It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange anomalies by the Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hahahaha!

Aw, come on boys, cut an old bird some slack here. I didn't even venture into the realm of the phantasmagoric in this thread! I guess I left a cult impression of ignoble renown with my vacancy.

But, in all seriousness. You got to admit, the anomalies registering in the violet spectrum in the photos is highly irregular, if not flat out Rara Avis? Let's put defiance aside.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Trifecta, I don't care what they say I believe you.

On a serious note, you might be the funniest poster to grace ats in a while and sometimes I look your name up to see what kind of crazy things you are saying, a few times I've nearly fell over laughing and also your engagements with phage are always halarious. Anyway I just wanted to say, in a endearing way yes I think you might be a bit off the deep end however you are halarious and provide hours of entertainment on that alone I appreciate your being on ATS. I told you to make another thread about that app but you never did I was looking forward to it, anyway cheers take it easy man.

edit on 22-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

But, in all seriousness. You got to admit, the anomalies registering in the violet spectrum in the photos is highly irregular, if not flat out Rara Avis?

In what way are they irregular? I see three photos which all look similar, except for the lens flare which would vary with the position of the camera.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Trifecta, I don't care what they say I believe you.

On a serious note, you might be the funniest poster to grace ats in a while and sometimes I look your name up to see what kind of crazy things you are saying, a few times I've nearly fell over laughing and also your engagements with phage are always halarious. Anyway I just wanted to say, in a endearing way yes I think you might be a bit off the deep end however you are halarious and provide hours of entertainment on that alone I appreciate your being on ATS. I told you to make another thread about that app but you never did I was looking forward to it, anyway cheers take it easy man.

You made my day
I'll be following up on that new thread now that me and Cthulhu are talking again, lol

PS Digging the new doo, very bird of prey

Cheers bud.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
is that an actual thermal imager or a software simulation? if the former, lucky you! wish i had such tech

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

But, in all seriousness. You got to admit, the anomalies registering in the violet spectrum in the photos is highly irregular, if not flat out Rara Avis?

In what way are they irregular? I see three photos which all look similar, except for the lens flare which would vary with the position of the camera.

Nothing AT ALL strange about that string of cloud densities forming similar silhouettes in all the photos including the regular, non thermal? Or do contrails and atmospheric conditions makes those normally? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Nothing at all strange about it.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
was that really thermal imaging or a color filter?

here is your first photo using "pseudo color"

edit on 22-12-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Cirrus clouds are present so it looks like a premature sundog from all of the ice crystals (assuming its cold where you're at) in the atmosphere. Best I've got for you from my view

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
was that really thermal imaging or a color filter?

here is your first photo using "pseudo color"

Predator vision.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
You guys gotta break my chops.....

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Hey brother, I took a photo and I think I've captured some " astral entities", I was hoping I could get you to weigh in.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Can you post a pic of you holding it giving the thumbs up?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Probably not the right thread for this stuff per se. What did you originally photograph? PM me.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Nice! What model is that?

ETA: Ok, I didn't think you'd answer but at least I tried.

Have a look at an FLIR image of the Sun near the bottom of this page www.robotroom.com...

Why is your Sun blue? I'm curious like that.
edit on 22-12-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Why is your Sun blue? I'm curious like that.

It may have more to do with color intensities then heat variations. I don't know enough to comment...maybe in a few minutes...if I motivate.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I was wondering if anybody had any feedback on some stages the sky and Sun went through that I captured on thermal imaging. I'm curious to what kind of lens flare this can be.

I know very little about thermal imaging but this has been bugging me.
I was able to recreate the effect in your first image a little better using this using a custom palette of red, blue and yellow:

Looking at the images in the link provided by Mr. Obfuscation here, you do see some major differences in what the thermal images there look like compared to yours.

in this example which is not much different than your photo

the thermal image produced by the same camera you referenced looks like this

using the same "pseudo color" I applied to your first photo, I got this which looks more like your photos...

So none of your photos make any sense as being "thermal images". For instance thermal imaging is colored by the temperature of the object, in your photos, the trees would be the same temperature as the sun in some spots. There is no HUD or any indication that they came from a thermal camera and they don't look like thermal images.

Sorry to bust your chops...

edit on 23-12-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Perhaps if he had access to a FLIR camera like the one in the photo he cut and pasted...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
Perhaps if he had access to a FLIR camera like the one in the photo he cut and pasted...

I might get one now.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

They've got them for iPhones now.

shop.opticsplanet.com... campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=CO-uucfY8skCFYU-aQod80MM9Q
edit on 23-12-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join