It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? - NPR Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Do the Muslims do the work of Abraham?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You're right! Don't search for knowledge. But seek wisdom.
They're not the same.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

There is just the one "God". The various religions have chosen to try to make that one God their own, but it's all the same God.

You couldn't be more wrong. Monotheism is a fairly recent phenomena, enforced by the sword of the State. The false god the demiurge Jehovah tries to hold onto power....

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The term comes from the Qur’an and the whole purpose behind it is to undermine Christianity.

Whilst attacking Islam I notice you conveniently overlook the Mithraic influences on Christianity. You do this in most of your posts; not very analytical of you.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

The son's of Abraham are many. As God promised. .. God didn't lie. Isaac and Ishmeal...are a different story.

No historically, they do not. Abraham failed god, with unbelief, but yet, he was "chosen"? Which, in unbelief produced, Ishmael. ..

Which created them "Muslims". It's all "documented" in the "fairytale" bible, before it ever happened. That "our educated" can not comprehend.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The name Jesus means "Jehovah is Salvation". Or if you prefer a different translation you can say Yeshuah means "Yahweh is Salvation"

If Islam believes Jesus is a prophet, why is not the name Jehovah or Yahweh recognized as the one who provides salvation? Why is God referred to as Allah, which means "Powerful one" rather than his true name?

Why does Christendom, Islam, and Judaism not recognize or use God's name?

To answer why mainstream religion avoids use of God's name is to find the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I question your understanding of "recent". Recent to who? You? In your limited lifespan?...

God doesn't need to "try" to hold on to anything. I think you error in understanding.
Not just understanding, but knowledge. You didn't/don't come across, qualified to even make that/your comment....but yet? You did! How pleasant for you.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

your god of the Old Testament lied many times; beginning in the Garden of Eden.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

and thats because of the Armies used to enforce it in the middle ages. Since the internet its not so easy to keep people stupid anymore

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Just your limited ability to understand.

i thought Yahweh gave his followers wisdom.

Always judge an entity by the fruits that spew off its fork tongue.

Both Yahweh and Lucifer will get judged by the humans that they have massacred since they both transformed the perfect Day 6 into a living hell on earth.

When Revelation 16:10 goes live, where the evil Annunaki turn the sky black, billions of people will not even survive for a single day let alone the 7 Year Tribulation.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

You're thinking as a man/woman a creation. The angel told marry what his "name" will/would be. .."and you shall name him..thus". He wasn't asking. It was an order!

I'm completely baffled by this lack of understanding on your part. There was a reason Marry was picked/chosen.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

God has never felt the need to hide from us. But we have always hid from him. Through "religions". Adam said, " I hid from you because I was naked" and god asked, "How did you know, you were naked"? Is it because you ate of the tree, I told you not to eat?"

You conveniently skip the glaring inconsistency that the omniscient pretender jehovah couldnt see or hear adam

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Really? You tell me? My "god" is the same today, yesterday and always.
Were did he lie? Back your mouth and mind up.
I'll wait.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You're thinking as a man/woman a creation. The angel told marry what his "name" will/would be. .."and you shall name him..thus". He wasn't asking. It was an order!

I'm completely baffled by this lack of understanding on your part. There was a reason Marry was picked/chosen.

What the? God asked Mary to name his son Jesus. Jesus was his earthly name while Michael is his heavenly name. Michael means "who is like God", and he is depicted in the book of Daniel and Revelation as conquering Satan and delivering his people.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Or? You fail to see/ believe he could.
And he had to suffer for our "ignorance"?
It wasn't about him. It was about us.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Emmanuel. Jeshua. Joshua.

YHVH + Shin (spirit) = Yeshua. Father + Holy spirit = Son.

YH+Sh+HV = Yeshua.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We should just draw pictures of Mohammed and pictures of Jesus and compare the two.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Asked? Apparently you don't understand orders. Gabriel didn't "ask" Marry. He "TOLD" Marry. "..and you SHALL name him Jesus". .. It's not rocket science, but simple instruction.
God didn't do it to prove he was god. He already knew that. He did it to reconcile man/woman.

You're blinded by your willing ignorance. To agrue, grasp at straws for a "educated guess".
In hope, you'll outlawyer the judge of creation.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only them idiot's would be offended by it. You're right! Maybe, we should? A Capital idea! Maybe you'll actually have to be a "cowboy" and stand for something?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Asked? Apparently you don't understand orders. Gabriel didn't "ask" Marry. He "TOLD" Marry. "..and you SHALL name him Jesus". .. It's not rocket science, but simple instruction.
God didn't do it to prove he was god. He already knew that. He did it to reconcile man/woman.

You're blinded by your willing ignorance. To agrue, grasp at straws for a "educated guess".
In hope, you'll outlawyer the judge of creation.

Apparently we have a different viewpoint. If God tells (or asks) you to do something, would you not do that? If you don't believe in God, well the same thing can be said of the news media. Do you believe everything you hear? Naive is the person who believes what they are told without breaking things down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join