It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics, why doubt ufo's?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

thats a possibility, the non-interference aspect. We are being watched and examined, and have been for perhaps thousands of years. They are keeping tabs of our use of weapons, mainly of the nuclear type. They are also probably checking to see if we are able to gather enough intelligence together to get out of the climate mess we have gotten ourselves into.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: MDT20
My perspective after reading available ET & UFO material on the web is that it is highly probable they exist and have interacted with Mankind and that our Military may posses real TR-3B craft.
Maybe ETs follow a kinda Star Trek 'Prime directive' or could be Gene Rodenbery got the idea from ET

Or maybe it is all just a social phenomena. When you look at the historical path of UFOs they started very simple (flying saucers) with humanoid aliens just like our first simple ideas about them. As society has grown with books, movies, beliefs etc so has the UFOs ever grown into advance space machines, multi levels of aliens and deep story lines, so either UFOs in the last 50 years have super advanced or our imaginations has grown them into what we see them like today.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But I AM saying that the basic argument of "The Universe is big, therefore aliens are here." is not a very good argument, even though it's been used a thousand times on ATS alone, by a lot of people who are unaware they are not the first person to have said it. Once you have spent about ten years reading up on the subject so that you are thoroughly familiar with all the theories, all the players, and with a solid background in the subject, THEN come back here and start lecturing us on UFOs.

I agree with your overall point. Did you need to be so rude to make it? You're like some cranky old SOB chasing cats off of his lawn.

Ufology is a backwash of nothing. It's a dead end street in a hall of mirrors. Yu guys have got NOTHING after decades. And here you order some 7 post newbie to STFU and go away for TEN YEARS. Kick the dog man, kick the dog.

J Allen Hynek is weeping for you
edit on 21-12-2015 by bonesymphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MDT20I've seen one. A noble gesture, indeed. Let people know there is something going on. Well let me save you some of your precious life. Don't bother. They don't want to know, plain and simple. Flood your life with understanding and let the rest worry about themselves. No matter what you do, you can only change You. Anything other than that is an exercise in futility. Good Luck.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

thats a possibility, the non-interference aspect. We are being watched and examined, and have been for perhaps thousands of years. They are keeping tabs of our use of weapons, mainly of the nuclear type. They are also probably checking to see if we are able to gather enough intelligence together to get out of the climate mess we have gotten ourselves into.

Maybe they are waiting to rape, pillage and plunder out planet and eat anything that moves? That is what we would do....just saying..

I think we are coming to a point that we realize water is common in the universe, maybe not like we have here, but it is common, all the other elements would not be too hard to get either with advance tech compared to invading and going to Fort Knox.

So why come in the first place? The "to watch us mature" is a rather weak idea in they would need to know where we are in the first place, not an easy task. We also put human like thought on them, and you must remember they would be from another planet, evolved in a totally different way, they would not be human like.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's not UFOs I doubt. It's someone saying "I saw something and I don't know what it was. Therefore I know what it was...aliens from another planet". The logic escapes me.

Also I know Polar Bears exist but they never come to visit me. Thus your logic that just because aliens exist they must be visiting earth fails for similar reasons. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but there's no logic in your argument since the existence of aliens does not imply that they are visiting Earth.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bonesymphony

But I AM saying that the basic argument of "The Universe is big, therefore aliens are here." is not a very good argument, even though it's been used a thousand times on ATS alone, by a lot of people who are unaware they are not the first person to have said it. Once you have spent about ten years reading up on the subject so that you are thoroughly familiar with all the theories, all the players, and with a solid background in the subject, THEN come back here and start lecturing us on UFOs.

I agree with your overall point. Did you need to be so rude to make it? You're like some cranky old SOB chasing cats off of his lawn.

Well, maybe you should keep your cats off his lawn!

Harte

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It would be very ignorant and arrogant to assume or say that ufo's don't exist when there are thousands of reports from all around the world, be it from the military and other credible sources or common people who witness ufo's and even film the phenomenon.

I think you'll find that many UFO skeptics here started out as believers , some of us have been into this subject for decades and disbelief in Alien piloted UFOs stems from lack of tangible evidence not the desire to disbelieve.

Just because you haven't seen a real ufo in your life, dosen't mean that the phenomenon is not real or that it dosen't exist.

I have seen a real UFO , I don't know that it was Alien though so why would I assume it was ?
I don't doubt there are other civilizations out there but I need evidence of their existence before believing they are coming here.

This
/

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Most "alien visitation of earth" skeptics I know about seem to think it is probable that life exists elsewhere in the universe. Their issue isn't "is there other intelligent life in the universe?" but rather "is there any solid evidence that Earth is being visited by intelligent aliens?".

Those are two separate questions. Your argument seems to address the idea that there are probably intelligent aliens due to the shear size and scope of the cosmos. However, the argument about UFO sightings = solid evidence of alien visitation is lacking.

