It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackpot-fixing investigation expands to more state lotteries

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

I was comparing a dollar scratch off to a dollar 3 digit, I've yet to see or hear about anyone winning 500 on a dollar scratch off. I've seen people win a 500 dollar three digit prize though. How many of a certain scratch off ticket gets printed anyway?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I would bet that if the state lotteries were run with the same controls and diligence as the Nevada Gaming Commission, people would win a lot more and the states would not be able to manipulate the odds or the payout rules the way they do.

Additionally, all of those payouts advertised are before tax and the states and Fed take them out immediately, and what is left becomes subject to income tax, effectively putting half your money back into their coffers again. The whole system is a scam on the public.

You would be better off putting the $5 or $10 dollars spent a day on them into a bunch of high risk stocks.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: OverYonder

originally posted by: korath
I'll bet those computers can pick a number sequence that wasn't played to keep the jackpot growing,

That is more then possible.
They know a winning ticket has been picked before anyone has turned it in.
For a computer to select numbers that have not been picked before a drawing Is easy as pie.
More people also throw their money at the jackpot the bigger it gets.
As you said it makes the payout smaller.

This happens around all major American holidays.

www.powerball.com...
1.5 billion now.
A record high with a rule change involved.
Seems like a good way to avoid controversy and bump up the free advertising.
It's been all over the news.
I bought some tickets.
Good luck to all
you will need it
so help you God.
Amen

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath
a reply to: Dragoon01

I was comparing a dollar scratch off to a dollar 3 digit, I've yet to see or hear about anyone winning 500 on a dollar scratch off. I've seen people win a 500 dollar three digit prize though. How many of a certain scratch off ticket gets printed anyway?

My company is the largest printer of scratch off tickets in the world and we print 3 Billion per month.
The number of tickets in a specific game is all over the map. We print limited runs with a few hundred thousand but we print longer runs with millions. We do a lot of limited runs for games that are seasonal or specifically for a given theme. For example back in November we printed a hot pepper themed ticket that was scratch an sniff and the whole plant smelled like hot sauce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join