It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "Hillary got schlonged in 2008"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

As my husband is fond of noting from where he works where he regularly interacts with PhDs - All it indicates is that you were able to put up with a professor's BS for longer.

It's not the education, it's what you end up doing with it that matters.

Well, as much as I appreciate you sharing your husband's folk-wisdom, I couldn't disagree more. Having a PhD indicates a lot of things: that the person is intelligent, hard-working, focused, and willing to put a great deal of time and effort into pursuing their chosen area of expertise.

Also, it is BOTH the education and what you end up doing with it that matters.

There are some effing useless PhDs running around. It also indicates that you are highly specialized in your line of study and often don't have much breadth of knowledge outside your specific area.

In my experience there are a lot of useless people running around, and those with PhD's tend to be more useful than most.

Also, as to everyone having a degree ... you do realize that when everyone is special, no one is? Ever try to find a job in a college town on the strength of your degree? Yeah. If everyone has a degree, it'll be like that. You are going to have to be pretty elite for other reasons for that piece of paper to mean anything because everyone else has one too.

Having a degree does not make one special or more worthy of employment than anyone else. In this country having a degree means that you either put yourself into some pretty serious debt, or your mommy and daddy foot the bill for you. It also means you put in the time and effort to become certified in a manner of speaking in your chosen area of expertise as knowing something about it. Employers are more likely to hire people with degrees because paying someone to work for you who knows things is usually a better investment than hiring people who don't know things. If everyone was able to get degrees everyone would know more thus making our society better as a whole and lifting us up as a species. Which is what we should be about. Lifting each other up not keeping others below you so you can be "special".

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

And you liked the government under George Bush?

What he did has led to practically all the problems Obama hasn't solved. That should tell you something.

911 and who started all these covert op's and wars but under Bush and the Republicans

I hated Bush. What's your point?

My point is what makes you think a Republican president will do any better with a congress diametrically opposed to them?

A president can do little without a congress on his side.

If Trump does have a GOP congress what do you think he will do?

And if he has a congress opposed, democratic, he won’t do much unless he actually is a moderate

There's a war in the GOP. Cruz as it is would be up against a battle. TRUMP...would be almost completely shut out just to spite him.

And as far as Trump's war policy goes, I can't tell WHAT he is for or against.

He touts General Patton and McCarthur to pander to the Hawks. Then he says we're gonna build a huge great military, more pandering. But then he says "So we don't have to use it"...(covers both bases tactfully)

Then he touts bombing and getting things done by 'whatever means"....but then he says he'll get along with everyone.

Then he says he wants U.S. out of the mess in the ME, but then touts taking action with 'boots on the ground"

The guy is SMART. He Rope-A-Dopes people by covering ALL the bases, until nobody can give a clear answer on WHAT exactly he would do.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
This is the problem with America, people apparently want someone with a nice smile lying to them instead of someone speaking the truth.

People get pissed by what Trump says, well you know what pisses me off?!?

2 decades of constant war and 17 trillion in debt. That's what pisses me off.

And you seriously think Trump would stop that?

lol...the guy sounds like one of the biggest Pre-Emptive war hawks around. Sure he was against the Iraq War, rightfully so, and he was correct on what it's effect would be.

But listen to his rhetoric and tone otherwise.

I don't think Trump is a warmonger myself so yes I do think he would. He's a businessman, he sees exactly what these wars have done to our economy.

His portfolio is full of real-estate, not arms manufacturing stock.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

This is the problem with America, people apparently want someone with a nice smile lying to them instead of someone speaking the truth.

People get pissed by what Trump says, well you know what pisses me off?!?

2 decades of constant war and 17 trillion in debt. That's what pisses me off.

And you seriously think Trump would stop that?

lol...the guy sounds like one of the biggest Pre-Emptive war hawks around. Sure he was against the Iraq War, rightfully so, and he was correct on what it's effect would be.

But listen to his rhetoric and tone otherwise.

I don't think Trump is a warmonger myself so yes I do think he would. He's a businessman, he sees exactly what these wars have done to our economy.

His portfolio is full of real-estate, not arms manufacturing stock.

Then why is he talking about building the 'biggest military ever'...and ranting about how tough and militaristic he is.?

There comes a point when you MUST realize that Trump is telling you SALES JARGON. Nobody to this day knows what Trump is actually GOING to do on any given issue.

He just tells us we'll "love it"...and we'll "win".

It's a sales pitch, and it's getting old.

At least Cruz is specific and up front. He can tell the EXACT tactics and theory behind it.

Trump barely knows Mid East policy and war strategy.
edit on 22-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
The hypocrisy is strong in this thread..

Obama says something they perceive as an insult, and he the worst person alive with absolutely no class.

Trump actually says something disgusting and cheered for it.

Sure is because going around calling people NAZI,Islamophobe,SEXIST are INSULTS.

What only Clinton and her party get to do that ?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So it's old to you, good for you, time to move on.

Maybe Trump knows our military is being used improperly at the moment and has an idea that all of us have been saying for a while? Take the gloves off, finish the damn job and come home. Not mollywop your way around it and hope no one notices the incompetence of the US military of late. Putin has noticed it and knows his time to make moves is now, and that's why he is. He won't push a president that will push back.

