It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Egophrenia and America's Collective Psychosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I came across this study on George Dubya & America's condition. He's a Projector - not a Protector!
Interesting...

THE MADNESS OF GEORGE W. BUSH:

A REFLECTION OF OUR COLLECTIVE PSYCHOSIS

by Paul Levy

Click here to download a PDF version of this article.

One good thing I can say about President Bush is that he's gotten me interested in politics. Before he came to office, I was mainly interested in spiritual matters, and considered politics a "distraction." There was something playing out through George W. Bush as president, though, that not only caught my attention but strongly triggered something in me. In his campaign he promised us a foreign policy with humility, yet his actions seemed so arrogant, so full of hubris. I sensed a deep underlying incongruity, as if some unfinished psychological process was unconsciously enacting itself through him. The problem with this was that because of his position as president, his unconscious was playing itself out and being dramatized on the world stage, where it was negatively affecting the lives of billions of people. I saw that he was unwittingly evoking and literally creating more of the very situation that he was claiming to be fighting against. It is as if he is fighting against his own shadow, which is a battle that can never be won. There seems to be an element of craziness in it.

I would like to speak the marginalized voice. This voice can no longer be kept silent, as it is being emboldened by the endless destruction that the Bush Administration is causing. It is as if there is an elephant in the living room, and more and more people are pointing at it. The emperor has no clothes, and people are noticing. Situations like this, where someone's unconscious actions are causing great harm to others, literally demand to be named. There is a field of fear and cover-up that gets constellated around someone like George Bush that inhibits people from speaking the truth. This is analogous to how people were afraid to disagree with Bush after 9/11 for fear of being called terrorists. "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists."

The truth now needs to be uttered. George W. Bush is ill. He has a psycho-spiritual dis-ease of the soul, a sickness that is endemic to our culture and symptomatic of the times we live in. It�s an illness that has been with us since time immemorial. Because it�s an illness that's in the soul of all of humanity, it pervades the field and is in all of us in potential at any moment, which makes it especially hard to diagnose. Bush's malady is quite different from schizophrenia, for example, in which all the different parts of the personality are fragmented and not connected to each other, resulting in a state of internal chaos. As compared to the dis-order of the schizophrenic, Bush can sound quite coherent and can appear like such a "regular," normal guy, which makes the syndrome he is suffering from very hard to recognize. This is because the healthy parts of his personality have been co-opted by the pathological aspect, which drafts them into its service. Because of the way the personality self-organizes an outer display of coherence around a pathogenic core, I would like to name Bush's illness "malignant egophrenic (as compared to schizophrenic) disorder," or "ME disorder," for short. If ME disorder goes unrecognized and is not contained, it can be very destructive, particularly if the person is in a position of power.
www.awakeninthedream.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Isn't that the affliction of most tyrants in the the world, but is something that bush lacks that most had, they were smart enough to do it all on their own.

For some reason I feel that Bush is not acting by himself to me he is just the front and the real power is hiding behind.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I believe he thinks he's in charge.. Anyone with an iota of common sense, tho, knows it's Cheney and Rumsfeld running the show. I doubt they'd tell Dubya much of anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You just learned a new word and had to use it didnt you

Egophrenia

I think the article is pretty much on the mark. This pretty much sums it up.

The problem with this was that because of his position as president, his unconscious was playing itself out and being dramatized on the world stage, where it was negatively affecting the lives of billions of people. I saw that he was unwittingly evoking and literally creating more of the very situation that he was claiming to be fighting against.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It also discussed how similar Bush's outlook (projection) is to Osama bin Laden's. They're two demented peas in a pod.

And yes, dammit! I found a new word and I wanted to use it!
So there!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"Madmen" as leaders have in the past exhibited grandiose long-term plans. "The thousand-year Reich." But then again, we had "Manifest Destiny."

Dreams of decades-long plans which will come to fruition and bring us greatness.

Our press and Senate are always pleased when discussions of fiscal policy and costs are discussed as "100 billion over the next 10 years." It lends gravitas and it's easily used as some routine cheap trick. It's actually just a pundit able to multiply by 10.

In 1927 Stalin wooed with the suggestion of "sanity" in proposing mere 5-year plans, which surely the pseudo-wise sagely agreed was more sensible. And sane.

What was really inside Stalin? Caesar, Alexander, Ghengis Khan. Hitler, Mao. What person tries to seize on the future and manipulate it by what he does in the present? He will die before that 1000 year future even approaches.

God or legacy.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noumenon
What was really inside Stalin? Caesar, Alexander, Ghengis Khan. Hitler, Mao. What person tries to seize on the future and manipulate it by what he does in the present? He will die before that 1000 year future even approaches.

God or legacy.

You forgot Pol Pot and Pinochet!

I would say they were ate up with pride. And delusions of grandeur.

top topics

join