It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee Shop Opens Its Doors Every Night To Stray Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A cafe on a Greek island is opening its doors each evening to let stray dogs from the local town shelter from the cold.

The cafe in Mytilene, the island's main port and capital city, closes to customers at 3 each morning, and in turn opens its doors to dogs to sleep in the warmth.

In the city there are many dogs. When the bar closes each night, the dogs come and sleep here. We don't have a problem. From July, every night there is a dog on the couch.

Customers have no problems. It is a bit of a thing now - lots of people come with their cell phones.

source

source2

Greece has strict laws about animal protection, but culture and knowledge are the key factors for changing long standing indifference, negligence or maltreatment.

More than 700.000 refugees from Syria and other Middle East countries have entered Europe from this island this year and solidarity towards humans and animals was remarkable..

facebook source

When the heart speaks louder than the usual "common sense" miracles can happen
edit on 22/12/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Very cool.

But here in the US, something tells me that Daddy Government and its health inspectors would not allow something like this to happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

aWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How cute!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That is just awesome! I would get them flea collars and feed them as long as I could afford to. I'd also leave their pics on a wall and say they are up for adoption.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'd also leave their pics on a wall and say they are up for adoption.

You could do an adoption event there.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I understand.. With the right heart and mindset maybe something could be done, just to unburden this little fellows in the winter and "escape" some kind/type of inspections.

Nevertheless, thank you for your input.
I hope this kind and true humane example could be "copied" around the world, specially in this time of the year..

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Awww how cute.

Look at all the money they are making through this, awww.

To be honest, I dont think they really gives a damn. This is just a good way to get free commercial.

Just like how Miley Cyrus did, when does people wake up from this AD world????

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst
I don't believe in that theory... I think it's totally the opposite.

In this awful world where money, greed, power and evil seems to prevail (at least in MSM reports/propaganda) when someone remembers to do or have a genuine act of kindness towards the defenseless, it generates hope and brightness like a star in the night!

After that, then, it will follow the old greedy and evil people/stuff that normally goes... IMO

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: ypperst
I don't believe in that theory... I think it's totally the opposite.

In this awful world where money, greed, power and evil seems to prevail (at least in MSM reports/propaganda) when someone remembers to do or have a genuine act of kindness towards the defenseless, it generates hope and brightness like a star in the night!

After that, then, it will follow the old greedy and evil people/stuff that normally goes... IMO

So you are to tell me that these dogs havent been out there on the streets for a long time? They have always been outside, they are survivers. Not some human kids that dont know how to survive. There is still countless of dogs who is on the streets, and now they take a few inside. Why not build something that can house these dogs? Then I would say they care about them, but nah.

The world is about ad's, nothing else. Money money money, that whats ATS tells me, right?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Stray dogs are a real issue in Greece. In Athens, especially, they hang out everywhere and can be very aggressive. It isn't really "pretty" or "cute." It's a problem that no one is dealing with. One day I saw a rather large dog try to take down a vagrant in the streets. The guy was fighting the dog as the dog had a hold of his clothing. One of our guys went over and tried to shoo the dog away, but didn't have much luck and the Greeks just walked on by and ignored the whole scene.

On the funny side the dogs know the Greeks don't like them all that much and they will stick with tour groups. I was at the Parthenon with a bunch of students with one of "our" dogs and the dog was protecting us from Greek workers patching together the Parthenon. He would growl at them and come back to us for reassurance, then go growl at them some more. All our students did was give those dogs a little love. I remember one dog, a big yellow one, would wait for us to exit the hotel we were staying at and follow us around all day for about a week. I've got a picture of this somewhere here I'll add if I can find it. I was there twice for about three weeks each time.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
That is just awesome! I would get them flea collars and feed them as long as I could afford to. I'd also leave their pics on a wall and say they are up for adoption.

Why you always have to be so sweet ?

OMG !

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Wow, why are there so many stray dogs there in the first place? Where I am, there are none, though there are stray cats..

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This just screams internet hoax to me.

Do the dogs all walk in and space themselves evenly apart and fall blissfully to sleep like it's a Disney movie?

At this spot, according to the sources, people often bring their cell phone cameras, but only one photo is spread across every source.

How do you keep stray dogs from using the bathroom everywhere?

How do you keep them from knocking over the garbage cans and getting at the food?

We are talking about wild dogs here.

If it is true I wouldn't want to eat there.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Do the dogs all walk in and space themselves evenly apart and fall blissfully to sleep like it's a Disney movie?

Pretty much, yes. Dogs form packs quite readily. They are more orderly than perhaps you realize.

How do you keep stray dogs from using the bathroom everywhere?

Dogs don't foul their own nests.

How do you keep them from knocking over the garbage cans and getting at the food?

You have an interesting concept of how a restaurant is run.

We are talking about wild dogs here.

No, we're not. They are city dwellers, around humans all the time.

If it is true I wouldn't want to eat there.

Greece is not for the faint of heart. Don't go there. You'd starve.

top topics

join