I'm sure you are fine with whatever suit shows up January 1 2017, just so long as it isn't Trump right?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

If everyone was able to get degrees everyone would know more thus making our society better as a whole and lifting us up as a species

To expand further on your valid points:

If everyone in society was able to obtain a college degree, knuckle-draggers like Donald Trump wouldn't last 5 minutes in the political ring... that same society would demand someone with a higher caliber intellect.

An educated society is a smarter functioning society.

Unfortunately, it looks like there are far more people who actually fall on the 'other side' of the bell curve.

And thus, individuals like Donald Trump are still alive and kicking as a presidential candidate and potential future representative of the United States of America.

Scary times indeed.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Trump is an asshole

One day you will kiss him.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

You know is a clinical term for women that think themselves eternal virgins," frigid".

If is something I like about Trump is that he doesn't sugar coat anything, he tells it like it is, some times these poster politicians are soo full of crap that they resemble Manchurian candidates, is good to show the site of humanity that we all have without the sugar coating BS, because in real life sugar coating doesn't stick most of the times.

Trump is changing the way politics has been played for decades, taking the BS away from it.

Politicians do not show their true selves, that is why people after voting get deceived by the hidden scandals that they all have, because they are all dirty, corrupted and full of crap and that is the truth.

At least Trump doesn't hid3e that fact.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So it's old to you, good for you, time to move on.

Maybe Trump knows our military is being used improperly at the moment and has an idea that all of us have been saying for a while? Take the gloves off, finish the damn job and come home. Not mollywop your way around it and hope no one notices the incompetence of the US military of late. Putin has noticed it and knows his time to make moves is now, and that's why he is. He won't push a president that will push back.

I'm sure you are fine with whatever suit shows up January 1 2017, just so long as it isn't Trump right?

1) Trump wants PUTIN to do the job.
2) Trump then says WE need to do the job
3) Trump says we shouldn't get mired in another Iraq
4) Then says we need boots on the ground.

Face it...he's a SALESMAN...you yourelf don't even know what Trump would do.

P.S. If Trump is the nominee I'll vote for him...BECAUSE...I won't do another 8 years of the DNC.

So I'm FORCED to vote for the moron loudmouth Trump. What? Like now is the time to vote "Conscience"?

I don't have that luxury.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The sad reality about the U.S. campaigns is we get extremes to 'choose' from.

Bush....an IDIOT who almost tanked the nation single-handed....

Replaced by a lying scumbag fraud of a community activist....

And now the front runner is a loudmouth car salesman carnival barker who has YET to express a detailed policy...

edit on 22-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Every politician does the same double talk, why is it bad for Trump to do it?

Of course he is a salesman, what the hell do you think people running for office do?

Face it, to you it's a personal dislike of Trump.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Bush....an IDIOT who almost tanked the nation single-handed....

He wasn't an idiot before he became president, watch him as Governor of Texas. He put on an 8 year act for America.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well, as much as I appreciate you sharing your husband's folk-wisdom,

Wow, *cat sound* ........

In my experience there are a lot of useless people running around, and those with PhD's tend to be more useful than most.

I removed my prior comment to you, but I should've stood by it. You said you were a college dropout, so how useful are you do you reckon by your own logic? Ok, you make your hubby a mean pancake and ya look good, but I think he can get both things from people that are more....qualified.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Every politician does the same double talk, why is it bad for Trump to do it?

Of course he is a salesman, what the hell do you think people running for office do?

Face it, to you it's a personal dislike of Trump.

Uh oh! The cat's out of the bag....I DON'T LIKE TRUMP

Has that not been obvious Inspector Cluseau?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Quite, it also means your personal dislike will overweigh a rational thought that maybe he IS good for the job.

America, where presidential elections now may be based upon personal like or dislike rather than actual policies.

Hey Canada or Australia, got room for 1 more?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This isn't the first time he used this statement in a speech. He also used it when republicans were beat up in the election and lost control of the house. Seeing as it didn't involve a women then just shows he's consistent and dieant think of her as a women. Let's be honest not many do. Trump thinks hes hip and attempts to do verbing poorly.But it has one advantage it makes sure everyone sees his comments. And as they say it pits the idea out there that she's a loser into everyone sub conscience

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

If everyone in society was able to obtain a college degree, knuckle-draggers like Donald Trump wouldn't last 5 minutes in the political ring... that same society would demand someone with a higher caliber intellect.

An educated society is a smarter functioning society.

Exactly!!! Great post btw. Unfortunately my husband would never have been able to obtain his degree in the United States. While we both come from very modest blue-collar backgrounds, I grew-up in America where your ability to obtain the education you need to really get ahead is based upon your and your family's ability to pay for it, or on your willingness to be crushed under debt. My husband grew-up in Finland and now has his PhD and zero student debt.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Quite, it also means your personal dislike will overweigh a rational thought that maybe he IS good for the job.

America, where presidential elections now may be based upon personal like or dislike rather than actual policies.

Hey Canada or Australia, got room for 1 more?

This isn't only about him PERSONALLY.

He's a vague CLOWN who does nothing but stir emotion. I WAS a Trump supporter. Then I realized he was a carnival barking Evangelist who actually is saying NOTHING.

"My poll numbers are great"
"We're gonna win"
"You'll love it"
"Make America great"
"A big beautiful door in the middle of the border" (WHAT THE FU*****????)
"I'm really rich and smart"
"We gotta end all this stuff"
"We're gonna turn this around"

He's a walking T-Shirt quote.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Here's his immigration plan

There's a start beyond slogans. I happen to agree with his immigration reform 100%.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join