It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I fly? Question for OOBE experts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I had a lot of sleep paralysis when I was a kid.

I think I got scared at first, but after that just found it annoying and went back to sleep.

One of the weirder experiences, to me, was waking up and looking into my own eyes as I was sleeping next to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
People cannot open their eyes during sleep paralysis.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin
People cannot open their eyes during sleep paralysis.

Uh, I did.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Could have been a dream. Unless you sleep with your eyes already open otherwise paralysis means nothing can move and you cannot open your eyes otherwise....no sleep paralysis. Once you move one part of your body you break the paralysis. Does not even sound to me like you ever had sleep paralysis because it is nothing to joke about and is a serious disorder. Honestly, there is nothing cool or glamorous about it. Many nights it would keep me up all night due to getting paralysed repeatedly just at that second where i would fall to sleep and then there are minutes of the most bizarre things occurring. No longer have it and hope to never again. Also, the medical journal i am reading right now states that only 8% of the general population have sleep paralysis. And no, we are not mentally disturbed, we suffer from a serious debilitating MEDICAL disorder. Luckily i grew out of it say around 2 to 5 years ago.

This is why i say that OBE's are just happening in dreams and i do think there is some relation between these two things because during SP i experience similar to people who claim OBE and only one time went up a wall and onto the ceiling and also the vibrating...well ok it is somewhat cool but the terror is unimaginable.

I only posted in this thread because someone is asking to fly (OBE) and just told him I seriously doubt this is possible and many youtubes are exaggerations. That said, dreams can be intense so i have not much more to say on this. I would look at links to OBE claims and have no issues with others beliefs.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

I've had experiences since first memory.

All kinds of "paranormal" type experiences. I have them walking down the street.

I never try to explain them.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
To be able to fly in dreams or obe's:

- because some one demonstrated it and the dreamer assumes it is possible for anyone
- through years of study to understand why some objects are subject to gravity and while some are not. Think about it, why would the body be able to fly but all other stuff is neatly in place held by gravity? To understand that is to be able to manipulate the dream or obe into anything the mind can imagine.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979

- because some one demonstrated it and the dreamer assumes it is possible for anyone
- through years of study to understand why some objects are subject to gravity and while some are not. Think about it, why would the body be able to fly but all other stuff is neatly in place held by gravity? To understand that is to be able to manipulate the dream or obe into anything the mind can imagine.

Is it? Maybe, maybe not.

Ever seen a building appear, then disappear? Broad daylight, just walking down the street.

A building that was once there, but had been removed.

I think its called: Residual Energy Imprint.

Like I said, I've had a lot of "experiences" since first memory. There's just more going on then we know.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Is it? Maybe, maybe not.

Ever seen a building appear, then disappear? Broad daylight, just walking down the street.

Like I said, I've had a lot of "experiences" since first memory. There's just more going on then we know.

I was referring to dreams and obe's, not the 'real' world if that is what you mean by broad daylight. If it was a dream where you were walking in broad daylight, anything can happen, dreams are just weird. If you were awake and a building disappeared I can only comment you need to see a licensed medic.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Is it? Maybe, maybe not.

I was referring to dreams and obe's, not the 'real' world if that is what you mean by broad daylight. If it was a dream where you were walking in broad daylight, anything can happen, dreams are just weird. If you were awake and a building disappeared I can only comment you need to see a licensed medic.

So, you're one of those skeptics who thinks "paranormal" (for lack of better word) is all about the mind and dream state.

I've had more experiences in every day awake time - - then sleep time.

NO, the building appeared, then faded, in an empty lot where it once physically stood before being removed.

I'm not the only person who's had a Residual Energy Imprint.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20256537]johnnyjoe1979So, you're one of those skeptics who thinks "paranormal" (for lack of better word) is all about the mind and dream state.

If you say so.

I've had more experiences in every day awake time - - then sleep time.

Cherish those.

NO, the building appeared, then faded, in an empty lot where it once physically stood before being removed.

I'm not the only person who's had a Residual Energy Imprint.

That's just not my kind of thing, I like to keep realities seperated as much as possible, the normal as normal as possible and the other world without restrictions. I could lose my job if I would become distracted for example. I don't have a lot of control so I can only interact with this other reality in a certain setting as quiet as possible. And it is purely because of a belief in an afterlife, it is not like I expect or want 'magical' things to happen in everyday reality. It is like a safe haven, dull compared to this other world but I can't imagine I would enjoy stimuli from 2 worlds 24/7.
edit on 14-1-2016 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I'm very logical, practical, and secular.

I don't think it serves anyone to fight against society. But, what you do in private

With me, "stuff" just happens. But, there's only a few I share it with.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Think you have wings and visualize them until they are there. This is a world of thoughts, any thought fueled by enough emotions and intent will happen. And modifying your own astral body is easier than acting on foreign things. When you have wings, just think of flying using them. They only act as a visual help to enhance your confidence into flying making it easier to happen. There you go.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You're asking how to fly above... I'd suggest doing it in waking life first. What we experience in our dreams is a reflection of what we experience IRL. If you have self-doubts in your life, they'll weigh your down in the dream world. You won't fly. You have to take flight with confidence in your abilities, else will do more of a hopping around as if on the moon instead of outright flying. The more self-aware and confident your are, the further you can manipulate your surroundings and go way further than out of this world.

Fly above in waking life, first. Then soar in your dreams.
edit on 14-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm terrible at dream flying. Mostly, I just kind of float like I'm in a pool. I have a lot of trouble gaining any speed or altitude.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

Well, seems like you had only negative experiences, sorry to hear that. Maybe things would have been different for you if you hadnt been so fearful and tried to explain it all rationally. A "medical journal" is not a very helpful or useful source when it comes to SP and Dreams and OBE in my opinion.
Trying to relate OBE and such to traumatic childhoods and or being on the verge of senility or mental duress to me is just plain wrong.

And I am always amazed at how some people try to tell other people that something is not possible, even though they have experienced it.

Yes, it is not only possible to fly in an OBE, it is very real, I have done it. And OBE are very real too.
I have never had anything bad or negative happen, but then again, I am not a negative or general fearful person. I am quite happy and content and have a very positive outlook on life.

Humans are not only capable of things attributed to humans. We are so much more. We are spirit in a human body and we have so much power we could use for so much good. I only wish more people would open up and wake up and use their full potentials to make this world the beautiful place its suppose to be.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I'm very logical, practical, and secular.

I don't think it serves anyone to fight against society. But, what you do in private

With me, "stuff" just happens. But, there's only a few I share it with.

I'm totally with you Annee. Same here

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: _damon

I would have responded sooner, but for some reason I dont get the notifications about thread replies?!

Thats actually the most simple thing, to think of wings! I would have never thought of that lol!

Will try to do that next time. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join