It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Gets Cabbage Patch Doll With Obscene Message!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Diamond Robinson, 9, received a special Cabbage Patch doll from her parents on Christmas day. The doll comes with adoption paperwork, but in Diamond's case, the serial number was obscene.

Read about it here;
www.clickondetroit.com...

Apparently. The serial numbers are generated by a computer, a computer which eventually generated a profane result (possible). Or was it the work of a disgruntled twisted employee?
Do they have a case to sue?

A doll that says *uck Me. What are the chances?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Two million of the dolls are sold in the United States every year.

With that many dolls sold I guess it's possible that sooner or later an obscene combination could arise.

I'm surprised that many dolls are still sold though.

They were popular when I was a kid about twenty years ago but I thought thei popularity all but died out.

All they still selling Garbage Pail Kids too?

[edit on 6-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I didn't know they even still made those things anymore. Horrible little creatures.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I've got 12 of those dolls (including a set of Cabbage Patch Twins) in my storage shed in the next town...I remember back in the day when people FOUGHT over them!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, the cabbage patch doll craze of the 80's.
Those dolls are strange... the old cabbage patch books they used to have were odd, too.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I understood that this was just the release of The Exorcist commemorative edition Cabbage Patch doll. I don't even know why they used the * censor on the serial number.

new topics

top topics

join