It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you know what the truth is?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Yet you yourself have no idea which God or Gods or Goddesses or what the hell ever are real or not real and have admited to being willing to worshiping whatever the hell speaks to you.

So you could have some moment in the future where a box of crackers speaks to you as the creator. You wouldn't be the first..

Zero objectivity.

So please tell me what, or who this creator is.

Nothing?

Welcome to the early stages of atheism/agnosticism.

I mean that. I went through a similar stage.

I wager many here did.

But if you are so desperate for something beyond yourself to cling to..

I would wager you have an addictive personality.

Whatever empowers you buddy.

By the way..

Who created the creator? Because you know...

i think people who say that there is no creator are in blissful ignorance and those who have knowledge of what a real god is are powerful with knowledge.

You see.. it's ad infinitum..
edit on 12-23-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

The Egyptian gods (actually ALL of the ancient gods) actually existed. They're fallen angels. They're not gods. God is everywhere. Because He made everything. If you can't see that God is real by looking at a blade of grass, then you're not using your eyes.

So you're a jesus loving panthiest? Your god jehovah has no power left - the demiurge pretender is not worthy of reverence or worship

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Serving yourself is silly--you're nothing on your own. You're just DUST. How lame. Also, you're not perfect. So you're okay with serving your own stupid and evil desires

Anyone that doesn't first love themselves cannot love another. You are wrong on so many levels. The false god jehovah keeps you imprisoned - your words attest to that.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
i think people who say that there is no creator are in blissful ignorance and those who have knowledge of what a real god is are powerful with knowledge.

If you have knowledge, then you have proof. You're free to present your evidence so I too can be more enlightened, and less 'blissfully ignorant'.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Yet you yourself have no idea which God or Gods or Goddesses or what the hell ever are real or not real and have admited to being willing to worshiping whatever the hell speaks to you.

So you could have some moment in the future where a box of crackers speaks to you as the creator. You wouldn't be the first..

Zero objectivity.

So please tell me what, or who this creator is.

Nothing?

Welcome to the early stages of atheism/agnosticism.

I mean that. I went through a similar stage.

I wager many here did.

But if you are so desperate for something beyond yourself to cling to..

I would wager you have an addictive personality.

Whatever empowers you buddy.

By the way..

Who created the creator? Because you know...

You see.. it's ad infinitum..

i never said i worshipped anything,
stop putting words in my mouth to make yourself feel better all your doing is making yourself look like a troll with your teen angst in your posts.

the creator would have created itself, it would be obvious, bu then again the whole what came first the chicken or the egg may be above your head

edit on 23-12-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

also, i wont tell you who the creator is until you take a good look in the mirror...dont believe that? then excuse me for seeing you as created in the image and likeness of god.

i dont worship the thing to talk to me and the first voice that came to me before even isis was when i heard a loud accept when i said to myself that the father would do anything for the son.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

stop putting words in my mouth to make yourself feel better all your doing is making yourself look like a troll with your teen angst in your posts.

To quote your OP: " it is so hard to drop the idea of the bible when you have no other way of understanding your own existence, but if i pray and ask for jesus and god to assist me nothing happens... but instead i am comforted by and communicate with an entity that claims to be the egyptain god Isis."

If you are praying to a god, you're worshiping a god.

Worship Definition: show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites. "the Maya built jungle pyramids to worship their gods" synonyms: revere, reverence, venerate, pay homage to, honor, adore, praise, pray to, glorify, exalt, extol

It seems evident, from your OP, that you indeed had worshiped a god (if not several). I would say that WakeUpBeer's comment is a legitimate one.

the creator would have created itself, it would be obvious, bu then again the whole what came first the chicken or the egg may be above your head

Why is that obvious? And how does anything like that 'create itself'. In order for it to create something, it would already have to exist. The logic is flawed.

Also, we do actually know what came first in the question concerning "The Chicken Or The Egg" (second post from the top)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

How do I know what the truth is? A rigorous process of information vetting, strict standards for acceptable evidence, a desire to explore all sides of an issue thoroughly before making a judgement, and most important of all the ability to admit that I may be wrong about my thinking at any given time.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I dont want anyone to be jealous of me when i say that i heard the voice of god, or that isis came to me.

you need to have a real gut-level need for divine intervention or for supernatural miracles to happen for you.

im not stupid enough to say god doesnt exist, but im not smart enough to say he does either.

as in i cant prove the existence of these forces to anyone but myself, and thanks all for derailing my thread, the questions asked had nothing to do with your answers.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How do I know what the truth is? A rigorous process of information vetting, strict standards for acceptable evidence, a desire to explore all sides of an issue thoroughly before making a judgement, and most important of all the ability to admit that I may be wrong about my thinking at any given time.

this is an answer that i find acceptable, good post i gave u a star.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If I was the alpha and omega I wouldn't give a rat's ass to be worshipped. I wouldn't have self esteem issues and power issues.

