It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: It’s the media’s fault that people are worried about ISIS, you know

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Another no-content post eh?

Look at your own hypocrisy ... here's what Obama actually said in the linked clip (again):

"The media is pursuing ratings ... and this is a legitimate news story."

"... the actions of ISIL are designed to amplify their power."

No one here is "calling anyone out" on anything ... modern-day wingers are all merely raucous voices in the same choir, like squawking parrots trying to make themselves sound important ... yeah, you do crack me up ... repeatedly.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You right-wingers, known for coining phrases like "lamestream media," hate Obama so much that when he claims the EXACT SAME THINGS you do on a REGULAR BASIS (i.e. that the public is manipulated by the media) now "The Press" is the sacred bastion of free speech and the fight against tyranny ...

You absolutely crack me up. LOL

Are you denying that Obama uses the media to manipulate the country?

Are you denying that the media is used to manipulate the country?

LOL ... that's what the media DOES.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're littering the field of ignorance with facts again, Krazy ...

(Keep it up, LOL)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You're putting their actions aside because they "only killed 14 out of 300 million people." You're asking posters if they know any ISIS people personally. You're putting it out there as though there's nothing to worry about just because it's a small amount of deaths. If you don't care about the threats then that's on you, but it makes you sound defensive about ISIS the way you're coming across.

Just so we're clear, ISIS doesn't have to hit you to have an effect on you, they could easily unibomb a low security power plant near you and knock you back into the 19th Century where you'll be dead within a week or two from domestic rebel gangs sweeping through and killing you for your food, water, and batteries. But I'll let you be more concerned about lightning strikes and Republicans.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Blah blah blah. More stuff to try to over inflate a non-existent threat. I like your quip about Republicans and lightning though. Really drives home your partisan slant in this nonsense debate.

Leading Causes of Death

Heart disease: 611,105
Cancer: 584,881
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 149,205
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 130,557
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,978
Alzheimer's disease: 84,767
Diabetes: 75,578
Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 47,112
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 41,149

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tonycodes

I doubt you bothered to watch the video and see what Obama actually said in the much ballyhooed right-winger blog page, so I'll give you the relevant parts (and you can see for yourself) ...

Those are the only two statements in the clip regarding media and ISIS.

Those are the facts, rather than the interminable "well, Obama said this and Obama did that" BS that's being perpetuated here.

If you want to live your life terrified ... do so ... ISIS wins.

But there is no reason to lie about what the President actually said ... /shrug

You have a habit of thinking everyone is doing something they're not.

Calling obama out on his hypocrisy doesn't mean people want to live their life terrified.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Well, yes. The media is guilty of drumming up fear to push gun control, but it also promotes mass shootings by giving the offenders the celebrity status they want. The funny thing is that Obama doesn't seem to have a problem with any of that.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You've twisted the words of everyone else to benefit your worthless argument that nobody is arguing about except for you. I don't think you understand the point of this thread. Maybe you should come back later. You're even posting the part of the video that you consider relevant while discounting everyone else and calling them the hypocrites. Good job. You get an F for effort.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You DO understand that it's a non existent threat because of the security measure we employ (military, TSA, NSA, etc). If there were no barriers to entry, the threat might be more than just dozens of people dying in the United States every year.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Sure do. That's why we have them. So why do we need more?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Of course I understand the point of the thread ... more Obama-bashing and chanting the right-wing cant.

I haven't TWISTED anything, I quoted Mr. Obama ... hadn't you bothered to actually review WHAT THE MAN SAID?

Why don't you address what Obama ACTUALLY said, rather than spouting off about anything and everything else?

Why do you think anyone is interested in your rather ... unique ... judgement on things anyway?

Play the ball, leave me out of it, if you have facts, or relevant arguments related to facts, post away.

Your constant commentary on irrelevancies, picked nits and other posters (99% of what you do) is utterly boring.

