It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Tiny Houses/Small Houses. Would you downsize? [PIC HEAVY]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: Ghost147

They all look lovely just one think strikes me... where as I have already

downsized from a semi to a bungalow many years ago, and so glad I did.

With those lovely small homes you linked .... what happens as when

you age and get less mobile, arthritic etc. however will you manage the

small precarious ladders/stairs?

I've thought that too. Definitely would need a single floor design. Or what the heck, just build or buy a small house.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can't believe nobody mentioned yurts! They are a pretty good alternative to a strictly tiny home. I never lived in one, but I've stayed in a few while camping/fishing in Alaska. One of the yurts was even 30' so in my opinion it could accommodate a family. The few I stayed in were prefabricated yurts from a company called WeatherPort. They were more sturdy (in Alaska!) but were not as portable as the traditional mongolian yurt.

I really did enjoy staying there, but I don't know if I could handle living in such a small space. Seems like fun at first, but then the novelty might wear off. Who knows, I guess.

Love seeing the pics btw!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would definitely downsize if there was some ergonomic and environmental considerations made. And I didn't have kids.

The issue I have is that what may seem hip now and is being pushed on TV etc, will eventually become the norm. We will be forced into it. When I look around at new builds now, they are already at zero lot lines with much smaller houses. Hell we have types of light bulbs foisted on us, low flow toilets and sinks and showers and probably other things folded into codes and ordinances that we may not even ever consider.

Cities and towns are morphing quickly to include more multi-family dwellings and Obama even ordered HUD to require communities to report housing statistics based on low-income availability with Federal dollars tied to meeting certain requirements.

Where will it end?

What some see as trendy, I worry is the inevitable future. Freedom means living where and how you want to live. If that's small, fine. If that's big, that should be fine too.
edit on 2/15/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join