It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpongeBob, Barney promote 'gay' tolerance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
SpongeBob, Barney promote 'gay' tolerance 61,000 schools to receive 'We Are Family' video with lesson plan.

Now this is getting to much, I do not agree with taking an agenda and forcing it down our kids throats. This is just more proof of the agenda at indoctrination of our children.

In a new video to be distributed to 61,000 schools across the nation, homosexual activists are using popular children's TV characters such as SpongeBob SquarePants and Barney the dinosaur to surreptitiously indoctrinate young children into their lifestyle, a pro-family activist group charges.

Where does it stop? Will corperate America also do this? Will they openly support it? The answer is they already are, Levis etc etc and this one:

P&G Chairman Gives Thousands to Promote Homosexual Agenda

A.G. Lafley, CEO of Procter & Gamble, recently gave $5,163 in P&G stock to help the homosexual community repeal a law in Cincinnati that prohibited giving special rights to homosexuals.

In addition to Lafley�s personal contribution, P&G gave $30,000 corporate funds to help push the homosexual political agenda.

�The more we learn about Procter & Gamble, the more we see the company�s close ties with the homosexual leadership. Under the leadership of Chrm. Lafley, P&G has been one of the strongest corporate sponsors of the homosexual agenda in the country.�

In addition to providing funding for the homosexual agenda, the company also approved a leave of absence for a high-ranking P&G official to head up the homosexual effort. The company put out a bulletin to their employees stating that if they did not support the homosexual agenda in Cincinnati, they were �out of step� and that endorsing the homosexual agenda in the city was the �right� thing to do.

source

[edit on 6-1-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, I'm not giving up my Spongebob lounging trousers. I don't care what anybody says.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You sporting wood there Grady?

Disclaimer: This is for purely humourous reasons.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
lol intrepid

So, do the kids have to watch these?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hmmm, the main audience of Sponge Bob are gay people. Not kids.

But Barney? WTF?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
No wood. I still have never seen an episode of Spongebob or the movie, but he remains one of the funniest cartoon characters I've ever seen, next to Hank Hill.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
edsinger no where in your souce did it mention the 61,000 videos. Do the makers of the video have permisson to use the likes of Barney ? otherwise they could be sued,
Hows showing these videos any worse then making kids take the lords pray at school? ( which I had to do in primary school.)

P&G has been a leading sponsor of two homosexual-promoting TV shows�Will & Grace and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, investing over $10 million dollars in just a few months in advertising support for the programs.
You dont suppose they brought advertising in those time slots due to high ratings?

If a company brought advertising in a high rating bible show ? Is the company forcing the bible agenda down our throats or is that ok?

P&G said they refused to support the Ohio marriage amendment banning homosexual marriage, deciding to �let the voters decide.� But they took a different attitude in the special rights for homosexual referendum in Cincinnati, giving money and leadership and encouraging voters to support the homosexual agenda because it was the �right� thing to do.

The owners of the company have stood up for people rights good for them just remember for every person with common sense there is a nut job with a anti gay agenda the person who wrote the article is one of those nut jobs.

Is it any wonder some people dislike the consertive right when they come up stuff like this ? If it wasnt so dumb I would be angry.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hmmm, the main audience of Sponge Bob are gay people. Not kids.

wtf? where did you pull this from?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I also have a pair just like them, my son got them for me and sponge bob is not a 'gay' thing as far as I can tell....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
HEY! Guess what? BULL#! They did a story on this already, and guess what? This whole topic is bull#. It isn't a gay tolerant film, it is Spongebob, Barney, Big Bird, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, and other muppet/puppet/cartoon characters singing "We Are Family". It has nothing to do with gays. The only way to think it involves gay is if you are an idiot. Use google to find the group doing this, the WeAreFamily group. One link takes you to a "We have a gay/lesbian in our family and we love them anyways" while the other 50million sites are the group actually promoting this film. I can't believe we were all duped by the person who made this post. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GAYS!

