It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Mosques Fall Victim To String Of Hate Crimes Following San Bernardino Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
In fact, the Quran meets every criterion by which we define hate speech.

So does the Bible depending on who's teaching it though.

So are probably a thousand other Religious Texts, Philosophies, Political Systems, etc.

You can't hold any of them as being better than the others. Doing so is even a couple of the qualifications you just listed as what defines Hate Speech.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Let us talk about the truth then shall we?

We already have...

You called it hate, remember?

Nice quote, but since you just defined the Quran as Hate Speech wouldn't that mean that it's the truth according to your quote???

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Truth is there are many stories in the world, and people like you prefer the horrible ones. Thanks to people like you this world is an ugly place some times.
No meme fits here though. Ugly.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So are probably a thousand other Religious Texts, Philosophies, Political Systems, etc.

You can't hold any of them as being better than the others. Doing so is even a couple of the qualifications you just listed as what defines Hate Speech.

I'm pretty sure the Bible wasn't anywhere in this thread, let alone Murgatroid's posts.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Chickensalad because: realised that xtans were supposedly invovled by vandalism act

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

I'm pretty sure the Bible nor Christians were mentioned anywhere in this thread, let alone Murgatroid's posts.

Ok. But Murgatroid is a very devout Christian so I'm using that as an example that will make sense to him.

I also included the fact that it could be used in other Religions and Philosophies too as a way to demonstrate that I wasn't trying to focus on just Christianity.

Sorry if you didn't read it that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
I understand that. Just saw it as a general deflection is all.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
BUDDHA

In separateness lies the world’s greatest misery; in compassion lies the world’s true strength.
BUDDHA

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

If as an atheist me acknowledging that Islam is a less civil religion/culture than others that have evolved past the middle ages is hate speech than I guess I'm hateful. I've got no horse in the race but people who claim to follow Jesus' teachings and act like assholes are hypocrites and awful people. People who follow Islam and act like assholes are simply following the teachings of a pedophile, warlord and all around crappy person. Calling all philosophies/Texts/Political systems equal is one of the dumbest PC arguments I've ever heard

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If nothing's been burned down? Why is this thread not closed or flagged as a Hoax?

Where's the usual folks that are usually the first to point that out?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
People love Murgatroid's point of view. There is nothing wrong with that. I personally think that user is a racist but I can't say more cos T and C's and shizzle.

So, exactly what “race” is Islam?

After you convince us that Islam is a race, then you are welcome to start labeling it's critics as “racists”.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
Calling all philosophies/Texts/Political systems equal is one of the dumbest PC arguments I've ever heard

I don't know why nobody ever seems to understand and comes back with this very argument. Because that isn't what I was saying at all. If you read a little more careful you'll see that I'm not comparing one specific version or one religion to another. Nobody is dumb enough to think that Christianity when taught as a Religion of Peace and Love etc. is the same as Islam taught from a Jihadist point of view.

I pointed out specifically that it depends on how it's being taught or interpreted. The Old Testament is full of descriptions of War, Murder, Genocide etc. all being done in Gods name and with his permission and can be taught from that point of view. I've talked to some Muslims here that equally do not speak of Islam in the way you do but as the opposite.

I'm not saying which one is correct or incorrect. That comes down to one's own interpretation or teachings. That is my point and I thought it was very clear.

The fact that you can't see that and refer to anything I've said as PC shows me you're not nearly as neutral about this topic as you may think. The fact that you think the worst a Christian can be is an A-hole while a Muslim can be a Rapist and child Molester equally so. Because surely there have never been Rapist or Murderer or Molester who's a Christian right???

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

If nothing's been burned down? Why is this thread not closed or flagged as a Hoax?

Where's the usual folks that are usually the first to Fire at California Mosque Was Intentionally Set in Possible Hate Crime: Sheriffpoint that out?

Police said Friday a fire at a mosque 75 miles east of San Bernardino was likely a hate crime. An unidentified person of interest has been detained in connection with the fire, NBC News reports.

The FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the event, which happened Friday around noon in Coachella. No one was hurt, and the fire is still under investigation.

There was a fire at a mosque. It says the above in the sourced article of the OP. What level it reached I don't know. Perhaps it said more in the video, but that video account was terminated on youtube if that is any indicator of the video's contents.

