It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity uncovers mysterious minerals in Martian drillholes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Nah..., you just believe you own the truth and there is nothing more than whatever you call science.

Your posts are your opinion, your opinion is what NASA or a book tells you. All borrowed.

Right or wrong, I rather follow my own mind and heart.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Nah..., you just believe you own the truth and there is nothing more than whatever you call science.

Have you even been reading this thread?

You stated: "I don't need NASA to tell me that there is life in other planets and I think we agree on that." and "Looking for bacteria in other planet is like looking for ET pooh to confirm ET exist. "

NASA's Curiosity rover isn't directly looking for life on mars. Here's it's intended mission:

investigation of the Martian climate and geology; assessment of whether the selected field site inside Gale Crater has ever offered environmental conditions favorable for microbial life, including investigation of the role of water; and planetary habitability studies in preparation for future human exploration.
Link

Your argument makes no sense because it's based off of a false premise. This is not a matter of even stating my opinion, I'm just showing you how your argument makes no sense to the topic at hand.

When did I ever deny that my view of the existence of intelligent beings outside of Earth?

Your position in this thread has been absurd since your first comment, and evidently is continuing onward.

Your posts are your opinion, your opinion is what NASA or a book tells you. All borrowed.

And what opinion might that be? So far everything you've written in this thread is based off of falsehoods within your analyzation skills. What does NASA have to say about Alien Life?:

~ "I think we're going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade, and I think we're going to have definitive evidence within 20 to 30 years," NASA chief scientist Ellen Stofan (Link)

Believe it or not, but I don't hang on every word that NASA says. I'm sure many, if not all, researchers in NASA (and other space exploration ventures) believe that it's nearly impossible for there not to be life outside of Earth, so I have no idea what makes you so upset about their position.

I believe that there is life (of all stages of advancement) outside of Earth. Do I have proof? No. That's why I don't claim my belief is 100% obvious fact. I've formed this conclusion on evidence that other planets have similar, and in some cases identical, conditions we have on Earth. I've formed this conclusion based off of evidence that we've seen life here on Earth survive in a number of environments that we previously thought weren't able to sustain life. I've formed this conclusion based off the evidence that in the grand time scale that the Universe has existed in, life on Earth has been around for only a fraction of the time, leaving life elsewhere to arise far sooner than life on Earth.

Yet, despite all these observations, I will never definitively claim life exists because we still have yet to conclusively and collectively observe life outside of Earth. It would be both irrational and intellectually irresponsible to prematurely assume with absolute certainty.

Right or wrong, I rather follow my own mind and heart.

You're more than welcome to do so. However, if you incorrectly represent the goals of Curiosity's mission, and how science functions, that inaccuracy deserves to be proven wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yet, despite all these observations, I will never definitively claim life exists because we still have yet to conclusively and collectively observe life outside of Earth. It would be both irrational and intellectually irresponsible to prematurely assume with absolute certainty.

Hahaha....., coming from someone with an ET eating a snack as an avatar.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Ah. I guess you're just a troll then?
edit on 22/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Ah. I guess you're just a troll then?

Sorry man, I just couldn't resist it. Come on brother, ATS is supposed to be fun.

I respect your ideas regardless what I think about them.

Hey...., Merry Christmas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join