It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. attorneys complicit in arrest of Christians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
U.S. attorneys complicit in arrest of Christians?
Source says homosexual government lawyers advised Philadelphia police at 'OutFest' event

It would seem that more to this story comes out, personally I would like to see the videotape. Christians are under attack unlike any other 'group' in the United States, sad for a nation of free speech and religion isn't it?

Posted: January 5, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Homosexual attorneys from the U.S. Justice Department Civil Rights Division not only attended a large homosexual event in Philadelphia last year, but they advised police on the scene who arrested 11 Christian protesters, says a source within the agency.

According to the Justice Department employee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, a number of agency attorneys from Washington, D.C., attended the October "OutFest" event, and, he says, they therefore are not likely to take up the cause of the five criminally charged Christians who believe Philadelphia officials violated their civil rights.

Source

Officials ban crosses at inauguration parade Christian group protests restrictions imposed in letter from Secret Service

So I guess anything it up for grabs? Will the Bible be used in the ceremony this time? When will it stop?

A Christian group is accusing the U.S. Secret Service of religious discrimination and censorship for issuing a memo that bans Christian crosses from the presidential inauguration parade later this month.

Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, director of the Washington, D.C.-based Christian Defense Coalition, contends the Secret Service has "trampled the First Amendment and crushed religious freedom in the public square."

source

PENNSYLVANIA CHRISTIANS FACE 47 YEARS IN PRISON FOR READING THE BIBLE IN PUBLIC
Philadelphia charges Christians with hate crimes, inciting a riot, and using a deadly weapon.

What we have been saying has now happened. You cannot quote what the Bible has to say about homosexuality in public or you will be charged with a "hate crime." Philadelphia is only the beginning. If we fail to take a stand here, this "crime" will soon be applied across America.

In the 27 years of this ministry, I have never witnessed a more outrageous miscarriage of justice than what is happening in Philadelphia. Four Christians are facing up to 47-years in prison and $90,000 in fines for preaching the Gospel on a public sidewalk, a right fully protected by the First Amendment.

On October 10, 2004, the four Christians were arrested in Philadelphia. They are part of Repent America. Along with founder Michael Marcavage, members of Repent America�with police approval--were preaching near Outfest, a homosexual event, handing out Gospel literature and carrying banners with Biblical messages.

When they tried to speak, they were surrounded by a group of radical homosexual activists dubbed the Pink Angels. A videotape of the incident shows the Pink Angels interfering with the Christians� movement on the street, holding up large pink symbols of angels to cover up the Christians' messages and blowing high pitched whistles to drown out their preaching.

Rather than arrest the homosexual activists and allow the Christians to exercise their First Amendment rights, the Philadelphia police arrested and jailed the Christians!

source

I have been absent for a while and the time I have to spend here has grown sigificantly smaller, by March things should be better. Dont worry though, I am not leaving so cheer up marg.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I wonder why your "sources" wouldn't describe in detail what kind of activities these protesters were actually partaking in. Hhmm...carrying signs and "preaching god's word". They make it seem like there were some kind christians out there just trying to inform these homosexual sinners of which passages in the bible related to them and why their sould would possibly be burning in hell.

Unfortunately, I think we know how beligerent these so-called "voices of god" can become and that is probably why they were arrested. Find an article from a non-biased source and maybe us here at ATS will get the whole story.

The outfest was supposed to celebrate tolerance and when you have "protestors" spreading "intolerance" they walk a fine line on spreading hate and threats and disturbing the peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ledbedder20
The outfest was supposed to celebrate tolerance and when you have "protestors" spreading "intolerance" they walk a fine line on spreading hate and threats and disturbing the peace.

This "tolerance" y'all speak of is a very exclusive tolerance. It seems that if people's beliefs disagree with your own, well, those you don't have to be tolerant of. However, they have to be tolerant of your beliefs. After all, you're you.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm surprised at your sources also, edsinger. Why didn't they report the fact that at one point, the gays surrounded the protestors with pink insulation and bubble wrap in an attempt to contain and silence them?

Where did I get this information? From one of the gays actually involved, as he admitted to it on the O'Reilly Factor this week.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ED! Where have you been? I missed you.

Look we tried, but 47 years was th best we could do. Personally, I was trying for a much stiffer fine, but every time I said "stiffer fine", those pesky Christians dropped to their knees and repented for their impure thoughts.

What that was about, I couldn't tell ya.

Seriously though, it's great to have you back. We've been real busy prosecuting Christian patriots while you were away. Hey, you know, anything to irritate Bill O'Reilly and the anti-secularist bomb throws out there, ya know what I mean?

I mean, we can't be too careful nowadays. We just can't let Christians roam free, we really need to put them in camps or something.

FREEDOM CAMPS!

Hey, we're onto something here. Freedom camps and liberty fences. Just think, Ed, then we'll all be free to be anti-god, devil worshiping heathens!
Long is the day and hard is the road we travel to reach such a glorious, impure place under the sun. But, with your help, I think we make such a perfect place.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am a straight man. I worked security in a mixed night club for nearly 3 1/2 years. The club was gay owned and managed, the crowd - mixed. We had "Christian Activists" voice their freedom of speech rights many times.

