It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Theories (Warning: Spoilers if you haven't seen the new film)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Just throwing this in that BB-8 is my fave now I think she (I got the impression BB is a she) is better then R2..If I could have a R2 unit or a BB unit.....BB.
I know sacrilege lol
Oh and for a theory I dunno BB-8 was Kylo's droid.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

My guess is the next movie will be a parallel to Empire...with Luke reteaching Rey, while Han, Leia, Poe, and Finn eventually meet up with Lando (who knowingly or unknowingly, puts them in a bind with Snokes). (basically, Rey is the new Luke, and Finn is the new Leia, Poe is the new Han). Like in Empire, something happens where Rey must leave (though this time, I think Luke (Yoda) will come with)...to save her friends.

So, what do YOU think?

Your guess is sorta wrong as Han wont be doing much of anything...

I feel that Luke is Rey's Father

Hence Luke's look of recognition, fear, love and so much more that neither Lea or Han had.

He could not control his emotions of having a child, of being in Love and it led to failing his nephew. Hmm maybe throw in there something about Han and this woman and that explains Ben's hatred, the reason Leia and Han split...

Training family was mentioned in episode 1 about why they train children at a young age and why Jedi are not supposed to have familial bonds...again another Luke failure and why he sought exile

Here is something else to think about Luke went after the princess (before he knew the icky truth) Love of the heart and wanting to be with a woman is his failings just like his Father...

The reason he had no lines is it was all expression of a father to a daughter...

Search your feelings you know this to be true...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Your guess is sorta wrong as Han wont be doing much of anything...

LOL, yep, meant to exclude him there....hehe...

We all knew going into this that Harrison Ford wanted to kill Han back in Empire, so this really shouldn't have been a shocker.

Rey being Luke's kid is definitely the alternate strong theory, but I just can't see Luke hooking up like that given the narrative of his actions post-Jedi in the film. Anything is possible though. Hard to see him not keeping her near to train though, Ben's fall or not.

I don't think Snoke is Darth Plagueis, Palpatine related how he killed his master (and the rule of two supports it).
edit on 22-12-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Here this might help you come to this side of the force...

www.bustle.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Why did the Solo hide her though? Ben would only be slightly older than her so likely would not have turned yet.

I think Snoke is Darth Plageruis.

It was stated he had the power to create life and cheat death.

I think Anakin was his first creation. Rey is his second, hence why without training she was so strong in the force.

I like these. I was thinking that Rey is either Luke's daughter or she was created the same way that Anakin was. I really don't think she is Han and Leia's daughter. It's always been that some are just stronger in the force than others... Obi-Wan wasn't very strong with his powers but very disciplined. Anakin shook a planet but his lack of discipline and control over his emotions is what landed him in the lava to begin with. Luke has both power and discipline.

I don't have much of a theory about Finn yet he may not have ties to anyone.

I also think Snoke is Plagueis.

Kylo Ren was definitely whiny and as he said, still drawn to the light side. I guess that's why Snoke wanted him to kill Han before he would complete his training. I think Darth whatever his sith lord name is going to be, will be much darker than Vader ever was.

I can't wait wait for 8!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I think Luke will turn to the dark side and have a "I am your father" moment with Rey. I mean the force awakens is so much like A New Hope they might as well copy Empire Strikes Back for episode 8.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Rey is Lukes daughter.

When she was over the bed of Finn.

That chin shot was the the spitting image of young Luke.

Guess we have to wait until the next two to see what is what.
edit on 22-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am leaning towards Finn is Lando's kid.

It really doesn't make sense that Han and Lea would abandon one of their kids if Rey was.

Luke on the other hand. After Kylos turn would hide her from him.

Rey was found on a desert planet much like how Luke was left.

Without any training what so ever she opened up a can of whoop arse on Kylo.

Offspring of two Jedi as opposed to Kylo with 1 Lea, and 1 mere Han.

Hell it's even odds.

50/50
edit on 22-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes I m with all your theories too.. I did a bit of research on the web last night and the pattern between Luke's life and rey is very similar and when she has the flashback after touching the light sabre you get to see the lineage and connections to it. The whole using the force to get the light sabre from the snow like Luke did in empire was no coincidence either. R2d2 only starts to return to his bleepy self once rey is there

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
By the way anyone else think Supreme comander Snooke looked like Gollum and Lord Voldermout had a love child then tried to kill it with a axe?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Here this might help you come to this side of the force..

I won't argue with Rey being the Luke of the new series, and all of those points show this, I just think she's still Han and Leia's kid as far as parentage. I think that Kylo Ren is going to reveal he is her brother, during a duel in the next film.

She is STILL a Skywalker....since Leia would be her mom, so Luke would be her uncle.

JJ did a good job of bolstering both of the inevitable fan theories, to ensure that we'd be shocked in the next film.

Ever read about the theory that Yoda was dead the whole time he was tutoring Luke? I don't buy into it, but it is an interesting one, kind of like the Jar Jar is a Sith Lord theory, LOL.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

She is STILL a Skywalker....since Leia would be her mom, so Luke would be her uncle.

Maybe Luke and Leia are both Reys Parents

edit on 23-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

"I am your (insert relative here)" all over again.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

IF Rey does turn out to be a Solo that's pretty bad writing on JJ's part.

Neither Han or Lea recognized their own daughter!

Sure one can excuse Han, but Lea she could use to the force although to what level we never found out.

It will be basically the same story just with new characters.

I think they hedged their bets in this one to keep people guessing.
edit on 23-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

IF Rey does turn out to be a Solo that's pretty bad wiring on JJ's part.

Neither Han or Lea recognized their own daughter!

Sure one can excuse Han, but Lea she could use to the force although to what level we never found out.

It will be basically the same story just with new characters.

I think they hedged their bets in this one to keep people guessing.

Im also hoping Mara jade plays a pivotal role at some point. Palpatines right hand mercenary turned Jedi Master who is struggling to accept her sins while finding her niche in the galaxy. Perhaps Mara jade is rey's mother, which would make luke her father. But I suspect Disney can't resist the cliche yin yang of comparing sith brother to Jedi sister. Like snake eyes vs storm shadow.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

But I suspect Disney can't resist the cliche yin yang of comparing sith brother to Jedi sister.

I am sure that's the way they will play it.

Which is pretty much the same as father against son.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I can hear it now!

Heavy breathing.

Dun dun ta dun.' Rey I am your brother' !

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

that's pretty bad writing on JJ's part.

Pretty much like the entire film then. Hence why there are so many speculations and theories about the film because hardly anything was explained and there was very little depth or character development.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

They made it worse when they cut to Lea and showing her 'feeling' Han had died.

There was some kind of 'recognition' between Lea and Rey.

As mother or auntie though.

edit on 23-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's a really good start of the trilogy imo. I also like that Chewwy
is much more present and participating in the scenes and not just
standing there.
Han and Leia family was possibly thorn apart because Leia had a daughter
but there was no father.
Fearing of what happened with a birth without a father last time,
she was kept away from the ways of the force.

I also like to add that i prefer star wars universe than star trek.
I hate rules and regulations.
edit on 23-12-2015 by SSimon because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2015 by SSimon because: i have four thumbs

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join