It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SeaWorld killer whale dies at San Antonio park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

An 18-year-old killer whale has died after a months-long illness at the SeaWorld park in San Antonio.

Unna, a 4,600-pound orca, died Monday.

"We are saddened to share the passing of Unna," SeaWorld said. "Unna had been under the constant care of the SeaWorld veterinary team and outside experts for the past several months."

She suffered from a resistant strain of a fungus called Candida.

www.cnn.com...

At least now you are free of the hell hole known as SeaWorld.

Unna is the third whale to die at the Texas Sea World in six months, according to My San Antonio.
In November a two-year-old beluga named Stella died because of gastrointestinal problems and in July a baby beluga died after being born prematurely.

www.mysanantonio.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Awwwwwwwwwww. that is sad; albeit she did have the best treatment available, but....She suffered from a resistant strain of a fungus called Candida???

Definition-Candida; any of the yeastlike fungi constituting the genus Candida, members of which may cause athlete's foot, vaginitis, thrush, or other infections.

WT#??????

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

"We are saddened to share the passing of Unna," SeaWorld said.

Boo hoo, cry me some crocodile tears Seaworld. Such a lo$$.

These whales begin dying the day they bring them there and are only kept alive through antibiotics and medical response to increasing debilitating health conditions.

They know this is the eventual result. So sad to keep animals in cages for profit.

Guardian article
edit on 22-12-2015 by intrptr because: link

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Even children know something is wrong.

"Mommy why is his fin folded over?"

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I personally seen this whale at the San Antonio Sea World. I thought the park was pretty cool. The whale show was neat but not worth the anguish the poor animals must endure. Even as a child yes I knew that there was something amiss and these shows arnt right. I'd rather see a whale swimming free any day.

I don't care for zoo's either.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

When I was little I used to go to these shows. I though they let the whales go at the end of the day. Then I a saw the "holding tanks" they keep them in. They are smaller than the show tank. Barely enough room to turn around in, waiting all day to perform show after show. Like living in a bathtub. Part of the conditioning, making them eager to perform and get out of their prison cell holding tank.

aerial view of typical show venue

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It's way past time to outlaw the imprisonment of these creatures.

Agree with OP, at least the whale is free from it's life of slavery and abuse.

ETA please watch 'Blackfish' if you haven't.
edit on 22-12-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Needs to close down and made illegal to keep these animals.
Why do you think they eat the odd trainer? they are mentally ill from being caged and ill all the time.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Can we get the owners to do tricks for their food also?.
Dance!! dance dance!!.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

they keep dying,,,,someone got info through the freedom of information act...in some areas where it was hot and sunny the whales get sunburned and they would put black zinc oxide on them...at least one whale died from brain inflamation they figured out the whales were infected when they were being bitten by mosquitos

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
as long as people keep handing over the dollars these magnificent creatures
will continue to be exploited the answer is simple educate the public that there is nothing
cool about watching them splash round a glorified fish tank.
no matter how nice the conditions we provide for them it is not even slightly comparable
to their natural environment and will always have a sad end.

top topics

join