It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: It’s the media’s fault that people are worried about ISIS, you know

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Thanks for the interview link. I will listen to it in its entirety today. I've had my coffee, so I should be in a right frame of mind to process what was said. From what I do remember, Obama seemed to blast the media for reporting on the tragedies, yet seemed ok with the reporting on social justice issues such as the stars and bars and allowing college kids to make the discussion about removing these "images and icons" of hatred.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's also the media's fault that people are worried about mass murders with guns belonging to Americans. But, that's not his agenda so he doesn't care about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
he is simply running out of people and things to blame. when will the president start blaming himself? is there anything he has not blamed yet? what a joke.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
He's right to an extent.

People are freaking out about ISIS and the media is to blame. They make it a bigger deal than it is. We could be killed by a crazed woman in a car, as we had in Vegas the other day. People get shot by thugs every day. Drunk people run you over. You could be killed walking past a planned parenthood center by a wacked out Christian as we had the other month. But we can't be afraid, and we can't let the government take away our freedoms because of our fear.

Be vigilant. Train to be aware and to fight and to use force multipliers, but do not live in fear. I don't even watch the news on TV but I read way too many articles on the internet. And way to many fear mongering threads on ATS. LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
he is simply running out of people and things to blame. when will the president start blaming himself? is there anything he has not blamed yet? what a joke.

He even blamed Bush for "bringing the troops home" after he realized his idea was a bad idea.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You are so correct. After listening to the interview again, he doesn't appear to blame the media for the fear of ISIL (face masks and black flags). I don't agree with Obama all the time, but on this issue, he does seem correct. If there were NO media, who would spread the issue of terrorism. On the flip side, if conspiracy holds true, then isn't the media another arm of the government anyways?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408
Well, that's the lefty talking point of the century, is it not? That's coming from a former "impeach bush" lefty (me). Now I choose to pick neither side and just shake my head and face palm both parties and both extremes.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: amazing

You are so correct. After listening to the interview again, he doesn't appear to blame the media for the fear of ISIL (face masks and black flags). I don't agree with Obama all the time, but on this issue, he does seem correct. If there were NO media, who would spread the issue of terrorism. On the flip side, if conspiracy holds true, then isn't the media another arm of the government anyways?

Yes! I agree...the media is another arm of the government. It's not as overt as, say in Russia or North Korea, but our media is told what to say in many instances. Even CNN whom I used to hold as pretty fair and informative...I can see them clearly in the pocket of Clinton in this election cycle. Sickening.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
But he's telling the truth. Most of the ISIS threat is over blown propaganda. Have you met anyone from ISIS yet personally? If not, how do you know they are coming to kill you?

Tell me about it! US folks are 50 times more likely to be killed by a cop or 1000 times more likely to be murdered by a non muslim. But hey that's inconvenient to the agenda : brainwashing which stops people from thinking about and confronting the real problems in society.

ISIS are evil and must be confronted but they are absolutely NOT a rampaging army trampling across Europe like the Nazis. They are an evil cult with a stronghold in a broken region of the middle east that occasionally succeed in striking out beyond that stronghold.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
I think the issue is more with the inspiration they provide to disenfranchised youth across the globe and the media is their major outlet to provide that propaganda. And for free I might add.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
He's right.

We are safe and comfy consumers. There is no ISIL threat here. We buy and eat and go to ATS FFS!
Wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join