It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Tips Leads Bomb Squad To Man Suspected Of Making Bombs In Richmond Home To Harm Muslims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
a reply to: Krakatoa

So you want to argue with me, just as I thought. The only facts I'm posted are the facts that we know about this story, the man, and his alleged actions.

Do I think he's guilty? I'm leaning that way but I'm definitely gonna wait for the "facts" to come out before I make a final judgement. So judge me all you want for judging this man's action but remember, he who lives in a glasshouse should not throw stones.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
a reply to: ChesterJohn

True, although did anyone confuse it for VA?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I agree. No way does that man in that picture resemble Tony Stark.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:08 PM
More information on this story. A childhood friend who is also his FB friend reported him to the police two weeks ago over his FB comments. She took screenshots from her phone and sent them to the police and has also allowed the Guardian to use them in their story. Funny enough, either he has two accounts or he/someone took down these comments because we all looked at his FB page and haven't seen any of this. I don't use FB but can you delete a pic/comment from your timeline?

The posts include derogatory references to Hispanics and Muslims as well as a photograph of an apparent pipe bomb resting on a table outside a house. Celli appears to have posted: “Built it all by myself lol” and “Home Depot don’t sell stuff is big here’s a crude device for you”.

The image of the bomb was posted the same day – 4 December – that Celli is alleged to have stood outside his local mosque threatening to kill congregants. That incident was also reported to police.

However members of the Islamic Society of West Contra Costa County have apparently spent weeks trying to persuade police to take the case of the man seen making threats against them more seriously.

They became so concerned that, a week after the incident, they contacted Richmond councilman Eduardo Martinez for assistance. Martinez told the Guardian that he contacted the chief of police to inquire about the investigation and was told “they didn’t have enough evidence call it a hate crime”.

The investigation began on 4 December, when members ofRichmond mosque Masjid al Rahman, also known as the Islamic Society of West Contra Costa County, reported to police that a man, now believed to be Celli, had yelled threats as members left from a Friday afternoon service.

From this article, I think I found the picture of his homemade pipebomb.

The screenshots, which no longer appear on Celli's private page, show he posted the alleged pipe bomb photo less than an hour after he allegedly made death threats against Muslims at the Islamic Center of West Contra Costa County on Dec. 4. Later that night, Celli posted another typo-filled rant: "I went and did my protest over the local mosque I didn't believe what I saw I'm having a hard time loading my pics but in videos I'll get them up eventually there must have been 4 to 500 people there usually at Friday prayer maybe 50 or 75 laughing and joking I have some pic and videos ..."

Two days after Banks saw the posts, she went to Wethersfield police, and an officer notified a Calaveras County deputy of the "suspicious situation," and was told he would investigate, the Connecticut report said. Celli has a second home in Copperopolis, about 30 miles east of Stockton, and that's why the Connecticut officer reached out to Calaveras officials.

It was only on Dec. 17, when the Richmond detective investigating the original mosque threats called Calaveras County sheriff's deputies to see if they had any information on Celli, since he lived there also, that he learned of the pipe bomb photos and social media posts against Muslims, Gagan said.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:44 AM

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: namelesss

you clearly have not been to a trump event.

I have not had leprosy, either.
You think I need to catch it to learn what it is?
Nor do I need to attend propaganda rallies. It is not healthy.
What fool believes anything that comes out of these Killer Klowns (tm) mouths, anyway?
Just land here?

possibly you get your news about trump for other sources.

Oh, I read all sorts of sources, I don't really need much, but I have been long a student of humanitym and can spot these... Killer Klowns after they run their mouth for 5 minutes.
No, I do not need to go to some psycho-pep rally!

I am so glad you deny ignorance

Was that an attempt at sarcasm? The sticker seems to have fallen off.
And I do not 'deny' anything!
Reality is ALL inclusive!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
90 days in jail. And 3 years probation AND NO FACEBOOK.

William Celli, a 55-year-old man from California, will spend 90 days in jail after being caught in possession of an explosive device and threatening to kill Muslims. Celli took a plea deal that places him on probation for a further three years and bans him from operating an active Facebook profile.

Seems a bit lenient for someone who was determined enough to kill people to actually make the explosive device.
edit on 3/26/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>