I, just like most of the alien visitation skeptics I know here on ATS, feel that it is within then realm of possibility that aliens are visiting Earth, but I don't think there is real evidence to say that they are. But I also certainly feel that it is highly probable that ET exists elsewhere in the universe.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

Do we monitor how much methane those nasty cow are polluting our air with? I would think an advance species would look at us the same...hehe

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Certainly not me...I believe. But we need to find another term for it other than "UN-IDENTIFIED Flying Oject"...because that definition only helps skeptics with their points.

You cant say what they are because after all...by definiton..they are un-identifiable objects that are flying! But we also cant call them "saucers", "spaceships" or "motherships"...because of the above: "un-IDENTIFED"

And that fuels the skeptics....

edit on 21-12-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

But we need to find another term for it other than "UN-IDENTIFIED Flying Oject

A perfectly good term already exists that doesn't carry with it the Alien spaceship connotation ... UAP , for some reason people like to cling to the UFO description.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Your response is near perfection and priceless
in tone!

I came out of lurking for 4 months just
to pay you that compliment.

Wish it could be stickied at the top of
the forum.

-Kev

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Skeptics come in general classifications:
Those that cannot accept anything that the government doesn't acknowledge or approve.
Those that cannot or will not think beyond the reasons for the governmental denials.
Those that have personal reasons (jobs/careers) such that they must appear to be skeptics.
Those that know the terrible secrets that the constant denial keeps hidden.
(Rest assured the whole field of science is included in the use here of the term "government.")

You seem to represent a "free thinker" as Ben Franklin and fellows of his era used to call themselves.
But given the words of your OP, just how free is your thinking? Let us test the limits.

Do you accept, first, that UFOs are, in deed, alien craft?
Do you accept they may have been coming here for eons?
Do you accept they may have influence human origins?
Do you accept they may have influenced human history by interjections of science and technology into early cultures?
Do you accept they may have influenced ancient wars if not have directly committed warfare on early civilizations?
Do you accept they have given evidence for telepathic communication with humans?
Do you accept they may have actually altered human DNA during their reported "medical exams" of tens of thousands?
Do you accept they may have a master plan to reshape the human race into a higher form of consciousness?
Do you accept that this DNA driven dynamic is evident in the world today in several ways, including in a political sense?

Whatever your stopping point on your way down my short list, surely, you can now grasp why it is far, far safer to be a skeptic than any kind of a "UFO believer."

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think being a open minded skeptic was how I looked at it, I have been a Astronomer and even a limited Astro photographer for about 10 years and up until 2013 I had never seen anything that even came close to being what I could consider a UFO. I did see satellites and other natural phenomena almost every night but nothing to amazing.

Then I was with a friend showing her the night sky from a dark sky site in Kent and it "happened", we was looking north and I was setting the bino's up to view M81 and M82 when we both noticed a slow moving single dot of light about 40 degrees up from the horizon, it was moving east and at first I thought it was meteor but then I noticed that it was blocking out the back ground stars in what looked like a massive triangle shape with a large heat haze behind it. We watched it for about 10 seconds then it vanished. We both looked at each other and was like WTF was that, she was looking at me like I would have a answer and I had no idea what it was??..

So that sealed the deal for me I had witnessed what I considered to be a UFO but it had taken 1000's of hours of staring at the sky in many different places around the globe for me to see one that I had no way of explaning.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
You're lucky slider1982
what I saw was a shadow zooming past the night sky and could not get a shape

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah, the universe is full of many marvels. And one of those marvels just might be that out of all the billions and billions of suns and planets and moons floating around in it there is only one place where all the chemicals just happened to fall into place such that they're curiously able to make duplicates of themselves.

Now that would be really marvelous!
edit on 21-12-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I think being a open minded skeptic was how I looked at it, I have been a Astronomer and even a limited Astro photographer We watched it for about 10 seconds then it vanished. We both looked at each other and was like WTF was that, she was looking at me like I would have a answer and I had no idea what it was??..

The big question is, was it Lockheed or Boeing... Just playing, but it is a good point...

edit on 21-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

There are several types of skeptics who post here at ATS on this subject. Some are just civilians who mean no harm and are bonafide skeptics, which is not a problem at all. It is my opinion that there are also representatives of several three letter agencies who monitor this site for certain types of posts, UFO reports being one of them. These individuals like to refer to witnesses as 'believers', while downplaying any sightings which might garner any attention from google searches.

So, in my humble opinion, it's not that there are so many vocal skeptics here as there are social engineers, if you will.

Thanks for fighting the good fight and asking a perfectly logical question OP. Don't expect much here besides resistance, however.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think you'll find that many UFO skeptics here started out as believers , some of us have been into this subject for decades and disbelief in Alien piloted UFOs stems from lack of tangible evidence not the desire to disbelieve.

I just for the life of me can't see how one can be "into this subject for decades" and totally denounce ET Earth visitation. Years of research would alert you to why there isn't tangible evidence provided for public domain. Despite that desired proof, it seems rather ignorant to dismiss everything that has been brought to the table throughout these decades. To start out believer now turned skeptic is like moving backwards towards the truth.

edit on CSTMon, 21 Dec 2015 18:09:40 -0600000000America/ChicagoDecAmerica/Chicago404009pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join