ETA: Fire at California Mosque Was Intentionally Set in Possible Hate Crime: Sheriff

A fire sparked at a mosque in Southern California Friday was intentionally set in a possible hate crime, authorities determined. "This was an intentional act potentially resulting in a hate crime," the Riverside County Sheriff's Department and Coachella Police Department said in a joint statement.

A person of interest has been identified and detained, the statement said. The suspect has not been identified. Possible Fire-Bomb Attack at California Mosque Witnesses Say 2:45 The fire was reported just after noon local time (3 p.m. ET) at the Islamic Society of Coachella Valley in Coachella, the statement said.

The fire was extinguished within about an hour, and no one was injured, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

"Our congregation is, of course, apprehensive,'' said Reymundo Nour, president of Islamic Society. "We go to the mosque with our families. People are, of course, afraid for their families," he said, according to NBC affiliate KMIR. The mosque, which sustained smoke damage, is about 75 miles away from the site of the mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, on Dec. 2. Fourteen people died in the attack carried out by a husband and wife who authorities believe were radicalized, and the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism.

So technically it wasn't reduced completely, but the effect is probably pretty bad.

edit on 22/12/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

This appeal to the natural hatred of the Mussulmen towards the infidels, is in just accordance with the precepts of the Koran.

The document does not attempt to disguise it, nor even pretend that the enmity of those whom it styles the infidels, is any other than the necessary consequence of the hatred borne by the Mussulmen to them—the paragraph itself, is a forcible example of the contrasted character of the two religions.

The fundamental doctrine of the christian religion, is the extirpation of hatred from the human heart. It forbids the exercise of it, even towards enemies. There is no denomination of christians, which denies or misunderstands this doctrine.

All understand it alike—all acknowledge its obligations ; and however imperfectly, in the purposes of Divine Providence, its efficacy has been shown in the practice of christians, it has not been wholly inoperative upon them. Its effect has been upon the manners of nations. It has mitigated the horrors of war – it has softened the features of slavery – it has humanized the intercourse of social life.

The unqualified acknowledgement of a duty does not, indeed, suffice to insure its performance. Hatred is yet a passion, but too powerful upon the hearts of christians. Yet they cannot indulge it, except by the sacrifice of their principles, and the conscious violation of their duties. No state paper from a Christian hand, could, without trampling the precepts of its Lord and Master, have commenced by an open proclamation of hatred to any portion of the human race.

The Ottoman lays it down as the foundation of his discourse - John Quincy Adams “Unsigned essays dealing with the Russo-Turkish War, and on Greece, written while JQA was in retirement, before his election to Congress in 1830” [Chapters X-XIV (pp. 267-402) in The American Annual Register for 1827-28-29. New York, 1830.] p. 299-300

In the seventh century of the Christian era, a wandering Arab of the lineage of Hagar [i.e., Muhammad], the Egyptian, combining the powers of transcendent genius, with the preternatural energy of a fanatic, and the fraudulent spirit of an impostor, proclaimed himself as a messenger from Heaven, and spread desolation and delusion over an extensive portion of the earth.

Adopting from the sublime conception of the Mosaic law, the doctrine of one omnipotent God; he connected indissolubly with it, the audacious falsehood, that he was himself his prophet and apostle. Adopting from the new Revelation of Jesus, the faith and hope of immortal life, and of future retribution, he humbled it to the dust by adapting all the rewards and sanctions of his religion to the gratification of the sexual passion. He poisoned the sources of human felicity at the fountain, by degrading the condition of the female sex, and the allowance of polygamy; and he declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind.

THE ESSENCE OF HIS DOCTRINE WAS VIOLENCE AND LUST: TO EXALT THE BRUTAL OVER THE SPIRITUAL PART OF HUMAN NATURE [Adam's capital letters]….Between these two religions, thus contrasted in their characters, a war of twelve hundred years has already raged. The war is yet flagrant…While the merciless and dissolute dogmas of the false prophet shall furnish motives to human action, there can never be peace upon earth, and good will towards men.