I'm pretty sure many entities have fooled us, lied to us, claimed to be gods and then abused of us and fed from our attention/energy. If they would want our energy so much, it would mean that they themselves, without us would be weak.

I know my soul is worth a lot more to me than to give in to a false god. It seems immensely crystal clear to me that gods that would like and ask to be worshied would be false gods.
edit on 23-12-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I dont want anyone to be jealous of me when i say that i heard the voice of god, or that isis came to me.

You mean, you heard an entity claiming that it was a god called Isis.

The chances of you communitating with a demonic entity is thenfold the chances of communitating with a real god. Be very very careful and don't do anything that's against your values.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

To quote your OP: " it is so hard to drop the idea of the bible when you have no other way of understanding your own existence, but if i pray and ask for jesus and god to assist me nothing happens... but instead i am comforted by and communicate with an entity that claims to be the egyptain god Isis."

If you are praying to a god, you're worshiping a god.

Worship Definition: show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites. "the Maya built jungle pyramids to worship their gods" synonyms: revere, reverence, venerate, pay homage to, honor, adore, praise, pray to, glorify, exalt, extol

It seems evident, from your OP, that you indeed had worshiped a god (if not several). I would say that WakeUpBeer's comment is a legitimate one.

Why is that obvious? And how does anything like that 'create itself'. In order for it to create something, it would already have to exist. The logic is flawed.

Also, we do actually know what came first in the question concerning "The Chicken Or The Egg" (second post from the top)

prayer is not worship.
prayer is communication and worship is accepting something as better than yourself.

This thread goes on about the creation, and sacred geometry. it combines right brain and left brain ways of thinking.
please watch the video fully linked via youtube in the thread.
The Sacred Geometry of Creation

it goes on about how you created yourself from your fathers sperm and your mothers egg.
thats the secret of the creation.

it may help everyone understand the whole chicken and the egg scenario i brought up.

and on a side note the whole isis thing.

she told me she was mary Magdalene; she is with me 24/7 in spirit and ive been in a relationship with a supernatural force for like ... 4 years now. I Love this entity so much its the only thing that calms me down when im feeling bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

You mean, you heard an entity claiming that it was a god called Isis.

The chances of you communitating with a demonic entity is thenfold the chances of communitating with a real god. Be very very careful and don't do anything that's against your values.

i led MYSELF astray and isis got pissed at me and yelled at me, she said she would never let me deathf*ck things when i was going through a hard time with good and evil.

the only reason i even wanted to was because i had faced death and i knew what happened when people die.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

'Jealous' would certainly not be the word I would use to describe my views on that particular claimed event.

im not stupid enough to say god doesnt exist, but im not smart enough to say he does either.

You just stated that Isis 'came to you'. So, you are saying 'he' does exist. Isis is a female by the way.

Atheists aren't necessarily saying "god doesn't exist" as a direct statement. Rather, most say 'there is not evidence of any gods, and we can see how things have formed naturally, thus there is no reason to believe that gods exist'; which is a perfectly reasonable conclusion to come to.

as in i cant prove the existence of these forces to anyone but myself

In which case, you have no proof at all. Personal perspective is one of the least accurate sources of deciphering what is valid information. An claim about an observation only gains validity once it's continuously tested through a variety of different methods, from a varying number of perspectives, and through cross referencing external information that confirms the initial claim, and even then the validity of the claim is not going to be 100% (but, it certainly could be close).

The main issue I see over and over again with individuals who feel 'something' is absolutely 'real' or 'proof', simply are misunderstanding what constitutes as empirical evidence in the first place.

and thanks all for derailing my thread, the questions asked had nothing to do with your answers.

I'm not quite sure how we've derailed your thread. This information all concerns the issues you had in your OP.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
how about this ill just make my point across.
ill tell you what i learned when i died.

you are god, or im already dead.

if im wrong then may god strike me down.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

prayer is not worship.
prayer is communication and worship is accepting something as better than yourself.

