It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above top secret court room.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So if the accused board troll does not show up for court, do you issue an internet warrant? A B.O.L.O. for the troll?

Ooh, Ooh... Can I be the Board Troll Bounty Hunter?

[edit on 1/7/2005 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
So if the accused board troll does not show up for court, do you issue an internet warrant? A B.O.L.O. for the troll?

Ooh, Ooh... Can I be the Board Troll Bounty Hunter?

Yes, on the ATS RPG. although, i think Pisky is a. of you, magical powers and all. you can just run fast. Be careful, the final battle is Simon comanding SO, House of the Dead style.

its easier if you play in multiplayer mode.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Good plan but it is based on a bad assumption.

You are assuming that mods aren't exercising correct judgements when they ban or put someone on global ignore.

What good would it do to them by banning people from their site?

So basically NO.

Let the mods have the fun of reading through threads and enforcing judgement, while we have fun discussing.

Surf

Surf

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Cool idea but that would mean more work for staff it seems that they way the staff deal with trolls and the like does work well.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades

Originally posted by instar
"I accuse Goode valhall, she be a witch"!! Lol sorry Val, but if ya not a witch, you'll float right?

LMAO!!! And I accuse ye, Goody Magickexists! Her name tells it all!

Yes sure accuse me of being a witch i know nothings. -manuel "faulty towers"

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Havn't you heard. I have my own law system. I use it occasionally. In fact I am about to use it now:

The Supreme Mystical Unicornial Court of Law and Justice finds that an Above Tops Secret Court Room is unconstitutional. If so existent the founder may or may not have to pay a $10,000 fine or 10 years in prision.

The Supreme Mystical Unicornial Court of Law and Justice is adjournerd!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ok I figured this one out after much contemplation. What if the moderators could make a button in the avatar area where when the person has a warning they can be voted against by all of the moderators. Make it so that all the moderators get a u2u about the warning and vote on whether he/she loses points .

I think the current system works fine though

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
Alright i was just eating a bagel and i had an amazing idea. What if trolls were given a courtdate in a virtual cour on this site a forum based on determining whether or not certain people were in fact trolls by annointing a virtual lawer and jury and judge(obviously a moderator) and sentencing an appropriate punishment. I.E. banishment, required quota of time to not post, or denied new topic making for individuals this is just a begining idea im sure if it is worth following through then there will be much feedback and possibly a new forum based on above top secret etiquette and policies.
What do you guys think feed back appreciated.

wow is there a need to devote that much time to trolls? I mean trolls seek attention and to disrupt... wow.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I touched on the concept of an ATS/BTS "court system" briefly in one of earliest posts;

I'm not certain, but the thread may have been closed or "locked" because, for some reason, I was not able to link to the page. Try searching for post number Text 1434062 . It was a thread entitled "POINTS" to become the New "Monetary System" of ATS/BTS?Nevertheless, I thought that it was novel idea for a web-site like ATS/BTS. This site is quickly developing into an "internet community" of sorts and, in an effort to mimic societal institutions within a cyber society, a monetary system and a "legal" system were natural developments of this line of thought.

However, if one were to give this concept a bit more thought, it would indeed be incredibly cumbersome, unwieldy and would demand a lot of man hours to put into place. But who knows what the future will bring?

[edit on 3/7/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The current system sux I get warned for the most retarded things and I lose like 500 points for it. Its so friggin unfair. It was just a little insult.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
The current system sux I get warned for the most retarded things and I lose like 500 points for it. Its so friggin unfair. It was just a little insult.

seeing you have the tittle scholar, you should know better than to insult members.
500 points is peanuts too

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What if trolls were given a courtdate in a virtual cour on this site a forum based on determining whether or not certain people were in fact trolls by annointing a virtual lawer and jury and judge(obviously a moderator) and sentencing an appropriate punishment.

June 19, 2006

Until that time, please refrain from posting.

Thank you,

Crakeur ...judge, jury, jackarse.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
IT ISN'T PEANUTS WHEN YOU ALREADY HAD NEGATIVE POINTS. THERE REALLY NEEDS TO BE A LITTLE LEEWAY. Anyway what is so bad about insulting someone. people do it all of the time in real life

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

IT ISN'T PEANUTS WHEN YOU ALREADY HAD NEGATIVE POINTS. THERE REALLY NEEDS TO BE A LITTLE LEEWAY. Anyway what is so bad about insulting someone. people do it all of the time in real life

now now no need to yell, you might lose more points.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!! JEEZ WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE I DO THE SAME THINGS YOU DO AND I GET WARNED! ANYWAY HOW IS IT A WARNING IF I LOSE POINTS!

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!! JEEZ WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE I DO THE SAME THINGS YOU DO AND I GET WARNED! ANYWAY HOW IS IT A WARNING IF I LOSE POINTS!

April 23rd, 2PM. The crime: exessive use of caps.
If found guilty, the minimum sentence will be the use of fonts no larger than size 1, the maximum penalty will be the removal of all keys on your keyboard, leaving you with the ability to type and not actually post.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Heh, you might want to not post until you cool down for a little while. You're one away from going off the deep end back into the Internet abyss that is banned-dom.

Basically, I think the court idea would waste too much time on people who really aren't worth it. The majority of people who get themselves banned wouldn't co-operate or take the trial seriously anyways. They'd just outburst in the middle of the trial like a little Saddam. Something along the lines of... well...

GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!! JEEZ

On top of that, ATS isn't a free society. They don't have to give you any rights. They are providing you with a free service. Abovetopsecret.com is a fortified dictatorship, ruled with an iron fist. If you are an enemy of the ATS state, you will be 'eliminated'.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

What if trolls were given a courtdate in a virtual cour on this site a forum based on determining whether or not certain people were in fact trolls by annointing a virtual lawer and jury and judge(obviously a moderator) and sentencing an appropriate punishment.

June 19, 2006

Until that time, please refrain from posting.

Thank you,

Crakeur ...judge, jury, jackarse.

Count one! Impersonating an officer/judge jury and jackarse.
Bail set at half a million ats points and until bail is posted you will serve deadtime with bubba in the drunk tank.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Count one! Impersonating an officer/judge jury and jackarse.
Bail set at half a million ats points and until bail is posted you will serve deadtime with bubba in the drunk tank.

believe me when I say this. I am not now, nor have I ever been impersonatinga jackarse. I am, through and through, purebred jackarse.

and incidentally, I know bubba very well or should I say bubba knows me very well. he protected me last time I was in the slammer.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How about a tribunal,or even perhaps a Spanish Inquisition

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join