It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips Leads Bomb Squad To Man Suspected Of Making Bombs In Richmond Home To Harm Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

RICHMOND (CBS SF) — A neighborhood in Richmond had to be evacuated Sunday when police say a man was making explosives in his home with the intent of harming the Muslim community.

Police received a tip from a caller on December 17th who said a man was making the devices and threatening to harm Muslims.

Police removed a device from the home on the 5100 block of Mcbryde Avenue, and the Walnut Creek bomb squad detonated a device before neighbors were allowed to return to their homes.

Celli appeared to be a supporter of Presidential candidate Donald Trump. A post on his Facebook page said he would follow Trump “to the end of the world.”

This story is back and because so many are offended this man is a Trump supporter I was told this thread belongs in this forum.

So what would make this man want to target Muslims? It's ironic he was making bombs and possibly planning on blowing them up, you know, like all terrorists do. Did he think he was better than Muslims? But why would he do it? Is it based on religion or politics, or both?

As seen in the article this man is an avid Trump supporter. This kind of support that Trump is getting is not what I would call stellar, now granted this crazy man doesn't represent all Trump supporters but the fact remains crazies and racists are flocking to Trump, not Sanders, not Clinton, not Cruz, etc, and that's because of what Trump is saying, banning all Muslims, creating data bases, and so on. Trump isn't finished opening his mouth and spewing garbage either, there's plenty more to come.

Or was this supposed to be a revenge attack for San Bernardino or some other event? Doesn't make sense to me as this won't bring anyone back but as seen recently in the media attacks on Muslims and mosques are on the rise.

I guess we're just gonna have to wait patiently to found out what drove this man to become a demon.

Here's his Facebook page.

William Celli
November 20 ·
After all these radicals get rid of us. Will they turn on each other.

William Celli
October 25 ·
Surah 47:4 When ye encounter the infidels strike of their heads. And I' m the bad guy., And our progressive leaders want to bring more of this into our Country. Upwards of 6 million over the next years. Kiss your Christian asses good bye. And all other non believers of the Koran.

Other sources,

www.mercurynews.com...

RICHMOND -- A self-proclaimed Donald Trump supporter has been arrested on suspicion of making criminal threats against individuals at an East Bay mosque and possession of a pipe bomb, according to Richmond police.

William Celli, 55, of Richmond, was arrested Sunday after police served a search warrant at his home on the 5100 block of McBryde Avenue in Richmond. He is in custody at the County Jail in Martinez on $525,000 bail, according to the facility.

Police found a pipe-bomb type device, which was detonated Sunday evening, in his residence, Richmond police Lt. Eric Smith said. Smith said the device was not armed with explosives.

Police began investigating the registered Republican, who was born in Connecticut, in the first week of December when he allegedly threatened members of the Islamic Society of West Contra Costa County in Richmond.

"His actions and words were so concerning they were photographing him in his car," Richmond police Capt. Mark Gagan said. "He was threatening violence on them, and they were very shaken by it."

Police began investigating the criminal threats when they learned he posted a photo of a pipe bomb on social media, Gagan said.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wondered where this went.

Welcome back, thread.

What a sick son of a bitch.

Forget Trump, this guy would have used anything as an excuse to do something like this.

Trump is a scapegoat for this man.

He needs to learn some personal responsibility.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yet at the same time Trump needs to learn some public responsibility. Free speech is fine and it's important for politicians to voice their opinions as anyone else, but as a representative of the people, or someone vying to represent the people, they should reflect the laws of the country and the protections of the rights therein.

Even Cheney, as in Dick Cheney former VP, former CEO of Halliburton, publicly condemned Trump's words saying they are unAmerican. Dick Cheney. Dick.... Cheney. Dick.

Seriously.

Edit: please note the sarcasm in the above. The irony being that if Dick Cheney is saying you don't respect the laws of the land, you have sunk lower than even him.
edit on 21-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

A) Lock him up and throw away the key.