Not according to the English Dictionary. According to it, the two terms are synonymous. Even within Christianity many denominations (such as many Protestants) consider prayer to be worship, and objections to praying to saints for that very reason. Yet, here's a Christian website that views prayer as a form of worship..

This thread goes on about the creation, and sacred geometry. it combines right brain and left brain ways of thinking.
please watch the video fully linked via youtube in the thread.

I'm about to go to sleep, but I'll make sure to view it when I wake up, and respond

it goes on about how you created yourself from your fathers sperm and your mothers egg.
thats the secret of the creation.

I created myself? This video should be interesting to say the least.

it may help everyone understand the whole chicken and the egg scenario i brought up.

I've already answered that.

and on a side note the whole isis thing. she told me she was mary Magdalene; she is with me 24/7 in spirit and ive been in a relationship with a supernatural force for like ... 4 years now. I Love this entity so much its the only thing that calms me down when im feeling bad.

So, you've audibly heard and visually seen this entity?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

how about this ill just make my point across.
ill tell you what i learned when i died.

you are god, or im already dead.

if im wrong then may god strike me down.

When you died? I'm not quite sure I'm following

Also, this is a very poor example. I could interchange the 'you are god, or im already dead' with anything and the answer would be the same thing every time. It's impossible not to be correct about anything with this challenge.

the only reason i even wanted to was because i had faced death and i knew what happened when people die.

I too have 'faced death'. My heart has stopped 3 times during the course of my life, each with different time limits on how long I was 'out' for. During all 3 events, all that I ever experienced was a time slip. That is, everything went black, then I came to several minutes later, and that's it.

So if 'facing death' is an instant-knowledge-access for finding out what happens when people die, then we cannot possibly both be correct. We do know, however, that in extremely traumatic events, and even when hearts stop, that the brain can release specific chemicals which can give off a very spiritual/hallucinogenic experience. We can replicate this effect through various lab tests and have verified it's existence, and even create specific feelings/experiences.

Does this not lead to the conclusion that such an experience is likely caused by this perfectly natural phenomenon?
edit on 23/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

how do you know what the truth is?

Everything exists!
'Thoughts' exist.
Thus 'unicorns', the content of 'thought' exists!

Since everything exists, since existence is ALL inclusive, so must be Reality!
Reality is predicated on that which exists!
Thus Reality is ALL inclusive!

Since Reality is ALL inclusive, and Truth is predicated on Reality, Truth is, thus ALL inclusive!

There is One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

Schizophrenia is the fragmentation of that which is One!
'Thought/imagination' is the duality that gives the (schizophrenic to believe) appearance of duality in the Universe.
Believing your thoughts is insanity!

The whole 'true or false' nonsense is Aristotle's toxic infection of Western thought until now!
Truth integrates/incorporates both the 'apparently true' and the apparently (conditional) 'false'.

"All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense." -Robert Anton Wilson

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics

"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." - Alfred North Whitehead

"You don't need to take drugs to hallucinate; improper language can fill your world with phantoms and spooks of many kinds."
-Robert A. Wilson

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Actually, you pretty much have said as much:

Because i cant find anything better in existence to do than to serve god or a god, whatever the truth is.

Last I checked gods required worship of one form or another.

Also, I am not a teenager.

edit on 12-23-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You want to know why the concept of God is bull#? Because no matter who the hell you talk to, no matter what religion, or what god.. it is all 100% personal. Religion is just a construct of common themes. I will not deny in many aspects religion or faith in this deity or that deity can be a "good thing". I really only view that "good thing" as an alternative for otherwise #ed up people. The most devout people I know have this or that problem in their lives that they can't even begin to overcome without the belief in some bull#. The mere fact that there is no definitive, exact, agreed upon across the board of who or what God, or gods, is should tell you something. Take control of your own life man. Don't waste it on fiction. Be more observant. Look at what religious people actually do. They say # is in God's hands and blah blah blah.. But it really comes down to them. ALWAYS. It is ALWAYS them and their decisions etc. They just attribute things to a God, that's it. Study religion and you will always find the roots of it are with man. Think the God of Abraham is legit? Well before Yahweh belonged to the Hebrews, he belonged to the Canaanites. As part of a pantheon of Gods. The Bible got at least one thing right. There is nothing new under the sun. This God, that God, no Gods. All man has ever served and will ever serve, is himself. Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss.

A wise woman said "Don't Believe Everything you Think"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join