It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: It’s the media’s fault that people are worried about ISIS, you know

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: reldra

That is a lot to blame on one person who is not in control of any of those things.

Obama is in control of those things.

After all that is the PRESIDENT's JOB.

They set POLICY.

No President ever has received the same free reign as Obama.

He could of done great things.

He is a total and complete failure.

Even cheating to win a second term.

What free reign more than other presidents? Be specific.

He certainly is not a complete failure, though mainstream conservative media would lead you to believe that is true.

Cheating to win a second term? Please elaborate.

He used the IRS to eliminate his opponents. They admitted it.

To me, that's cheating...

I still am not following you. He did run against people and won. How did he 'use' the IRS?

Lois Lerner, remember her ?

The completely shut down the Tea Party. That was the opposition.

They admitted it and apologized for it, after he was elected.

The IRS targeted many non profit groups of all kinds. The IRS gave documents to the FBI they weren't supposed to. The documents were returned. It was investigating non profit groups for giving political donations. The investigation was done the wrong way.

I think the Tea party still exists, not sure that is a good thing.

This did not effect the election. No one is 'eliminated'.

The republican party was the opposition. The Tea party is...I am not really sure what.

Respectfully, you're just wrong.

Some people were attacked by six government agencies for trying to form a group.

These groups were not given a tax number.

I started a very large non-profit and without that Tax ID you can't do anything.

No Tax ID...No Insurance. You can't get 1000"s of people together uninsured.

So yeah they cheated. Was Obama directly responsible ?

That has not been proven...

What people?

You personally started a large non profit and could not get a tax Id number? Did they say why?

My group wasn't Political...It is a non-profit for kids.

The Political groups, mostly conservative by their admission.

Were held for extra scrutiny. Meaning, sit on these groups until after the election.

Some groups were sent letters among other things asking what they prayed about.

It was actually brilliant if you support Obama...

I have posted the information. It was not mostly conservative groups. The IRS did not destroy the tea party. I have no idea why you didn't get a tax number. It appears they were looking more closely at non-profits in general, especially if you didn;t get a number.

And, again, only one group that already existed as non profit, a Democrat group, lost tax exempt status.

They already admitted it. Lois told a group of lawyers and it was revealed.

You have the right to your opinion. But, they admitted it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh you have simply got to be kidding me Mr. President? Really it's the media's 'fault' ? Since when did you not like the media Mr. If i had a son he'd look like Trayvon. Mr. The police acted stupidly. Mr. Gun violence. Mr. Mass shootings, Mr., Blacklives matter. Now suddenly the savior of the republic is blaming the media because Americans are worried about ISIS?.

Brilliantly said.

He LOVES the media when it pushes his agenda's. Now when the media exposes him for the fraud he is. He's all 'hurt'.

Sad thing is that is what most politician do. Also it's happened so many times with Obama you would think he knew how to handle the media by now.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You are joking right?

Not when the GOP stated we will do everything we can to block a second term and not compromising on anything.

Over 60% of promises made while running has been kept, lowered government spending and wall street is doing better than ever. Yeah what a failure. History will actually look at him as one of the better Presidents.

Yeah getting the most votes is cheating. Got a link to back up that statement?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: whyamIhere

You are joking right?

Not when the GOP stated we will do everything we can to block a second term and not compromising on anything.

Over 60% of promises made while running has been kept, lowered government spending and wall street is doing better than ever. Yeah what a failure. History will actually look at him as one of the better Presidents.

Yeah getting the most votes is cheating. Got a link to back up that statement?

Hey, Merry Christmas Buster...🎄

I was waiting for you to show up and parse my posts.

I mean every word of it. But, I suspect you already know that.

I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Always love a NEO thread, I find it interesting how he manages to interpret what is and get it completely wrong.

“If you’ve been watching television for the last month, all you have been seeing, all you have been hearing about is these guys with masks or black flags who are potentially coming to get you,” he said in the NPR interview. “So I understand why people are concerned about it.”

“Look, the media is pursuing ratings,” he added later. “This is a legitimate news story. I think that, you know, it’s up to the media to make a determination about how they want to cover things.

He is stating that the media is using fearing mongering to garner ratings and to make Americans have an irrational fear that ISIS is around every corner out to get you. Yes there is legitimate concerns about radical individuals but to make people think that ISIS is in America in full force is a bunch of lies.
edit on 21-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

And I always love that people make excuses for the blamer in chief.

Quite the dichotomy don't ya think ?

Obama loves the news until he was 'against' it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think Yoda was onto something folks:

I'm going to keep that picture handy...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think these guys were.

So I think I will keep this one handy.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And I always love that people make excuses for the blamer in chief.

No excuses just used common sense and was able to comprehend what he actually said. Notice that in no way did I make up anything to fit my own views..

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yeah it was thanks to the media the ACA was 'passed'.

It was thanks to the media he got all the kiddies from Sandy Hook to come to the White House to EO signings.

It was thanks to the media that a 'little' boy that make a clock got a White House visit.

It was thanks to the media that was telling us all how 'awesome' he was for single handedly killing Bin Laden.

It IS thanks to that media telling us how 'bad' gunz are.

It IS thanks to that media telling us now 'bad' cops are.

It is thanks to that media telling us all how the climate is out ta git us.

So no.

Obama 'chastising' the media doesn't fly.

Not by a New York minute.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So, you believe that "the media" is a source for truth, justice and the American way now?

Do you disagree with the idea that "the media" is basically manipulating and controlling American public opinion?

Really?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Feel free to quote where that has been said.

Do you disagree with the idea that "the media" is basically manipulating and controlling American public opinion?

I will say it for the LAST time.

Obama DOES NOT have a problem with it when it suits his AGENDA.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So basically, you have no problem with media that use fear mongering tactics?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

So basically, you have no problem with media that use fear mongering tactics?

We know OBAMA doesn't when it suits his agenda.

Which is the TOPIC after all.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I'm asking you a question: do you believe that the American media acts in the interest of the people, or that it is truthful?

Do you believe that the media is used to manipulate public opinion on hot-button topics?

I'd love to hear your statement on those issues, particularly, as they relate to what Obama SAID not what you THINK ABOUT HIM.

Thank you kindly.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I was going to post a funny yoda pic in response to your yoda pic, but I seem to be having difficulties

To quote it,

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to stress, stress leads to doobies, and doobies lead to twinkies."

But sonewhat on topic, Obama chastising the media seems a bit hypocritical, considering the media is the unofficial "4th branch of government." It is like if I started chastising my arm. Only my opinion, I am still new, so sorry if i did this wrong.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Barzad because: Ninjas are attacking me with chainsaws made of kittens

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yesterday Obama revealed his plans after leaving office.

"Yes, its true. I plan on being a top advisor to ISIS when leaving office. It will be a seamless transition, and after all, I've been very successful dividing the country? After two terms as President, I'm privy to military strategy and weakness. Besides, would anyone really be that surprised?"

It was all over the news yesterday...surprised theres no thread on it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

six67seven, can you provide a link to this news? If true, then he basically admitted to conspiracy of treason.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barzad

six67seven, can you provide a link to this news? If true, then he basically admitted to conspiracy of treason.

Youre new so ill point you to ATS rule #891 (exactly!!, they have too many rules!!)

ATS rule #891 clearly states: Always holster a fully charged BS meter.

You can find the full page of terms and conditions under terms and conditions....but yeah, I cant remember where I read Obamas quote.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I appreciate the pointer, sixxy. It's weird being the FNG

Back on topic, so what do you think of Obama's chastising of the media for "ISIS overexposure"?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join