It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast at Turkish Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Be very interested to see where the plane that the cleaner was injured on, was going!

An attempted downing before christmas maybe?

Blast at Turkey airport kills cleaner
An explosion at an airport in Istanbul has killed one person and damaged three planes hundreds of metres apart, Turkish media says, triggering a security alert.
Authorities are trying to determine if a bomb was responsible for the blast at Sabiha Gokcen, the city's second airport and located on its Asian side.
The explosion happened in the early hours of the morning on Wednesday, local budget carrier Pegasus said, fatally wounding a cleaner on one of its planes.
The airport's owner, Malaysia Airports, referred to more than one explosion "at the tarmac area", adding that normal flight operations had resumed shortly afterwards.
Police declined to comment, while the airport said investigations into the cause of the blast were ongoing.

... I did a search for this item but couldnt find a thread.. anyone?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Damaged other planes hundreds of meters apart, eh?

I wonder what they classify as damage. A falling bit of plane could scratch paint that far out... But it sounds like they only have a photo of a window with a hole in it.

Would be curious to see where the plane might be going, assuming a given plane is planned out that far ahead of time. I guess I wouldn't know.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

…fatally wounding a cleaner on one of its planes.

If killed while on board doing their job, sounds like they were either the one trying to plant a bomb on board and it went off, or they disturbed a bomb left there by someone else and unknowingly set it off while doing their job.

Either way, if it went off on board it was probably intentioned to go off in the air.

Hero or culprit?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah I think you are right, poor cleaner on minimum wage probably knocked it with a brush or a vacuum.

Sounds powerful if it went through the fuselage and damaged plans a distance away.

edit on am645318232015-12-23T06:45:09-06:00062015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
www.news.com.au...

Be very interested to see where the plane that the cleaner was injured on, was going!

An attempted downing before christmas maybe?

Blast at Turkey airport kills cleaner
An explosion at an airport in Istanbul has killed one person and damaged three planes hundreds of metres apart, Turkish media says, triggering a security alert.
Authorities are trying to determine if a bomb was responsible for the blast at Sabiha Gokcen, the city's second airport and located on its Asian side.
The explosion happened in the early hours of the morning on Wednesday, local budget carrier Pegasus said, fatally wounding a cleaner on one of its planes.
The airport's owner, Malaysia Airports, referred to more than one explosion "at the tarmac area", adding that normal flight operations had resumed shortly afterwards.
Police declined to comment, while the airport said investigations into the cause of the blast were ongoing.

... I did a search for this item but couldnt find a thread.. anyone?

I hope they did a sweep of all the other planes or I would be worried there will be more.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I would think it is the other way around, that an explosion took place on the tarmac and sent debris into the aircraft where it killed the person cleaning the aircraft. If the explosion was large enough to send debris hundreds of meters away and damage other aircraft I think it would have been strong enough to destroy what ever aircraft it was placed on.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
ISIS biting the feeding hand?

Turkey false flag playing victim?

Russian retaliation?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Until we hear more, I'm going with tire explosion as the cause.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
According to the Wall Street Journal it took place adjacent to the aircraft:

The cause of the explosion near a plane is unknown, it said. Source

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Until we hear more, I'm going with tire explosion as the cause.

Thats interesting enough, but would tire explosions send enough frag upwards through the wheel bay and into the plane itself to fatally injure occupants of the passenger cabin? I think they would account for that possibility when initially designing the plane.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well, exploding tire debris was responsible for the Concorde crash, for whatever that's worth.

Bob

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

According to the Wall Street Journal it took place adjacent to the aircraft:

The cause of the explosion near a plane is unknown, it said. Source

That sounds like a bomb in cargo or catering.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
That sounds like a bomb in cargo or catering.

That is a very distinct possibility. However the most recent news is:

"On the cause of the incident, security and intelligence teams are carrying out investigations. But it's too early to reach a verdict or comment on it yet." Source

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Still mums… interesting pics in these links though.

article

"probably" a bomb

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Mortar rounds. Four rounds were fired from just about a mile from the airport.

atwonline.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Does anyone think that these blasts are taking place in order to balance the biological cycle? This is happening everywhere in this world. The notable example is the one which happened recently in Paris. How the intruders get into other countries without permission? What are the security forces doing? It is the responsibility of the securities to check the identity of a person while migrating to a foreign country. Doesn't the corps know it?
edit on 14-1-2016 by NathanCassidy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
They say its Mortar outside of the site to the airport, aimed at the planes but could not reach.

new topics

top topics

join