B) Conduct the investigation the way any investigation into a terrorist would be conducted. Search his home and computer and if it turns out there are others that were providing support to him (guidance on weapon creation or providing information on targets) then lock them up as well.

C) If you (or you using the article as a proxy) are indicating that since THIS GUY was a Trump supporter, that means that Trump is or would support THIS GUY's intended actions.... Then you would have to concur that the current president of the United States is an all-out racist, because there are plenty of demonstrable examples of rabid racists supporting him.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That's what happens when you spread hateful divisive rhetoric and you have a big audience. Crazy people then use it as fuel or an excuse to do awful things. What a horrible man.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I hope this man is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I am glad someone is paying attention to terror threats and acting on them before anyone is harmed inside the US.

I am shocked at the speed of the release of all this personal info of a suspected terrorist. In other recent cases this kind of info was held until the investigation was completed.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

There is nothing to suggest this guy needed the incentive of a Trump speech to fuel the fire of bombing Muslims.

Trump is a [snipped], but common sense tells me if someone is willing to blow people up, they don't need a middle man to push them over the edge.

Anyone who would even contemplate such is already a loose cannon convinced of their own bulls#.
edit on Mon Dec 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yet at the same time Trump needs to learn some public responsibility. Free speech is fine and it's important for politicians to voice their opinions as anyone else, but as a representative of the people, or someone vying to represent the people, they should reflect the laws of the country and the protections of the rights therein.

Even Cheney, as in Dick Cheney former VP, former CEO of Halliburton, publicly condemned Trump's words saying they are unAmerican. Dick Cheney. Dick.... Cheney. Dick.

Seriously.

Dick Cheney is a pos and is not in my opinion an american.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

C) If you (or you using the article as a proxy) are indicating that since THIS GUY was a Trump supporter, that means that Trump is or would support THIS GUY's intended actions.... Then you would have to concur that the current president of the United States is an all-out racist, because there are plenty of demonstrable examples of rabid racists supporting him.

I don't think that Trump would support this guy's actions, obviously. However, I think Trumps words incite people like this. Just like Obama's grandstanding on race relations after the Treyvon Martin incident and others.

President's and President hopefuls should do everything but incite racial tensions.

Comments made by Obama on white on black crime is completely hypocritical when equally tragic events happen which are black on black or white on black and he is personally mum on those issues. Becuase he can't and shouldn't voice an opinion on every travesty, he should voice an opinion on none.

Trumps comments are simply bigoted, and I really find it difficult to find anything positive in them, besides support from other bigoted or xenophobic personalities, the crazy dude from the OP included.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Police found a pipe-bomb type device, which was detonated Sunday evening, in his residence, Richmond police Lt. Eric Smith said. Smith said the device was not armed with explosives.

A pipe without explosives does not a bomb make.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Trump as a candidate would do well to distance himself from the nutbars as soon as he can. Tone down his hate inspiring rhetoric.....I don't think he will however; it seems to be working in his favor for now...I'll bet the GOP is doing some serious thinking about the Donald as a representative for the Republicans. You can bet that the neocons and Jeb are beginning to droool.
edit on 21-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Trumps comments are simply bigoted, and I really find it difficult to find anything positive in them

I'm not sure I entirely agree with that (save for one comment that I'll get to in a moment).

I think that the "sound bites" of Trump definitely sound bigoted, but that is more often than not because the sound bites play only a few words and not the entire sentence or thought. Has he indicated that (paraphrase) "Mexico sends their worst"...? Yes, but when you listen to the entirety of the sentiment he does qualify it by saying there are, in fact, many good, honest, hard working people that come from Mexico and other lands to the South.

Where I thought he made a tremendous mistake is when he said to ban all "Muslim" people from entering the United States. What I thought he SHOULD have said (and what I would agreed with) is something more along the lines of, "Request from people to enter the United States from utterly chaotic parts of the world... parts of the world where those vying for power have indicated 'Death to America'... those requests will be on hold until we figure out what's going on and who's who." (Quick note on that: As much as I disliked his actual words, he DID, in fact, add the qualifier of "until we know what's going on)".

