It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Of Thrones Season 6 To Be Watered Down

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
As far as rape scenes go, this one wasn't that bad. Sansa new she would have to have sex with him when she married him.
Of course she didn't want to, but she had to.
The worst rape scene I have seen was the first or second episode of the new American Horror Story.
That was truly disturbing and went on for way too long. Then they go to another scene, come back and its still happening.
And that is on basic cable folks

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: DAZ21

Game of Thrones is the most overrated p.o.s show I've seen. If they didn't throw a nude scene or socially contradicting scene in regularly, it would be the slowest damn show and nobody would watch it.

Seriously, you watch an entire episode and practically NOTHING happens....except boobs.

And they leave you hanging. ..."oh, next episode the dragons are going to kick @ss"....nope, just more drama.

Good riddance

Wow, and I thought I was a hater.

I tend to dislike almost anything made by hollywood nowadays, but I can honestly say I love GoT. The story is what really got me, and I can't wait to see the rest, with or without the boobs. Matter of fact, you could remove all nudity and I'd still enjoy the show.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
American Horror Story (especially this season and last), definitely crosses that line way more often...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The point I was trying to make was that, rape happens in the real world and yes, it's horrible but this was showing the character of Ramsey as we know it.

If Ramsey was to run Sansa a bath and make her breakfast in bed, it wouldn't have been true to his character.

I think the directors knew this would be sensitive hence they didn't show anything graphic. But this is what a Ramsey type character would be like in the real world, which is what makes the characters and fictional world so believable.

If directors are constrained on their artistic license, who's going to be next in line to take offence at over the top violent scenes and the rest? Are we going to have to cut back on that too?

Bad men exist in the world and GoT is a reflection of all the different types of people we have in real life. Should we ignore all the bad things that happen and pretend they don't happen? no.

If the character is a rapist the character is a rapist, we hate him all the more and cry for retribution, but if we hadn't had this rape scene, we might have started to believe Ramsey had a soft part in him somewhere after all.

Having had this scene, we hate Ramsey Bolton and that's what the directors probably had in mind, to keep his character consistent.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There was no REASON for the Sansa rape scene.

We already knew that guy was a SNIP. They didn't have to.

When the 'Iron born' guy lost his blank. That was proof of enough of his 'evilness'.

It did not add anything to the story arc.

I can't think of any reason to watch it now.

Sex scenes gone.

Jon Snow dead.

All we really got left is the dragon queen.

I will finish watching it of course.

Just really not motivated too now.
edit on 22-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Jon Snow dead.

Is he now?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

And what message, exactly, did you take away from the scene?

That child rape is bad?

I feel like most people know this already, so let's not pretend there was some social message being conveyed by the writers, shall we?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Jon Snow dead.

Is he now?

Well I suppose he could come back as an ice zombie.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It would make more sense if a certain red priestess did what her kind have been shown to be capable of.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would make more sense if a certain red priestess did what her kind have been shown to be capable of.

Oh damn.

No more red priestess nudie scenes.

Now I am really bummed.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You people kill me. Bitch and moan about PC culture messing everything up and then complain that a TV show is socially unacceptable and needs to be changed because the message isn't acceptable.

LOL What a joke.

It's a TV show that is known and enjoyed for the fact that it is violent and off the hook. BTW, it's a rape scene, you're not supposed to enjoy it. It's suppose to upset you. That's the point. That is the effect. That is why people watch it, because it's so graphic but you know it's not real. However, in real life even stuff like that and worse do in fact happen.

If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Not every scene needs to have some message behind it that adds to the show. Sometimes it's just to make you hate some characters and get you upset. Everyone who watches the show at this point should know this if you're still watching it.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

And what message, exactly, did you take away from the scene?

That child rape is bad?

I feel like most people know this already, so let's not pretend there was some social message being conveyed by the writers, shall we?

Can't teach people who don't want to learn... I already explained all of this to you. If you can't understand, then I'm not going to waste more time explaining it to you.

Watch some interviews with the AUTHOR....not the writers....to better understand why these arcs are in the story (and the show, considering George RR Martin is a consultant for it).

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yep, we haven't seen the last of John Snow (i.e. GRRM's persona in the story). Authors rarely kill themselves permanently in their stories. My bet is that his "death" needed to happen to transform him into the badass he needs to become.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
And release him from his oath. 'And now his watch is done.'

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And I've already explained way back on page one it's a damn tv show, and a fictional set of books. If you need a fictional set of books and a fictional tv show to clue you in to what's bad in the world, I don't know what to tell you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join