It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above top secret court room.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Alright i was just eating a bagel and i had an amazing idea. What if trolls were given a courtdate in a virtual cour on this site a forum based on determining whether or not certain people were in fact trolls by annointing a virtual lawer and jury and judge(obviously a moderator) and sentencing an appropriate punishment. I.E. banishment, required quota of time to not post, or denied new topic making for individuals this is just a begining idea im sure if it is worth following through then there will be much feedback and possibly a new forum based on above top secret etiquette and policies.
What do you guys think feed back appreciated.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Interesting idea, but I think it'd be far to burdensome to actually have it, and people would just be demanding that each other be put into court for whatever offenses. The current system seems to be working well enough

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Interesting idea, although given the size of this board and the number of members vs. the number of mods I think the court system would become backlogged very much like real life. I doubt that this is a feasible option.

We tried this ona site I worked on previously and it didn't work very well. It creates anger between staff and members, it's not a very good way to run a board I don't think.

Lukefj

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It would take up too much time.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well that puts an end to that idea

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i dont think it needs to be done quite like that. rather than make it a whole big show, which cant be enforced at all, you could set up a system where someone reviews posts and threads, sees what people write, and hands out decisions on it. theyd warn the poster a few times that what they were doing is detrimental to the site, and should stop it, possibly with penalties. and, eventually, if the problem persists, they could hand over the names to SO for review, and possibly a banning.

sounds pretty much like a moderator to me. and, by pretty much, I mean exactly. sorry bro.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I doubt that would ever happen and it would take up too much time like thebandit said and it would be a waste of time.. but if it would happen i call to be the court bailiff

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Interesting idea, good on paper, but i cannot not see it working. It would cost too much time and it would be given the troll attention, attention is what they want.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I will create a lot of board dramas - bad idea

The idea of ATS is not about gossips and judging -it is about discussing conspiracy theories....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oooo, and have to pay court fees, say, 200 points. And can be given death sentence(banned), or life sentence(no new topics) or something. But would take sooooo much time it wouldn't be worth it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
I but if it would happen i call to be the court bailiff

Dibs on the bail monies.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here's a thought. We completely reject giving even one moment to some one who gets their kicks pissing nothingness all over a virtual community and center our thoughts on the wild wild world around us!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Magickesists you have some real talent.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think the idea is a good one, even though it would be hard to execute.
They do this on another site I frequent, but the judgement is left entirely to the mods, who can be brutal, but keep the site running really well. They have a section in their forums called Troll Patrol where someone can make note of troll activity. The mod on duty checks it out and takes care of the issue asap (usually by banning the troll.) They also have a section called Forum Traffic Court which is not so much about trolling, but a place where regulars can report a poster who is disrupting healthy forum activity, knowingly or unknowingly (not adhering to board rules, etc.) They mods are a little more lenient there, offering warnings at first usually.

The mods on that board tend to err on the side of caution (a lot of merciless banning), but the board does serious heavy traffic, people still come and it runs pretty well.

I love this place (ATS). Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Done it, ages ago (years ago infact...)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many more of these around somewhere....

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The current system seems to be working well enough

For those of us in the dark, what is the current system and how is it supposed to work?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Done it, ages ago (years ago infact...)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many more of these around somewhere....

I don't think i have ever read anything so insane what was that all about anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"I accuse Goode valhall, she be a witch"!!
:shk: Lol sorry Val, but if ya not a witch, you'll float right?

Disclaimer:
I bear no responsibility for the lynching or burning, virtual or otherwise , of any member living, dead, or extra terrestrial . Any similarity of monikers to any member, living, dead or extra terrestrial is purely co-incidental.
No witch was harmed in the making of this post.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
"I accuse Goode valhall, she be a witch"!! Lol sorry Val, but if ya not a witch, you'll float right?

LMAO!!! And I accuse ye, Goody Magickexists! Her name tells it all!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join