Here is an example of the "loving christians" peaceful protesting dialog:

"F@ck you you f@$king fa##ot's!! God hates you and you are going to burn in hell!!!"

"Die f@gs!!"

"Go back to the pit of hell you f!ggots crawled out from and die!"

"God is going to punish the wicked."

Let me appoligize for my colorful examples here, and if I get another warning for my views so be it. These people would stand on the corner not 15 feet from the entrance to the club and scream at the top of their lungs. One New Years Eve (the bible pusher's come out in force on new years) I calmly looked over to one who was directing his "love" my way. I simply said "Was it not Christ himself who said Let he who is free from sin cast the first stone?" I then said "Those are some pretty strong words coming out of someone's mouth holding a bible". The look on his face changed, he turned beet red, then proceded to spit in my face and scream obscenities at me regarding my assumed sexual preference - except he didn't know I was straight. I would have been WELL within my rights to drop him to the ground, but I simply stepped back, wiped off my face, and told him he had 20 seconds to get the hell off the property of the club. Not 5 seconds later, a cop had done it for me, had watched the whole thing. The man was arested for a hate crime (which the charges were dropped due to my note being gay)
. I have nothing against Christians, hell most of the people I know are Christians. But the difference between them and these morons who scream and preach hate, are that they LOVE AND ACCEPT EVERYONE regardless of their personal beliefs because THAT IS WHAT CHRIST TAUGHT. If all homosexuals are going to burn in hell, why do hardcore conservative christians care?

How many "hardcore" homosexuals have been seen protesting christian gatherings??

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Is this a rehash of an old post of yours Ed?

Maybe if Christians didn't attack and label homosexuals as sinners and as being immoral, they wouldn't be attacked back?

Think about it, it is very, very simple.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Christians are under attack unlike any other 'group' in the United States

What? They most certainly are not. I don't see people burning crosses on christians lawns or stringing up christians to trees or dragging them by pickups or making them register or infiltrating churches or going out 'christian bashing' and beating a bunch of them up or anything. Christians are not being persecuted today.

Homosexual attorneys from the U.S. Justice Department Civil Rights Division not only attended a large homosexual event in Philadelphia last year, but they advised police on the scene who arrested 11 Christian protesters, says a source within the agency.

So? Who's persecuting who now? Whats it matter that they are homosexuals? The fact that they are attorney's is more indicative of low moral fiber than anything else. Oh, and aren't these homosexual attornies christians themselves?

A Christian group is accusing the U.S. Secret Service of religious discrimination and censorship for issuing a memo that bans Christian crosses from the presidential inauguration parade later this month.

And what other religious symbols are being allowed? Maybe the 'christians' should take up their 'persecution' with GWB, since he controls the Secret Service.

A videotape of the incident shows the Pink Angels interfering with the Christians� movement on the street,

Actually this is not how it went down. The Repent America people were of course allowed to be there, but they were not allowed to interfere with the event. They, however, chose to do so and start trying to break thru the lines of the Outday people, just like the year before. They were the ones interfereing with the groups movement. The Outfest people were prepared from previous experience and had a small group at hand to prevent them from doing this. They weren't interfereing with their movement. And they weren't arrested for preaching the bible, they were arresting for disturbing the peace, it doesn't matter that they were using the bible to do it.

holding up large pink symbols of angels to cover up the Christians' messages and blowing high pitched whistles to drown out their preaching.

You mean their shouting at the Outfest people in an attempt to disrupt their meeting? Thats whats supposed to be preaching?

Rather than arrest the homosexual activists and allow the Christians to exercise their First Amendment rights, the Philadelphia police arrested and jailed the Christians!

Becuase they broke the law. And why is it homosexual 'activists' and 'radicals', but this radical activist christian group is just 'christians'? They went to the meeting to confront the Outfest people, they were the more radical activists of the two groups. And when all is said and done they were the ones who started the whole thing off by repeatedly, last year and this year, of breaking thru the lines of the Outfest people. The christian group was, i beleive, specifically instructed not to interfere with the Outfest group as a condition of their permit and they broke that condition. Break the law go to jail. Not particularly complex.

I have been absent

I had figured you were over in PTS actually, hope everything was well in your absence for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Nygdan, I am shocked and pleased with your response. You summed up the legalities of the situation as well as I could and showed these guys a little logic. Unfortunately, people think that throwing a religious label on an activity exhonorates them from the repurcussions of breaking the law. It's good to see that this government hasn't completely turned it's back on the seperation of church and state and is still protecting it's citizens from dispicable acts of intimidation and harrassment.

