It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kecksburg UFO – GE Mark 2? MUFON researchers can't keep it up long enough

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Kecksburg craft is not to unsimilar in appearance to the
Project Orion Nuclear Propulsion in the 1950s

-MM

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Kecksburg craft is not to unsimilar in appearance to the
Project Orion Nuclear Propulsion in the 1950s

-MM

There is similarity with the descriptions of the craft given (see above Project Orion test craft).

However the Partial Test Ban Treaty of 1963 seemed to have ended Orion some two years before the Kecksburg incident occurred.

See : en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Soviet re-entry modules:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi
Thanks for the excellent thread Isaac!

I saw your comment in mirageman's thread about this GE Mark 2 explanation not being plausible and I was curious about what you meant, but now you've explained that in all the detail I could have hoped for, so I appreciate that!

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
John Ventre has responded to my item by asserting that I'm wrong and that I ignore the duration of the launch on 9 December.

It seems that he has not actually read my item, since It is simply untrue to say that I ignore the 9 December launch. The entire point of my item is to explain (in detail) the rather basic differences between the single-stage Program 437AP launch on 7 December 1965 and the multi-stage Corona launch on 9 December 1965.
Selective reading by John Ventre? I thought you explained it quite well.

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
I might get around to writing a general review of the case, rather than this minor thread about the flaws in just one proposed explanation. However, I think it worth noting (as I mentioned in my OP) that most press coverage (and a scientific article) at the time reported that the fireball sightings were caused by a meteor.
I have little doubt there was a meteor. What I wonder is whether something else happened in addition to the meteor, besides cosmos96 allegedly coming down in Canada but with no public record of its recovery. If all the Kecksburg witnesses spinning tales of a recovered object are making things up it seems like a fair number of storytellers, though a few never seemed that plausible to me. As I said in mirageman's thread it's unknown to me what, if anything, happened in addition to the meteor, or if anything significant really happened in Kecksburg other than an uneventful search which found nothing.

Even if the storytellers in kecksburg were busy, I still wonder if the following is true, or if it's a reporting error, since I notice they don't cite a direct quote from NASA spokesman Steitz for this (archive.org link that must be copied/pasted since ATS can't handle them):

web.archive.org...://www.news24.com/News24/Technology/News/0,,2-13-1443_1848103,00.html

A National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) spokesperson says there's no cover-up - the "UFO" was a Russian satellite, but government records documenting it have been lost.
I don't know if he really said it was a Russian Satellite, did he? They do quote him saying other things directly, but not that. This is a bit of a fly in the ointment for the "nothing happened at Kecksburg except a fruitless search" idea, but I don't know how credible this report is.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

You really think the US Government would pay attention to things like "treaties", "agreements", "conventions", "human rights" etc?

Or almost any government, for that matter...

edit on 23/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Can't add anything to this but as always the information content, structure of the article and fact count are second to none, Mr Koi sir, I thank you.

I wish you and all in here a very merry Xmas or a happy holiday depending on your culture.

Paul.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Good sleuthing once again Master Koi. I don't know whether to stroke or clean my monocle.

I believe i've read another thread of yours that covered this incident and while the public might not know the truth, it is by definition a UFO.

We know not what it is, it was flying (or falling) and it was an object. I doubt the extraterrestrial origin of this incident however the lack of one word intrigues me. Green. Meteors usually break up and emit a greenish tinge high up in the atmosphere, And after all I've read I've never heard a mention of a green fireball.

I suspect debris from a lips are sealed project but that's just a stab in the dark.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Amazing work again isaac,

I would say your hypothesis is definitely on the right track, and i have even learnt a few things, about this historical case,

I do have one question, if all this has just come out as a possible Mark 2 reentry vehicle, why now????

if this was the case why has it taken 50 years to make this announcement,

I guess the Mirage Men were working overtime on this one.

S&F for you

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This thread deserves way more stars. And flags.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Here let me help you...component number 1 called glocke (bell)

Well that component is responsible for the inverse gravity field that lofts the craft, unfortunately when it was being tested it broke free from the mounts

no its not alien, its ours

As for rockets thats all PR, we haven't needed them since mid 1930s

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
Here let me help you...component number 1 called glocke (bell)

Well that component is responsible for the inverse gravity field that lofts the craft, unfortunately when it was being tested it broke free from the mounts

Yes, well, I think it would be nice to have some evidence in support of those claims...

Terribly old fashioned of me, I know.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The Kecksburg object was a Russian version of the Nazis' Die Glocke, according to Clark McClelland, a former top NASA official who claims to have worked with some of the Nazi rocket scientists who had worked on this craft during WWII and who assisted in sending American astronaughts to the Moon. See here and here.

He says that he was sent to the crash site at the time it happened and examined it personally for about 15 minutes, even touching the craft. Now those who want to find a more prosaic explanation that avoids the mystery surrounding the Die Glocke can shut their eyes to the photos provided by McClelland of the object lying on a US Army flatbed lorry. They can wilfully ignore all the photographic evidence proving his employment with NASA at a high level (Space Shuttle Fleet SCO). They can dupe others with the usual, dismissive, one-line ad hominem that fails to address the evidence and testimony of a PRIME WITNESS. In short, they can use all the tricks resorted to by debunkers on conspiracy/paranormal forums. But no one should be deceived by such desperate attempts to ignore the evidence of a witness merely because one prefers a conventional explanation that preserves one's cosy, down-to-earth outlook on the universe. The truth is a matter NOT of what one wants to be true but what is actually real. You may dismiss McClelland as an untrustworthy witness. But that is just YOUR opinion - it does not amount to objective evidence that disproves his claims. Don't suggest that he is lying in order to help sell his book. Try listening to his story as he tells it
www.stargate-chronicles.com...
and it should soon convince you that he is genuine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join