It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: It’s the media’s fault that people are worried about ISIS, you know

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just two weeks ago the hypocrite said this:

Finally, if Congress believes, as I do, that we are at war with ISIL, it should go ahead and vote to authorize the continued use of military force against these terrorists. For over a year, I have ordered our military to take thousands of airstrikes against ISIL targets. I think it's time for Congress to vote to demonstrate that the American people are united, and committed, to this fight.

I guess these were just empty words that were so worthless to him that he actually forgot he uttered them.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Was that in this thread? If not what's the point of your character assassination?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He's right though.

If he could just shut down the media then no one would know there was anything they needed to worry about. We'd be like those three monkeys: see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil. And when we exist in that state, we fear no evil.

Another way to say it is that ignorance is bliss. Ignorance is also so much easier to control ...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I am not sure what you are trying to accuse me of.

This thread is about Obama blaming the media so I quoted his own speech to point out his blatant hypocrisy.

You do know those are obama's actual words, right?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

I WANT the media to tell me that which Obama refuses too...the truth. We pay him for it, not the media.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat
Well, he is right though.
It is the medias fault. THeir bottom line requires your fear and attention.

It's still hypocritical when he pushes the media to cause fear to further his agendas, then complains when they push an agenda that is not his.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ohh, for the days when the speed of news traveled the world as quickly as the fastest horse.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: NowWhat
Well, he is right though.
It is the medias fault. THeir bottom line requires your fear and attention.

It's still hypocritical when he pushes the media to cause fear to further his agendas, then complains when they push an agenda that is not his.

True, although I can't think of any politicians who don't like the media if they go along with what they think and more or less dislike them, if they don't help with their agenda. The same goes for a bunch of other people, including the OP.

Pot meet kettle as usual

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is more trying to have it both ways. Nothing makes me happier than to see someone try to play both sides of the fence and finally get caught on one side. I'm looking forward to his real agenda to come out once his term is over. And he acts like such a sore loser. He used to be all happy when he first took office now he seems like he wants to take his toys home bc he couldn't do everything exactly the way he wanted as president, who acts like that? I hope he at least acts grown up for the rest of his term and not a powty president that resents his own country.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You right-wingers, known for coining phrases like "lamestream media," hate Obama so much that when he claims the EXACT SAME THINGS you do on a REGULAR BASIS (i.e. that the public is manipulated by the media) now "The Press" is the sacred bastion of free speech and the fight against tyranny ...

You absolutely crack me up. LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

What's happening here is the media is no longer in his back pocket as far as they were so this is really just a last ditch effort to get them back in with his bullying tactics. He's gonna try to tell them not to cover anymore terrorist attacks. Guarantee you he'll make sure they cover that next American shooter though.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Are you discounting the truth because it was an op ed from someone else? It was a video in an interview.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Entertaining part is there is much more going on than meets the eyes and ears.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Careful, you're treading the line and teetering on defending ISIS just so you can draw a straw man for a poster on the other side of your political party. It's unhealthy if the other side of politics can affect your life that much.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You right-wingers, known for coining phrases like "lamestream media," hate Obama so much that when he claims the EXACT SAME THINGS you do on a REGULAR BASIS (i.e. that the public is manipulated by the media) now "The Press" is the sacred bastion of free speech and the fight against tyranny ...

He's claiming that ISIS isn't actually a big threat. And that they just seem big bc of the media and now it's scaring people. That's a problem, that's not a good stance to have as the president of the USA. I can't believe your post actually has the most stars on this page. The trolls and insiders are strong I see, but not very believable.

edit on 22-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

If you want to interpret that as defending ISIS then you really don't care about having an honest and unemotional debate. Don't interpret statistics like that as a defense of ISIS. Statistics and data aren't your enemy, even when they paint a picture you don't like. This is why I left the thread so early during the debate, because people who don't care about those things decided to follow similar lines of thought as you are exploring there. It is dishonest and just a deflection tactic though. So don't expect me to entertain you with a conversation when I wouldn't engage the others with this idiotic hyperbole.

I regret NO part of the words I said there. 14 people out of 300,000 is a minuscule amount of deaths. There are things in this country that kill FAR more Americans than Muslim terrorists that are WAY higher on my list to worry about. Let me make this REALLY clear to you. ISIS. Doesn't. Scare. Me. At. All.

Hell I just posted a thread about Baltimore breaking a record of homicides in the very city I live. Yet I'm not even terrified of that. Even the 300 or so deaths out of the total number of people in the city is minuscule.
edit on 22-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Was that in this thread? If not what's the point of your character assassination?

Character assassination: the malicious and unjustified harming of a person's good reputation.

Quoting what he said isn't character assassination. Not to mention, he has a terrible reputation.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Except none of us said that. Everyone is calling obama out on his hypocrisy. That must really crack you up.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

I doubt you bothered to watch the video and see what Obama actually said in the much ballyhooed right-winger blog page, so I'll give you the relevant parts (and you can see for yourself) ...

"The media is pursuing ratings ... and this is a legitimate news story."

"... the actions of ISIL are designed to amplify their power."

Those are the only two statements in the clip regarding media and ISIS.

Those are the facts, rather than the interminable "well, Obama said this and Obama did that" BS that's being perpetuated here.

If you want to live your life terrified ... do so ... ISIS wins.

But there is no reason to lie about what the President actually said ... /shrug

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Are you denying that Obama uses the media to manipulate the country?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join