It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders: Iowa, NH wins could lead to one of "greatest political upsets"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sanders Campaign has surprised and impressed me from day one. But I must say that I felt he had little chances of winning the nomination for the Democratic Presidential Candidate. Though with recent breaking of the record for the most presidential donors ever and these recent stories stating his chances being a lot better than most people are being led to believe, I would say he could surprise everyone.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vermont, on Monday said if he were to win both the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary early next year, suggested he has a real shot at winning the Democratic nomination for president.

"If we can win in Iowa, if we can win in New Hampshire, I think we're on our way to a national victory and one of the great political upsets in the modern history of America," Sanders said on "CBS This Morning."

"I think we have a shot to win in Iowa," said Sanders, who said he'll be spending a lot of time there and in New Hampshire over the next month or so.

A CBS News Battleground tracker poll released Sunday found Hillary Clinton is leading in Iowa, but Sanders is leading Clinton in New Hampshire by 14 percentage points.

One of things that Sanders supporters and many other people have noticed, is the DNC is tilting the playing field in favour of Hilary, which ended with Sanders placing a lawsuit against the DNC.

"What we're asking for now is a thorough investigation with the DNC," Sanders said on CBS. "We certainly want to get to the bottom of this."

Both the above ex quotes are from this CBS source.

Now with everyone trying to keep up with the polls, it might be a good time for an article that looks into what these pool numbers really mean for the Sanders Campaign.

when you actually look into the data of the early primary states, you will find that the Democratic nomination is far from secured. New polls in the first three states to vote in the Democratic primary (Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina respectively) bode well for Bernie Sanders’ chances in the early voting states. The newly released CBS/YouGov polls have Sanders’ up by 14 points in New Hampshire, down by only 5 points in Iowa, and while he is still down 36 points in South Carolina, Clinton’s lead has been cut by 11 points since the last CBS/YouGov poll.

Looking deeper into the data bodes even better for Sanders’ chances: In the NH poll, only 35% of those polled for the Democratic primary were under age 45. In the Iowa poll that number was only 30%, and only 14.7% of voters polled were ages 18-29. To find a historical precedent for what these numbers mean, we only have to look back to 2008. If this year’s age 18-29 voter turnout for the Iowa Democratic caucus at least matches the 2008 numbers (22% of total), it would mean the recent YouGov polls under sampled younger voters, which are the backbone of Sanders’ campaign. According to the new Iowa poll, 71% of Democratic primary voters aged 18-29 support Bernie Sanders. This is even better than Obama’s 2008 numbers, where he received the support of 57% of Iowa Democratic caucus voters aged 18-29.

source

So if your thinking it's a waste of time voting for Bernie Sanders with Clinton's alleged lead, you might need to rethink it. While your thinking about it, you could consider a donation to the Sanders campaign, with a $30 average, there's no guilt for not making large donations.

Feel the bern!

edit on 21-12-2015 by AlaskanDad because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sanders is the Ron Paul of the Democrat party.

He will be torpedoed and his efforts will yield similar results to Paul's.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I second that.

I have seen little difference between the supporters of those two.

Hard core supporters all the way.

Until one day they see where idealism meets reality.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm not on the Sanders bandwagon or for any Democrat whatsoever, but I have to say, as an outsider looking in, I think your analysis is correct. He does have the potential to put one over if he can maintain the momentum. And I also thank his campaign for portraying Hillary as the hypocrite she is.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That's correct and even Sanders knows it himself. Which is why he keeps saying that for him to win it's going to take a political revolution and for everyone to get off their ass and go to the polls and make some noise. He knows it will take a massive uprising and overwhelming majority for him to make it. Anything less will simply be ignored or drowned out or silenced. But if enough people stand up and pay attention and I mean a massive amount and join together it can happen. It's not likely but it is possible.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Not going to happen, my friend. I'd love to see him win but Clinton had the superdelegates locked for a while now.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Yeah that's some uplifting news for sure.

I've been donating to his campaign on a monthly basis for 5 months now and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

F & S

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
That's correct and even Sanders knows it himself. Which is why he keeps saying that for him to win it's going to take a political revolution and for everyone to get off their ass and go to the polls and make some noise. He knows it will take a massive uprising and overwhelming majority for him to make it. Anything less will simply be ignored or drowned out or silenced. But if enough people stand up and pay attention and I mean a massive amount and join together it can happen. It's not likely but it is possible.

I should have original posted that he has been torpedoed.

He has no chance, the game is rigged.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sanders has over 2 million individual donors!

Ron Paul had considerably less than 52,000.

The average donation to Paul's campaign was $94.38 and the median was $45.52. Worth noting: The number of contributions to the Paul campaign in the third quarter, 51,696, is more than double the number of actual donors, which means that the average donor likely gave more than once to the Paul campaign

source

52,000 vs 2,000,000 just a wee bit of a difference, just to name one!

edit on 21-12-2015 by AlaskanDad because: clarification

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think you're going to be surprised with the results of this election.
For better or for worse.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I should have original posted that he has been torpedoed.

He has no chance, the game is rigged.

Yes, we all know it's rigged. Admitting that is the first step. Now it's time to change that. That's what is meant by a political revolution after all.

They used to say the world was flat and if you sailed to far you'd fall off. We proved that wrong.

They used to say man would never fly. We proved that wrong.

They used to say we'd never make a trip to the moon. We proved that wrong.

They said Rome would never fall. Wrong again.

Our history is filled with people proving the status quo wrong in what they say. If it happened before it can happen again.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
For better or for worse.

If you are implying that Hillary Clinton will not be the Democratic nominee you sadly are living in a fantasy world.

Pee Wee Herman has as much chance as Bernie Sanders.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The one axiom you left out should have been 'politics is always corrupt'.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

None of them will help he beat Clinton. The nomination was hers before this cycle began. Just ask Debbie.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I hope Sanders beats Hillary badly.
At least Sanders has never directly armed ISIS.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Are they each giving him a dollar each ?

www.opensecrets.org...

Sorry I know you like him,

BUT:

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

None of them will help he beat Clinton. The nomination was hers before this cycle began. Just ask Debbie.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

They said the very same thing the last time she ran for POTUS and how'd that one turn out?

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

link   
I thought Obama beating out Hillary in 2008 was one of the greatest political upsets.

Do you really think they are going to let it happen twice ... unless Hillary really is headed to the big house.

link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
For better or for worse.

If you are implying that Hillary Clinton will not be the Democratic nominee you sadly are living in a fantasy world.

Pee Wee Herman has as much chance as Bernie Sanders.

As always in a AG (AugustusMasonicus) post, no facts and only his sadly misinformed opinions, but he can post them really fast so we should all be impressed!

NOT!

Note: this is not an attack on the poster, but rather one questioning the quality of his post.
edit on 21-12-2015 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

The one axiom you left out should have been 'politics is always corrupt'.

Which is exactly why it must fail eventually. Sometimes to fall all that is needed is to give it a little push in the right direction.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join