It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips Leads Bomb Squad To Man Suspected Of Making Bombs In Richmond Home To Harm Muslims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The man looks like Iron Man. Am I the only one to notice that?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think this story is a media retaliation because the San Bernardino killers had pipe bombs.

And this whole thing must be a hoax because MSNBC isn't covering it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Most of the articles I found were just rehashing the same few pieces of information but I found one at SF Gate with a bit more:

William Celli, a 55-year-old self-employed plumber, was arrested Sunday morning by Richmond detectives in Calaveras County on suspicion of criminal threats and possession of a destructive device with a hate-crime enhancement, police said. Authorities said they believe he acted alone.

Investigators began looking into Celli around the first week of December after he allegedly made physical threats to Muslims leaving Masjid Al Rahman mosque on 36th Street, said Capt. Mark Gagan, a police spokesman.

If this is correct, he was already on the police radar because he was threatening bodily harm to people outside of a mosque. Why wasn't he arrested two weeks ago I wonder?

As for the "it's not a bomb" argument:

I don't believe it matters whether or not there was a charge of black powder or some other explosive in the pipe. If it was otherwise constructed and he stated to one or more people that he was making a pipe bomb, that's probably all that's needed to pass the legal test of what constitutes a "destructive device" for the purposes of prosecution.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yes, you are the only one to notice that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Of course you do, you didn't even have to post this because we all knew you thought that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Looks like Tony Stark and I don't care.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The pic in the OP makes you think of Robert Downy's Tony Stark? Agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Agree to disagree indeed.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I have tried to be PC and civil about certain aspects of religion across the board, though I am not religious myself. I have a very close and personal issue that is ongoing in my life that relates to a Muslim and am very cautious about what is going on. I have an issue with someone that is a resident alien in the US for 16 years but has never tried to become a citizen...while he has a green card that is not settling to me. He is in my life for better or worse, but has shown me that he is not a good person in general, so yes I have some issues.

Either way, I am sure not all are bad, but I have a bad taste.

Really ? Thanks for the info and all but i fail to see how your personal experience has anything to do with the topic at hand ?

Hmmm....I appreciate your contribution, but coming from a very new member of ATS, I am not to worried about your opinion. I have my own reasons for my feelings and they are very close to home and personal. Really, I could care less what you think.

How my personal experience has to do with this....Islam, Muslim and my child...outside of that, I worry about her future.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When I was a School Resource Officer at a high school I arrested a kid who had a written plan to kill students and teachers.

In his backpack and locker he had all of the necessary ingredients to make a pipe bomb.

While it was not fully constructed, I arrested him for attempting to make a destructive device.

He was convicted of the charge.

I wonder if that was the case in this incident. He made the threats, had the ingredients, but had not quite assembled it yet. If that is the case, it is a solid arrest.
edit on 21-12-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

It does make me wonder exactly what was found at this guys houses and how many of the so called "bomb making materials" would also be typical Plumber Stuff. Obviously a pipe would be found but what else. Makes me wonder how many so called "Bomb making materials" could be found at any of our houses, especially those of us who are do-it-yourself types.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

This kind of support that Trump is getting is not what I would call stellar, now granted this crazy man doesn't represent all Trump supporters but the fact remains crazies and racists are flocking to Trump, not Sanders, not Clinton, not Cruz, etc,

Swills, did you really just say that... LoL!!!

Tell me you don't truly believe that

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, if you possess all of the ingredients to make one, and are making threats to cause harm with a completed one, I think an arrest is in order.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, if you possess all of the ingredients to make one, and are making threats to cause harm with a completed one, I think an arrest is in order.

And had allegedly made threats. The report is still not proven, by anyone based upon the information we have. So, for the sake of argument, legally, he has not made threats, and could have had innocent plumbing supplies in his home that were mistaken for bomb making supplies. The "device" found has never been described (that we are aware) and when detonated by the police (a fair cautionary move), it was found not to have explosives (if it did, it would have increased the explosive force the police used) so unless there are pictures of the "device" prior to it being destroyed by the police, it is hearsay there as well.

So, some local followers of Islam reported hearsay statements he threatened them, reported an online posting of a pipe bomb that so far nobody here can corroborate (granted it might have been removed by this time). He is still innocent of any charges until proven guilty....it enough actual evidence does exist.

Am I right in this assessment?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: neo96

I already posted what we know, it's above. You forgot to add to your list the threats he made against the local Muslim community.

Show again, because you just love going in circles, we have:

1. Threats made to his local Muslim community.
2. Neighbor suspicious he's making a bomb.
3. Police say he posted a pic of a pipe bomb on social media.
4. Search warrant issued and he was arrested.

And that's all for now.

1. Alleged threats, lets keep with facts here.
3. Hearsay by the police of a picture posted, somewhere on the Internet. Did that picture match the alleged "device" they found in his home, and conveniently destroyed with no evidence remaining?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's all alleged at this point and we'll just have to wait and see what the cops have on him, if he will be charged with a crime(s). I think this has all been covered numerous times already so what's your point?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's all alleged at this point and we'll just have to wait and see what the cops have on him, if he will be charged with a crime(s). I think this has all been covered numerous times already so what's your point?

My point is that you , yourself, in the post I quoted, made these statements as if they were already fact. When, in reality they are not facts yet. I was correcting your statement lest other glom onto it as fact.

As you corrected yourself in your (needlessly) snarky reply.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Richman California not Richmond Virginia

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

you clearly have not been to a trump event.

possibly you get your news about trump for other sources.

I am so glad you deny ignorance

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

totally disagree. If any one sees tony stark in that your either in need of glasses or you already 3 sheets to the wind.

edit on 22-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join