It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: It’s the media’s fault that people are worried about ISIS, you know

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Every-time I put your family in danger? What on earth are you talking about? So acknowledging that propaganda is real means I'm putting your family in danger and that I'm a coward? Okay then...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yeah pretty much, kinda like another awful conservative blog, The Gateway Pundit. Those who lean far to the right always post these hardcore right wing websites and many ATS'ers eat it up.

That's the thing. If you don't have the cash to start the next FoxNews, you just create a slew of blogs and pay people to give what I call "Conservative Book Reports" on actual news stories from the main news outlets.

That's all these websites do...they just take bits and pieces of real news articles, inject their own commentary and spit them back out. It's kind of like doing a book report for school. You summarize what you think was important and give your own little spin on how you feel about it.

It's not real news, it's opinion ... and I felt that members ought to know that, considering I get hammered from 10 ways to Sunday for even using Wikipedia as as source (as it too is apparently just as biased).

I mean, quotes from the OP's article like this:

The problem in this case isn’t the media. It’s the man who wants to keep shifting responsibility from himself to any entity handy on his way to vacation.

^^ That's clearly is showing a bias. The entire article is hyping and fear mongering over ISIS.

It's only prudent to check the vibe of the source when reading things people post online, and make sure to ask what the agenda is behind ANY piece of "news" ... because every source, no matter how impartial has it's own biases somewhere.
edit on 21-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Every-time I put your family in danger? What on earth are you talking about? So acknowledging that propaganda is real means I'm putting your family in danger and that I'm a coward? Okay then...

What part of the are trying to kill us don't you understand.

Your "oh,it's only propaganda" is getting old. We are in danger.

Bodies are piling up...Its way past propaganda.

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

14 people dead out of a population of 300 million. Those are some SCARY odds man.

It is scary if they were your family or friends. Your post seems to be light-heartedly dismissing their lives as less important because one life is less that 300 million lives. IT is that type of attitude that encourages people to do bad things because nobody will care about 20 people out of 300 million.

Actually, it's how you put things in perspective so that you don't make irrational decisions based on emotion because say your family was just killed by a terrorist.

I may not agree with you all the time, but I did think you valued human life more than that.

Sorry, I don't let appeal to emotion fallacies dictate my decision making. I like statistics and hard data instead. It gives you a clearer picture.

In any case, have fun with your ISIS whine fest, I'm done. I said my piece. Clearly it is inciting hostile attitudes towards me so I'm not going to partake anymore.

link   

There's a ton of personal commentary mixed in with the quotes from CNN. I don't know why this is so hard for you understand?

This is an opinion piece on a blog, not news from a news agency.

News agencies like CNN pay people to go out into the field and obtain quotes, facts, interviews from people. The first block quote above starts off with a bloggers slanted political opinion.

That doesn't mean his points are invalid.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh I know, and I'm with you on this but Neo isn't the only one who is guilty of posting these biased and often deceitful sites. How many times do people read a thread but never click on the link? How many times do they just accept what's quoted and written in the OP as fact? Probably happens a lot and that's why everyone should always check the OP's sources.

I've ask before if ATS could ban The Gateway Pundit just like they do Beforeitsnews because both sites push BS mixed in with current events.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Valid" or "invalid" is in the eye of reader with pre-conceived ideas and beliefs.

To me, the author tries to spin the thing back onto Obama, when just about everyone can agree that the media does a darn good job hyping and fear mongering. Hell, the article itself is just one such example of it.

If you already have similar views as the blogger who wrote the linked article, sure the points are going so be valid to you. It's all about where your mind is already at.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Oh I know, and I'm with you on this but Neo isn't the only one who is guilty of posting these biased and often deceitful sites. How many times do people read a thread but never click on the link? How many times do they just accept what's quoted and written in the OP as fact? Probably happens a lot and that's why everyone should always check the OP's sources.

I've ask before if ATS could ban The Gateway Pundit just like they do Beforeitsnews because both sites push BS mixed in with current events.

Yes,

Because a blog doesn't agree with my opinion. It has to be wrong.

Now, you want to censor...Things are indeed becoming clearer.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No.

The only thing taken from that page was the headline, and THIS:

But he also pinned Americans' renewed unease about terror attacks on U.S. soil to blanket media coverage of ISIS attacks. The November ISIS terrorist massacre in Paris, which left 130 people dead, led to "a saturation of news about the horrible attack there," Obama said in the interview.

Carry on about 'right wing' this, Right wing that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The media didn't create ISIS.

Obama's policies did.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

14 people dead out of a population of 300 million. Those are some SCARY odds man.

I am bookmarking this post for the next 'mass shooting'.

And see how well it goes over.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"Valid" or "invalid" is in the eye of reader with pre-conceived ideas and beliefs.

To me, the author tries to spin the thing back onto Obama, when just about everyone can agree that the media does a darn good job hyping and fear mongering. Hell, the article itself is just one such example of it.

If you already have similar views as the blogger who wrote the linked article, sure the points are going so be valid to you. It's all about where your mind is already at.

That's not how it works unfortunately. To agree or disagree on the basis of which politics the person adheres to is wrong and applies to everyone. Refute his arguments; it's that simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Just so you know, ISIS want's to kill everyone, not just you and your family. Good news for you though, ISIS is stuck in the Middle East. How can ISIS hurt you? Well, their only real hope is for a homegrown American to suck up all the propaganda and declare allegiance to them in an act of killing you and your family.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Absolutely I don't agree with the bloggers opinion but the reason it should be banned is because he's putting out false information to suit his political agenda. Let me guess, you're a fan of his work eh?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Actually, the Iraq invasion was the birth of ISIS since many of it's leaders are former Saddam military officers.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Just so you know, ISIS want's to kill everyone, not just you and your family. Good news for you though, ISIS is stuck in the Middle East. How can ISIS hurt you? Well, their only real hope is for a homegrown American to suck up all the propaganda and declare allegiance to them in an act of killing you and your family.

If you don't mind. I will make my families safety decisions.

What happens when ISIS get a weapon of mass destruction ?

What will you say then...The wind doesn't blow this way much.

Sorry, I don't take your word for anything.

(post by whyamIhere removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

What part of the are trying to kill us don't you understand.

Your "oh,it's only propaganda" is getting old. We are in danger.

Bodies are piling up...Its way past propaganda.

Good grief...has Armageddon arrived?

When people let their emotions override commonsense, everyone loses...except govt, of course.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Am I making safety decisions for your family now?

What happens when ISIS gets a WMD? Are you suggesting they're gonna fire off a ballistic missile from Iraq, Libya, or Syria to the USA? Are you suggesting they're gonna make their way from the Middle East with this imaginary WMD and smuggle their way into the USA AND then set it off? See, you're living in a state of fear that has no basis in reality. If anyone should be concerned about ISIS and WMD it's the Muslims living in the Middle East.

You don't take my word for anything? What does that even mean?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The media didn't create ISIS.

Obama's policies did.

Obama personally created ISIS.

When he campaigned on ending the WAR in Iraq and left the power vacuum.

Now he is telling us to basically 'ignore' ISIS.

When politicians tell you to fear a,b,c,d, and tell you to IGNORE E.

Run like hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join