It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Man Allegedly Lived In Army Barracks As Soldier For 8 Months

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Lots of bases scan your CAC so how did he get a fake one? Sounds kinda untrue, but anything is possible I guess.

Yeah, that's the part that makes me wonder. Unless things have radically changed, to get through the front gate they scan your CAC or if you're a civilian, you have to have contractor ID or they run your state/federal ID through an FBI check. Or you can wander in. But you'd think he'd eventually hit some point that they ran his CAC for something.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
let me be UN-PC here... the man used the PC strategy to avoid confrontation by inquiring minds there at Fort Bragg...

from what I can tell the CAC Card is another PC device... where-as presenting an up-to-date-Military ID would have been very tricky to navigate

I had some crazy doings that I never went through with, but could have--- from the things I learned in my 3 years at Intelligence Clerk-typist...stand-by flights, photo IDs were at my disposal...

this Jose' guy was no Stumble-Bum... he is crafty

as far as Bragg being open.... back in '68 I was amazed at Ft. Dix where I was discharged from.... I could have spent a month or a year there (as a civilian) if I had the need to, but I was anxious to get back to NC mountains
edit on nd31145079896622422015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That would be great.
Chatter from those who claim to be 3rd group are saying it is true, as far as I can tell through the ton of comments I went through last night.

But having confirmation from someone here would be even better. (I have trouble believing people on the internet who claim to be this or that....but given the time I've spent here and your posting history, which I'm familiar with, your word carries a bit more weight with me)

Let me know.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Apparently, those scanners aren't being used that much, or not at all. Hard to tell, everyone was saying something a bit different about that. Some said they don't work at Bragg anymore and that they just look at it and let you on in.

Crazy, especially in this current state of affairs.
It's only a matter of time...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'd say the worse and a bit more creepy issues is that CAC. While I'm sure you can fake a working CAC, I'm not sure how Joe Homeless Guy does. If it's just someone's old dead CAC with a photo glued on, there's places it's hard to get around without it being functional.

Yeah, that's what a lot of the conversation was focused on. Still can't tell if it was a fake or on old dead one that he rigged up. Chatter really isn't getting specific about it but I did see a few comments from people (again) claiming to know others who were making fake ones....people that work in that department making them, or whatever.

Like I said, it's only a matter of time.

I think it's less about policy and more about people just not doing their freakin' job and being lazy af.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
...and that they just look at it and let you on in.

Bet heads roll on that one. This won't be pretty, all over the base.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

As they should.

I'm wondering why this guy has already been released from custody as well.
Something about that just isn't sitting well in my stomach for some reason. I don't know why, but it isn't. Not claiming anything, just saying.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

as far as Bragg being open.... back in '68 I was amazed at Ft. Dix where I was discharged from.... I could have spent a month or a year there (as a civilian) if I had the need to, but I was anxious to get back to NC mountains

Today's terrorists are quite internet savvy. They know how to purse the web for data regarding this very type of simple breech...
Like I said twice before and will say it again...it's only a matter of time.

People will seemingly have to die before chances are made that actually make any difference.

Or it's a case of "feign weakness when strong"....I won't rule out that one, but I just don't think that is the case.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This would be a great movie...if instead of being caught NOW the next thing that happened was that the guy gets deployed as a junior charlie into the stans with 3rd and turns out (after a lot of innocence-to-experience learning experiences) to be a top notch operator. THEN gets caught.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Same with Fort Riley. It's the largest Army base in the US. It's mostly wide open.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
it's legit. He said this guy was caught with several weapons, and some drugs. He mentioned that the dorms are filled with people from a few different groups, so it's understandable that this guy wasn't noticed. He said the guy had a fake military ID and was using it to get on base. That to me seems like a bigger issue then him shacking up in the barracks.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He said the guy had a fake military ID and was using it to get on base. That to me seems like a bigger issue then him shacking up in the barracks.

Absolutely. That IS the bigger issue.
Thanks for the confirmation.

To me, the question becomes, how did this guy get released from custody already?

Here in Fairfax county VA we just had a homeless guy arrested for digging a tunnel and living in it in a park. He gets a PR bond and then goes back to the site and the cops see him and put him back in jail without bond....(perhaps you've seen that story) but this guy is using a fake military ID, is in possession of guns and drugs, yet is let go?

That just doesn't make a bit of sense to me...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A CAC would get him access onto the base. I am not sure how it would have gained him entrance to the barracks. They do surprise inspections, routine inspections and such so I am not sure how he would have been able to keep up the ruse without a valid military ID.

Even civilian employees get CAC cards. Again, they are used to get on base to work and to access DoD computers.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cry93

He's not just sacking out, he's getting work assignments.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Or was he already on a "work assignment"?

I'm starting to think more and more that this guy wasn't just some "homeless guy". I don't know what he was or what he was doing, but he's got connections to have walked from this.

Has anyone got a full name on this guy yet? All I can find is a first name, and I don't even know if that is legit.

Someone in my family has some contacts at Bragg and they are currently, as I speak, trying to find a full name. The chatter had already reached them before I reached out to them a few minutes ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Then the CAC is either in someone else's name and with their credentials (my CAC, and I assume everyone else's, contained my fingerprint) or he once had an active CAC and wherever he worked failed to collect and disable it. I am not sure how his certs would have been any good if he no longer held an active job with DoD.

They even give you a copy of your SF-50 once you leave federal service so that should have at least flagged his clearance, I think. I'd like to think that DoD isn't this sloppy.
edit on 22-12-2015 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I thought he was in an EOD unit?
I've read nothing about him being with DoD.

Where did you get this information? Or did you read the article wrong?

And the CAC wouldn't matter at all if they aren't scanning it like some chatter is claiming they don't the majority of the time.
A LOT of people were saying they basically [most of the time] just look at it and let you carry on.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Jakal26 because: adding something

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I am simply speaking from my experience with a CAC card, which was DoD. Even active duty have the same CAC card as civilian to my knowledge.

They pretty much function the same. It is mostly to gain civilian access to the base and for your individual computer usage. I am personally calling BS on this story as it is on its face. No way did a CAC give him access to the barracks. Maybe there is more to the story than what is being reported, if it is true at all?
edit on 22-12-2015 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
After thinking about this, as long as he stayed on base and never left post, he could potentially survive the 8 months. MREs are all over, especially units coming back from the feild, free laundry facilities, I'm not sure about the DFAC but whenever I forgot my ID most times they'd let me in, "they look for the ring finger" lol. Barracks are plentiful, especially the open bays, with community showers. He'd just have the look the part and pretend he has a mission. Lol. SPC tab and he' could blend in easily, just hold a mop or broom where ever you go, nobody will question you why your sweeping or mopping your barracks floor.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You can call bs all you want...but it's been confirmed.

No way did a CAC give him access to the barracks.

Apparently, you haven't read the thread, nor the links, and just decided to comment.
Maybe go back and read through it and then reply again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join