It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland kicks off HX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Finland has started the process of replacing their F-18 fleet. They formally notified the governments of France, Sweden, the UK, and the US that they would be contacting five manufacturers about seven types of aircraft.

The formal RFI will drop in March, with responses due by October. The RFP will be in 2018, with selection by 2021. The types they are seeking information on are the Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen, F-15, F-18, F-35, and F-16.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I hope whatever they will buy i could sleep at night when they flyby... Actually our aircraft right now has had its expiration date so to speak. I don´t have mch good to say about our current government but our defence minister does see the problem of our capability of defending our borders and is doing something about it. I guess he is atm only minister who sees more further than next day.
edit on 21-12-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I wouldn't count on it, unless you can sleep through the Hornets. The F-35 is slightly louder, and the others are similar noise levels.

It's good to see him taking steps now, unlike the US. The current fleet is approaching 20 years old so it's a good time to replace them.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Seems like a big spread of aircraft, so suspect the RFI is to inform what their budget can buy?

F-16 are still available?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

The RFI narrows down capabilities and cost and let's them narrow down cost estimates.

There are several F-16s available.
edit on 12/21/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The RFI narrows down capabilities and cost and let's them narrow down cost estimates.

There are several F-16s available.

Are the F-16 new build or could that include Mitsubishi or build under licence? Is there still a production line I mean.

Surely they will go with F-35.
edit on 21 12 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

All F-16s through Lockheed come from Fort Worth.

new topics

top topics

join