Edit. Edsinger, did you knwingly put up false information? I think that is against ATS rules. This film has nothing to do with gays. It is, as stated, different muppets/puppets/cartoons singing we are family. That a frog, a pig, a sponge, a dinosaur, so forth, all get along even though they are different ie frog, pig, dinosaur. It never says anything about gays.

Anyways, incase you didn't know you were spewing bull#, look it up before posting it.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This has been posted before, in ATSNN, here is the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here is another link. I am not going to comment in this thread as I already did so in the ATSNN article so if ya want to know what I think of this just look there....

sfgate.com.../c/a/2005/01/20/MNG4OAT7CP1.DTL

another link

[edit on 22-1-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No, this one is older then that I think, just hasn't been posted in awhile.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
No, this one is older then that I think, just hasn't been posted in awhile.

Ooops, didn't check the date oh well ....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Personally I think this is horse #. You want an obviously gay cartoon, propogated by Hollywood, look at Batman circa 1965, they should have been shot for this depiction. Too bad retroactive action couldn't be taken, this is SOOOOO bad.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
For those of you ignoramuses that are intent on propagating ignorance: the site for WAFF, which distributes the homosexual propaganda video, is one and the same that has a "tolerance pledge" and other pro-homosexual items on the agenda. It is an agenda; and it is scary.

It is as unprecedented as it is cunning, using all the right words and happiest faces in an attempt to speak directly to the nation's children about "tolerance and diversity." Once again, of course, those ideas include homosexual advocacy.

On November 10, 2004, a video remake of the song, "We Are Family," was created using the voices and images of over 100 beloved children's TV characters. On March 11, 2005, the video performance will air simultaneously on the Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and PBS. A similar video aired on those networks in 2002. (See earlier story)

The nation's children will be all too familiar with the characters on the video, incuding those from Arthur, Barney, Blue's Clues, Bob the Builder, The Book of Pooh, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Dora the Explorer, Jimmy Neutron, Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, Little Mermaid, Madeline, The Magic School Bus, The Muppet Show, Rugrats, Sesame Street and SpongeBob SquarePants.

Also in March, the DVD of the song will be distributed to 61,000 public and private elementary schools across the country. It will be accompanied by a teacher's guide, designed by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), a group that, among other things, promotes the normalization of homosexuality.

Driving the project is the We Are Family Foundation (WAFF), which states on its website that the song was remixed "to speak the message of diversity and tolerance to elementary school children nationwide."

On the surface, the project may appear to be a worthwhile attempt to foster greater understanding of cultural differences among all Americans. However, a short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality.

WAFF was founded as a non-profit organization in 2002 by Nile Rodgers, who wrote the song "We Are Family" with his late music partner, Bernard Edwards. The WAFF site says that the group "celebrates our common humanity and the vision of a global family ...."

The website is filled with pro-homosexual materials. A "Tolerance Pledge," for example, created by Tolerance.org, part of the leftist Southern Poverty Law Center, encourages signees to pledge respect for homosexuals and work against "ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry."

Most Christians are now aware of what those code words mean, said American Family Association chairman Don Wildmon. "If you are a person who accepts the homosexual lifestyle, then you are tolerant," he said. "If you don't, then you are a bigot who is motivated by ignorance and hate."

One of the teacher's guides available online at the WAFF website is called "Writing for Change: Raising Awareness of Difference, Power, & Discrimination." Full of politically correct lessons on feminism, it is also a primer for teachers who want to indoctrinate children regarding sexual orientation issues.

Lessons include such topics as "Talking About Being 'Out'" and "Uncovering Attitudes About Sexual Orientation." In these lesson plans, teachers are taught how to introduce students to "the concepts of homophobia and compulsory heterosexuality."

According to the teacher's guide, children should be taught to reject the idea "that women are 'naturally' or innately drawn sexually and emotionally toward men, and men toward women," or that heterosexuality is normal and should be the only model for marriage.

Students are expected to be influenced by the lesson plans. One of the follow-up questions asks the kids: "How will understanding these definitions change your thinking about compulsory heterosexuality and homophobia?"

