It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics is a Cancer of the Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Politics is a cancer that divides the people at our cores (ourselves), especially in a political climate such as America where there are two opposing "factions" constantly bickering and arguing with one another about how their side is better than the other side.

This trickles down to the people where Republicans do not like Democrats and vice versa. It is dangerous to our society and is a sickness of the mind. If you feed into it, it feeds off of you, continuing to divide you from others purely based not on our actions but our views. These different views are them pitted against each other on the MSM, further brainwashing the people.

This may be kinda obvious but it is just something I wanted to get out there. Thanks for reading.

edit on 12/22/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Politics means the science of people.

There goes humanity

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

They real issue is that people are deeply divided in the USA. MSM takes advantage of that fact in order to further divide people.

Gun control is a great example. It is so ingrained among the population that guns are a right because the constitution says so that those who can see reason that maybe not everyone needs one are shut down. And yet that voice is growing each time another mass shooting happens.

Not being American, I have no answer to the quandary. But I can say that living in a country where guns are strictly controlled, mass shootings are few and far between.

We have a united voice on the subject and it is not an issue for us.

So politics is not the cancer, it's MSM and lobby groups who create division.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I see politics as the cancer used by the MSM and lobby groups to divide us. MSM is 95% political talk nowadays and lobby groups pay politicians to pass policies beneficial to them. Yes, the people behind the concept are to blame as well but the concept itself dangerous as well, it is the virus that causes the sickness.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
well what would be a good alternative to what we have now?
just one political party that rules over everything? woudlnt that be basically be like canada or the UK and their monarcy system they have?
"the royal kingdom of united states corporations?" lol

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to be united with people they strongly disagree with? The divisions are not made up. They exist and they aren't going to go away. The only thing that is going to work is if people can go more towards a live and let live mindset and stop trying to force other people to see things their way. The idea of "unity" is not helpful there.
edit on 30-12-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
just one political party that rules over everything? woudlnt that be basically be like canada or the UK and their monarcy system they have?

We (Canadians) are part of the CommonWealth, which does answers to a monarchy. But the Queen has granted Canada alot of freedom - more than you could have expected from any other monarchy. Do not confuse monarchy for totalitarianism or dictatorship. A certain level of authority is necessary in any system (yes, even in nature) to maintain coherence and thus evolution. So far I have seen no libertarian system survive time. All libertarian systems in the past have either dissolved themselves or reverted to an authoritarian system to maintain coherence.

Furthermore, remember that Canada itself is politically independent from UK, and we have alot more political parties (five, I believe - I can't keep up, some more parties get added all the time).

Enlightened, I gave you a S&F because I believe you are right: ultimately, we are of the same specie. Humanity should be united, not divided.

But I respectfully disagree with you on one thing: political parties are not useless - they are a stepping stone to something much greater. Primitive indeed, but unfortunately necessary.

edit on 30-12-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join