-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
Why are we blaming no Fly lists or the GOP or anyone other than the real reason this is in place. Radical Islam. The whole reason that the SB shooting was missed is that there was no 'review' of Social Media posts.

If they are innocent, which more than likely they are, I would be pissed and worried that my child is looking at radical things online. That is where the blame needs to lie right now.

Also, the threat to Disney is real. For the first time ever they now have permanent metal detectors to get into the park.
edit on 12am31amf0000002015-12-23T10:31:01-06:001001 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I agree we're not getting the full story and I also found it odd the mother wasn't included in the travel plans. As a mom I'd want to see my children's happy reaction to Disneyland, it would be a memorable event.

What I find most unusual is the timing. This time of year I imagine Disneyland is all about x-mas. Could be a tad off-putting/over crowded especially for those not into the whole x-mas experience.

Kind of tortuous taking 9 children to christmas-kid-land if they can't fully immerse themselves but we simply don't know enough about the family, maybe they're really into x-mas???

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Why are we blaming no Fly lists or the GOP or anyone other than the real reason this is in place. Radical Islam. The whole reason that the SB shooting was missed is that there was no 'review' of Social Media posts.

If they are innocent, which more than likely they are, I would be pissed and worried that my child is looking at radical things online. That is where the blame needs to lie right now.

If that was the case of the ban then that is 100% fair. But the Family should have been informed of that to begin with so the father could take appropriate actions.

And if that is the reason then the Kid can get the blame from the rest of the family for blowing there £9000 dream holiday

The USA has likley done the right thing, they just had very poor communication.
edit on 23-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So you think the congress and senate sets the rules for DHS?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

My type would be the one that calls people out on their shenanigans, regardless of their political leaning, like I'm doing here.

It's cute how you're taking Trump's comments and applying them republicans in general.

Let's see, Graham said Trump's ideas don't make Americans any safer. Santorum said its not the right idea. The head of the Iowa GOP, whatever his name is, has repeatedly stated that Trump's plan is not what the GOP stands for. Bush called Trump unhinged for his stance. Cruz has run away from Trump's suggestion like its the plague. Even Dick Cheney, of all freaking people, has said Trump's suggestion isn't what the GOP stands for. Paul Ryan, speaker of the house (one of the legislative bodies you mentioned earlier) said the suggestion isn't what republicans stand for.

So please, don't be intentionally ignorant and assign all the rhetoric coming from Trump to every other republican seeking office or currently sitting in office, because it's not even remotely true

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

So you think the congress and senate sets the rules for DHS?

Obviously, yes.

Minus those pesky executive orders, of course.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If that was the case of the ban then that is 100% fair. But the Family should have been informed of that to begin with so the father could take appropriate actions.

And if that is the reason then the Kid can get the blame from the rest of the family for blowing there £9000 dream holiday

The USA has likley done the right thing, they just had very poor communication.

Happy Holidays! Enjoy good food and a bit of good spirits with friends and family!

The US government is mostly famous for one thing..........incompetence and one of its many consequences....bungling. That being the case.....I'm going to weigh in here as to a possible reason for the last minute entry denial....note from the article: The family had been granted permission to visit the United States under the Visa Waiver program, which authorizes travel for up to 90 days without a visa.

I'd be willing to bet that someone or some "group" at the US Embassy is getting signals to the effect that the "Visa Waiver Program" is about to be cancelled to protect the Administration of the US Gov't from charges they don't know who's entering the country, or that they don't know whereabouts of the people who enter under the Visa Waiver program after they enter the country and don't leave.

Just a hunch.......but that's my dos centavos!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I just want to be sure that is what he actually thinks. He is probably feverishing googling it now. Soon he will find out the administration sets those rules. he probably doesn't even know the DHS was creating through an executive order bypassing congress..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join