Get new material.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Squawk goes the parrot.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: neo96

Obviously the media is a fear machine and clearly has been pumping out ISIS this and ISIS that for years now, Fox News is the worst of all.

Are you just dumb ?

They want to kill us.

Hate America that much...Please leave.

I'm more scared of the muslim haters than I am of ISIS.

It's all fear induced hate mongering.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

"utterly boring" yet here you are...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Let's break it down for simplicity, eh? ... in the video embedded in all the right-winger tripe from the OP ... Mr. Obama says two things related to the topic:

Do you disagree that the American media pursues ratings? Do you disagree that ISIS is a legitimate news story?

Do you disagree that ISIS wants to appear as powerful as they can? (to inspire more terror and expand their nominal political influence, you know, kinda the definition of what TERRORISM is???)

I see you quickly run out of bullets when confronted with actual facts, LSU ... not surprising.

Oh, and Go Tigers! ... heheh.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

2 or 3 times I have read in this thread where you said "I am leaving this thread" or "I am done" or "I am out of here" - cannot remember exact wording, yet you are still here.

Why are you still here if you keep spouting off that you are leaving? Is it simply YOUR own brand of propaganda? (keep talking about something, but no action) hmmmmm

Dorian Soran

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can listen to the interview at? I heard some of the interview yesterday but was working so I was only able to hear a bit of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's difficult to dispute that some media sources rile up the easily excitable members of our society. In my opinion, currently, those media sources are almost exclusively anti-Obama, and spend almost their entire day broadcasting anti-Obama / Anti-Government content, often with a decided slant to the right. It's called freedom of the press, and freedom of speech. We are getting dangerously close to the point where free speech crosses over to incitement however, again in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Wow, I went to your link and it's a very biased right-wing website

Yeah And ?

Quoted directly from another source.

There was an included video. From CNN

So the 'problem' is WHAT ?

The Problem...Where to start??

Uh...the headline..."Obama: It’s the media’s fault that people are worried about ISIS, you know"

Pres. Obama Never Said that...NOT EVEN CLOSE..

What did he say?

Well "Hot Air" does it's best to slice his comments completely out of context and you still get something that says nothing close to their spin..

“a saturation of news about the horrible attack there,”

“If you’ve been watching television for the last month, all you have been seeing, all you have been hearing about is these guys with masks or black flags who are potentially coming to get you,” he said in the NPR interview.

“So I understand why people are concerned about it.”

“Look, the media is pursuing ratings,” he added later. “This is a legitimate news story. I think that, you know, it’s up to the media to make a determination about how they want to cover things.”

hotair.com...

Lets take a look at WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID IN THAT INTERVIEW

"I think that it is very important for us to understand this is a serious challenge. ISIS is a virulent, nasty organization that has gained a foothold in ungoverned spaces effectively in Syria and parts of western Iraq."

"We have to take it seriously. They've shown in Paris what they can do in an organized fashion, and in San Bernardino what we've seen is their ability to proselytize for their perverted brand of Islam and spur small-scale terrorist attacks. And those are very difficult to detect, so it is going to be important for us to be vigilant. "

"But it is also important for us to keep things in perspective, and this is not an organization that can destroy the United States. This is not a huge industrial power that can pose great risks to us institutionally or in a systematic way. But they can hurt us, and they can hurt our people and our families. And so I understand why people are worried."

"The most damage they can do, though, is if they start changing how we live and what our values are, and part of my message over the next 14 months or 13 months that I remain in office is to just make sure that we remember who we are and make sure that our resilience, our values, our unity are maintained. If we do that, then ISIL will be defeated."

www.npr.org...

How to say this...

I am deeply ashamed of my fellow Americans looking to offer ISIS ransom by way of our founding principles...

Fear mongering encourages cowardice amongst the susceptible...We are not bigots or facists...ISIS will lose and so will the bigots and fear mongers...That is just a historical certainty. I sympathize with those that will have to live with their rhetoric and the cowardly policies they cheered for once the fight is over.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join