- John Quincy Adams “Unsigned essays dealing with the Russo-Turkish War, and on Greece, written while JQA was in retirement, before his election to Congress in 1830” [Chapters X-XIV (pp. 267-402) in The American Annual Register for 1827-28-29. New York, 1830.] p. 269
edit on 22-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Actually no christian teaches the old testament as something to follow. All Christians believe the new testament replaced it the old testament is history lesons. Christians never use the old testament to model their behavior. If they did they aren't christians. So mentioning the violence in the old testament has nothing to do with Christians. So when people say all religions are the same that's not true.

This argument is over used and people think it in someway proves something. It doesnt all religions aren't the same Buddhists and Christians if they follow teachings don't have the violence of judiasm and Islam. Is it better or worse is for you to decide my feelings is given a choice id much rather live in a country that has budhist or christian orinciples since neither believes an eye for an eye is appropriate

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Not surprised one bit that the video in the OP has been censored...

The author has made it available to watch elsewhere fortunately here.

Below is a quote from his 'about' page:

First, let me say this website is in its infancy. I have worked with a PR firm to get a Facebook site attached to this page, along with a YouTube channel (CENSORED) and Twitter account in hopes of getting information disseminated to as many people as possible in as many different forums as possible. Who am I? Why have I decided to take time out of my life to start a blog?

I am a member of the fast growing un-silent majority that is sick of the insanity going on in this country right now. I’m not sure anything I say will affect real change, but I hope I can bring attention to some issues the Lame Stream Media is guaranteed not to report on and do it with some bite that grabs your attention. I’m accused of being vitriolic, bombastic, sarcastic to the extreme, and probably worse behind my back. I guess I haven’t worked hard enough, if that is the best people can say about me. The time has come for me to stop my political rants on my personal profile, so I’ve created The Last Great Stand blog, and you can call me “The Voice of Reason.”

I’m sick of being branded a right wing extremist, racist, homophobe, warmonger, or whatever asinine adjectives Liberal Progressives have for the words COMMON SENSE these days. These people have lost their minds, and even worse than the fact they are legally allowed to eat with uncorked forks to prevent harm to them or others, these same lunatics occupy the White House, have a majority in the Senate, they run our national media, and they are indoctrinating our kids.

thelastgreatstand.com...

edit on 22-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
More like the muslims there are collapsing their cell and using our system against us and burning the mosque down themselves for insurance money to set up a new cell elsewhere. Then you have the traitorous MSM spinning the story in favor of the muslims that some one attacked their mosque and that they are victims. We have a firestorm coming due to the traitorous actions of Barak HUSSEIN Obama!

Very sad this is one of the most started posts, no basis in reality. Just a deflection from the actual issue with a random shot at Obama.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well, I don't know what to tell you. There are people teaching out of the old test. still. Complete with the hell fire and all the rest. There are countless modern day examples everywhere showing this so if you're unaware of them it's not my fault.

To both you and infolurker, I suggest you also read my other posts where I've already addressed what it is you're talking about and I'm not going to explain it all again. I'm tried of running in circles with you guys and covering the same topic over and over all because you don't seem to get what I'm saying.

If you disagree then fine. I'm not going to lose sleep over it and I doubt you will either. But I'm not going to repeat myself yet again. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

edit to get rid of anything i shouldnt of said which was everything, my apolgies
edit on 22-12-2015 by madwilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The fact that you can't see that and refer to anything I've said as PC shows me you're not nearly as neutral about this topic as you may think. The fact that you think the worst a Christian can be is an A-hole while a Muslim can be a Rapist and child Molester equally so. Because surely there have never been Rapist or Murderer or Molester who's a Christian right???

I used asshole's as a catchall for Muslims and Christians who act like animals. You added Muslims being rapist's and child molesters on your own. I pointed out the difference in the supposed profits who's teachings they claim to follow. People can interpret anything however they chose. It's far less of a stretch though to interpret Islam violently because look at the clown who started it, who was a rapist, murderer and a pedophile. It was meant as a violent political system to bend people to it's will. People who interpret the teachings of Christ violently are really missing the point. Like I said, atheist. If you leave me alone to do my own thing I'm happy. Unfortunately the teachings of that Profit Muhammad guy are in direct contradiction to that.
edit on 22-12-2015 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: madwilly

I'll do the same. No problem willy.
edit on 22-12-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join