Tolerating intolerance is not tolerance, it's giving into intimidation and sacrificing your right to be who you want to be. A gay man saying he's gay doesn't effect anyone around him, but the man telling the gay man that he's going to burn in hell because he's a fag does effect the recipient, at least a little. I don't like rap music, so I don't listen to it, but I don't think that the people who actually do like it should stop listening to it because of my personal tastes. It's the same situation guys, we're all free to be who we want to be, but being tolerant of each other's differences means we shouldn't have to deal with criticism, threats, harrassment, intimidation and verbal abuse every time someone doesn't agree with a harmless lifestyle choice.

I've never heard of pro-choice supporters fire bombing a church or gays marching through a christian rally, big difference between tolerance of beliefs and spreading hate and fear.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't think the "crackdown on Christians" is really anything to worry about.

Nor do I think homosexuals, or anyone else for that matter, should care what they think.

BUT, we do have free speech and know that hate speech should be allowed.

Hate crimes need to be eliminated as they are only adding to prison time for no purpose but to make people feel better about a bad situation.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
While I think 47 years is ridiculous (and will never happen) the event was not a peaceful preaching on the side of the parade as Ed would like you to think. The peace loving Christians shoved their way through the crowd to the podium where they tried to drown out the speakers with a bullhorn, if I am correct.

Ed would you have been as concerned about Gays busting into a prayer meeting, shoving their way to the alter and trying to drown out the Preacher with a bullhorn shouting all Christians would burn in hell?

Would you be "shocked" when THEY TOO were dragged off to jail for trying to disrupt a peaceful gathering? I think not.

While 47 years is stupid, being arrested and fined and maybe a few days in jail might teach them that this is AMERICA and other people have rights even if YOU don't like it.

And BTW if you beat someone to death with a Bible would that also be Christian Persecution if you were arrested?

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
agreed. The consensus seems to be that the christians were the guilty party, and although I don't know the specific details, if they were indeed breaking up a peaceful gathering, then they should be prosecuted.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
LoL .... I was going to quote that idiotic phrase that you just said. But ... decided not too. Anyhow ... God is beligerent, he does wahtever he wants to, his people will never be hurt, if they are in his will. So christians on this site the end times are coming and they will be here before we know it. But do not be afraid and remember no man knows the hour. As much as I wish that I knew when Jesus, Savior, Messiah is coming back I do not. But be very cautious because in the bible it did say that Babylon will rejoin and that will be the last thing that has to happen before Jesus comes back. The seasons are already changing we barely know when it is summer or winter. It hasn't snowed in Corpus Christi for 107 years. The greatest natural diasaster that has ever occurred just happend.

What are we doing with our lives ??

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
What are we doing with our lives ??

So, I shouldn't be putting a deposit down on anything, right?

JEEBUS IS COMING BAAAAAACK!!!!!!

Your religion exploits the weak and the addle minded. It recruits the desperate and breeds intolerance. There is a fundemental difference between worshipping Christ and worsphipping the church of Christ.

Live for God, stop living for the church. Jesus wouldn't want you to hate anyone, especially gays. Jesus doesn't want you to be rich. Jesus would be mortified by the homesless on the streets and the pollution in the skies. Jesus doesn't like guns and he wouldn't invade countries. Jesus doesn't care if you swear or if you enjoy sex. He does care if you hate and spread fear in his name. Jesus might have been coming back, until he took a good long look at what he was coming back to.

Then decided against it.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
Live for God, stop living for the church. Jesus wouldn't want you to hate anyone, especially gays. Jesus doesn't want you to be rich. Jesus would be mortified by the homesless on the streets and the pollution in the skies. Jesus doesn't like guns and he wouldn't invade countries. Jesus doesn't care if you swear or if you enjoy sex. He does care if you hate and spread fear in his name. Jesus might have been coming back, until he took a good long look at what he was coming back to.

Then decided against it.

Excellent point! I voted for you for way above top secret.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Those damned liberal politicians and polices. It's the seventh frickin' seal. They are persecuting the Christians...or...

Snope's...the official debunker

The evangelicals (now commonly referred to as the "Philadelphia 11") had, according to police, acted in a disorderly manner at this gay pride event, blocked a public street, and disobeyed police orders. Each of these protesters was removed from the scene (some in handcuffs) and consequently charged with the following misdemeanors: criminal conspiracy and disorderly conduct, failure to disperse under official order, obstructing the highway. Some were further charged with felonies.

Acting in a disorderly manner? Failing to disperse? Obstructing highways? Say it ain't so...say it ain't so. You do know that is a crime, Ed? Now follow me, which would make them "criminals", would it not Ed? And what do cops do with the Christian criminals? They do the same thing with the homosexual criminals, Jewish criminals, Church of Satan criminals, white criminals, Mexican criminals, Black criminals, and any other criminals you can think of. They arrest them, charge them, and stick em in a cell until bond has been made.

Chances are, the 47 years won't stick. I too believe hate crime punishment is stupid. It is one of the blemishes on the legal system that will hopefully be removed.

But don't worry, your Christian pals will be out soon and be back oppressing people.

[edit on 1/19/2005 by OXmanK]

new topics

top topics

join