The ADL has partnered with WAFF on the "We Are Family" project in other ways. The WAFF site includes the ADL's pamphlet, "Close the Book on Hate," a diversity tome that normalizes homosexuality. It also contains a reading list for children and adults that includes such homosexual favorites as Daddy's Roommate, Growing Up Gay, Heather Has Two Mommies, Is It a Choice?, Two Teenagers in Twenty, and What If Someone I Know Is Gay?

Wildmon said it is difficult taking a stand against such projects. "Nobody I know has a problem with teaching children to be respectful and tolerant. It is wrong, however, to use such concepts to open the door to a secondary discussion about a controversial subject like homosexuality," he said.

For those people who find it difficult to understand AFA's objection, Wildmon said they should imagine a scenario in which the shoe is on the other foot. "What if these television characters were singing about personality, but then when children went to the website, or when the teacher opened up the accompanying lesson plan, the topic was Christianity?" he said. "A lot of people would be angry with that kind of approach. And that's why many Christians will be upset with the strategy taken by the We Are Family Foundation."

While the March launch of the school project was still a couple of months away, Wildmon advised parents to be on the lookout to see if the DVD, teacher's guide, and other WAFF materials find their way into their local schools.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
GetItRight, you didn't get it right. Yes, the WAFF does that, so does the other WAFF, the ones who made this tape! There are two programs called WAFF. One is tied to tolerance between gays and straights, the other one, the one that made this tape, ISN'T! They have been on tv and explained this. They even, while on tv, did a google search and showed the link to the gay tolerance site, and then theirs. You are right there with the ignorants who think spongebob is gay.

Damn it, I already told this earlier, why does no one read! Do a F******** Google search, yes, one does support tolerance to gays, the other is the one who made this tape! My god, is it that hard? www.google.com is that easier for you? Ignorance like this makes that vein in my neck pop up. The WAFF have already been on tv telling people about the mistake, why only non-christians listen IDK. Is that it? Since it isn't the bible you can't read it? And since not from someone raping your little 8 year old boy you can't hear it? WAFF DOES NOT SUPPORT GAYS! THEY SUPPORT TOLERANCE OF ALL CULTURES AND RACE! Which is why they have a frog, a pig, a sponge, a dog, a dinosaur, so forth, all singing we are family, for even though they are of dif species, they all get along, and so should you, doesn't matter if they white, black, hispainc, arab, or asian, doesn't matter, we are all humans.

Where is my 12 guage? I need to shoot myself in the head to calm down after reading that rant of ignorance. I already posted it, and will say it again, the WAFF that made this film is for TOLERANCE OF RACE/CULTURE! They never say anything about gays, and technically never say anything about race/culture. WTF is wrong with christians? Instead of stopping their leaders from raping 8 year old boys they go after complete and total bs.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Man, come on guys have you ever looked closely at Squidward's, Spongebobs next door neighbors nose? If that dosen't look like something
Seriously, this is ridiculous, I have seen several Spongebob episodes and they never promote anything but laughs. If there is a homosexual character, they have never openly revealed it. Come on, there have always been "questionable" characters throughout the history of TV. I guess this means anything comedians Paul Lynde or Rip Torn have ever done must be confiscated and destroyed

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Watch out for the movie

Sponge Bob and Barney DO Copenhagen!

Coming soon on DVD.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I also have a pair just like them, my son got them for me and sponge bob is not a 'gay' thing as far as I can tell....

Ed, I never liked your posts but I love this one. It's both sincere and funny. I don't own the Sponge items but I passed them 1,000 times in local stores and it never crossed my mind that Bob is bent as a clip. Which brings me to the point that I don't see a huge issue with some people being gay. The whole story with Bob being banned, just shows that we live in a crazy and moderately unfriendly world, and the corporate America of whatever sexual orientation is a looney bin.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that a few days ago I read an article about how the Bob was banned from TV for being gay. I was in total disbelief.

I mean, am I having a bad dream or what.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join