I suspect I'm becoming guilty of thread drift, but I would like to mention something that has been bothering me a little bit for a few weeks now regarding Trump and the "racist-bigot" accusations. First, please understand I have never been a Trump fan. My first exposure to him was when I was in about 7th grade and one of my friends had some sort of Trump board game. I never played it but just the look of the guy (as superficial as this makes me sound) made me feel a bit nauseous. I never was a fan of any reality TV so I never watched The Apprentice (and the whole concept seemed a bit dopey to me).

However, although I have never cared for the guy, and the prospect of him becoming president of the United States isn't a future I ever thought I'd see (if you asked me 5 or 10 or 15 years ago).... I can't wrap my mind around the "Trump is a vicious racist bigot" idea.

Trump has been in the limelight for a few decades. The United States is a land where anyone and everyone sues anyone and everyone for reparations for injustices (real or perceived). If Trump is such an in-your-face racist... where are all the verifiable complaints against him? Where are the lawsuits that he lost or settled out of court?

As much as I can't stand him... I'm finding it difficult to believe that he sees any color beyond the light green color of the dollar.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

According to the police, combination of threats he made against the local Muslim community center and posting a picture of his pipe bomb was all they needed to obtain a warrant. Ever think he had all the makings of a bomb but just hadn't put the pieces together yet? Perhaps law enforcement was able to stop him from carrying out his plans. We'll see as this case continues what evidence is brought forth against this alleged homegrown terrorist.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Trump supporter or not, I have a odd feeling we will be seeing a lot more these types of threads and stories in the news soon. Mostly trying to counter the anti-muslim rhetoric that is happening. Whether or not true, I am sure it will "Trump" the headlines in future papers. What is funny to me is that they are quick to call a white guy with pipe bombs a Muslim hater and ready to kill, yet they have to vet those that scream Allahu Akbar and fire AK's at a crowd before they call them terrorists.

I have tried to be PC and civil about certain aspects of religion across the board, though I am not religious myself. I have a very close and personal issue that is ongoing in my life that relates to a Muslim and am very cautious about what is going on. I have an issue with someone that is a resident alien in the US for 16 years but has never tried to become a citizen...while he has a green card that is not settling to me. He is in my life for better or worse, but has shown me that he is not a good person in general, so yes I have some issues.

Either way, I am sure not all are bad, but I have a bad taste.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So I read his facebook.

Anyone have ANYTHING other than this SINGLE comment ?

William Celli October 21 · Donald trumps on again I'm happy leaders okay but this guys a great point man I'll follow this MAN to the end of the world

Rather odd for a radical Trump supporter.

Wouldn't you say?

Ok TWO

William Celli October 28 · Donald Trump's on again I'm feeling good about myself

edit on 21-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So I read his facebook.

Anyone have ANYTHING other than this SINGLE comment ?

William Celli October 21 · Donald trumps on again I'm happy leaders okay but this guys a great point man I'll follow this MAN to the end of the world

Rather odd for a radical Trump supporter.

Wouldn't you say?

I'd say, "par for the course".

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Check the DATES there.

Trumps comments about Muslims were only recently made.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He's threatened members of the Islamic Society of West Contra Costa County in Richmond. They took pictures of him and reported him to the police who in turn began watching him and when he posted a pic of a pipe bomb they were able to get a warrant and make an arrest. It's all still very early in the investigation but it's not looking good for him if the police found bomb making material at his house.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This guy writes same BS as the 99% of the fear mongering tools on ATS.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I have tried to be PC and civil about certain aspects of religion across the board, though I am not religious myself. I have a very close and personal issue that is ongoing in my life that relates to a Muslim and am very cautious about what is going on. I have an issue with someone that is a resident alien in the US for 16 years but has never tried to become a citizen...while he has a green card that is not settling to me. He is in my life for better or worse, but has shown me that he is not a good person in general, so yes I have some issues.

Either way, I am sure not all are bad, but I have a bad taste.

Really ? Thanks for the info and all but i fail to see how your personal experience has anything to do with the topic at hand ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join