It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: It’s the media’s fault that people are worried about ISIS, you know

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
But he's telling the truth. Most of the ISIS threat is over blown propaganda. Have you met anyone from ISIS yet personally? If not, how do you know they are coming to kill you?

Tell that to my 14 neighbors that were just killed.

Are you out of your mind ?

A person like this (the poster you were responding to) will never stray from the party line until the bad guys are on their front steps with a gun to their face (or of their family). Then, maybe, they will see the threat. Yet they are the first to scream for proactively destroying our Constitutional rights when it is convenient.

I sure hope, I really do, they do not find out that way. I hope they can realize the threat before it gets too late.

edit on 12/21/2015 by Krakatoa because: clarified my stateent to avoid misunderstandings

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Just getting started with the name calling?

The Muslims are coming? Is that a book I should take seriously? Was it written by the Aryan brotherhood?

Do you deny we live in a world of propaganda whose main goal is to deceive and create a world of fear?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Wow, I went to your link and it's a very biased right-wing website

Yeah And ?

Quoted directly from another source.

There was an included video. From CNN

So the 'problem' is WHAT ?

Gee, I don’t recall Obama complaining about media ratings when they covered his ridiculous claim that “al-Qaeda is on the run” back in 2012.

He didn't did he ?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So the author is just a blogger, regurgitating news from CNN, adding his own spin and passing it off as "news". It would be like someone on CNN taking some opinion off of ATS and passing it off as news.

Just the facts ma'am...just the facts. We have enough personalities around here to spin even the most factual story on our own...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Just getting started with the name calling?

The Muslims are coming? Is that a book I should take seriously? Was it written by the Aryan brotherhood?

Do you deny we live in a world of propaganda whose main goal is to deceive and create a world of fear?

Yes, I deny that and think you are a fool.

They killed my neighbor's, I'm supposed to wait until they show up here.

You believe your own BS ? With the bodies stacking up, you still deny.

Weak

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"It's not ISIS's fault we fear ISIS, it's our fault". This narcissistic and masochistic attitude is very prevalent these days.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

But he's telling the truth. Most of the ISIS threat is over blown propaganda. Have you met anyone from ISIS yet personally? If not, how do you know they are coming to kill you?

You live in San Bernadino? AND on top of that, you personally know all fourteen people who were killed? What about the 22 people who were injured? Do you know them too? Or just the people who were killed?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

14 people dead out of a population of 300 million. Those are some SCARY odds man.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Care to try AGAIN?

Look at things from Barack Obama’s perspective. Since when do jayvee teams rate such intense media coverage, anyway? When asked by NPR why (a) people have less confidence in his ability to keep the nation safe and (b) are more worried about ISIS in particular than ever, the rational response would be to point to the attacks in Paris and San Bernardino. Instead, as CNN reports, Obama answers (a) by claiming that the White House has not done enough … in bragging about what they have done.

Which link direct here.

And the EXACT quote comes from.

But he also pinned Americans' renewed unease about terror attacks on U.S. soil to blanket media coverage of ISIS attacks. The November ISIS terrorist massacre in Paris, which left 130 people dead, led to "a saturation of news about the horrible attack there," Obama said in the interview.

www.cnn.com...

Who knew Cnn was 'right wing'.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yeah pretty much, kinda like another awful conservative blog, The Gateway Pundit. Those who lean far to the right always post these hardcore right wing websites and many ATS'ers eat it up.

link   

You live in San Bernadino? AND on top of that, you personally know all fourteen people who were killed? What about the 22 people who were injured? Do you know them too? Or just the people who were killed?

One of my houses is two blocks from there.

My sister lives in the house...Close enough ?

link   

OMG ! ! ! ! ! ! !

link   

I'm not saying it's wrong to report it. It's really a double edged sword. Some people let terrorism or mass shootings over take their sense of rational thinking. I think Obama wasn't making the case that the media shouldn't be reporting it, rather than the media sometimes over emphases it just to get ratings.

Just as an example, CNN was reporting on the terrorist attack in Paris 24/7 for a week straight! They kept repeating the same information over and over again. I mean give it a break until something new breaks! It's pushing the fear factor over and over again in some people's minds.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

14 people dead out of a population of 300 million. Those are some SCARY odds man.

It is scary if they were your family or friends. Your post seems to be light-heartedly dismissing their lives as less important because one life is less that 300 million lives. IT is that type of attitude that encourages people to do bad things because nobody will care about 20 people out of 300 million.

I may not agree with you all the time, but I did think you valued human life more than that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Seems I made the right choice about ditching cable those years ago. I realized long ago the media has a vested interest in keeping the public in a state of panic.

Just last night 33 people were taken to the hospital with injuries unknown how many died because of a drunk driver and her assault vehicle. I read about it on here.

I will be more cautious this holiday driving, but ISIS isn't a worry and I don't want to ban all vehicles or drinkers from entering the country.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Great so I found the ONE guy on ATS with a personal connection to the people in San Bernadino. Well in any case, my point still stands. Your odds at being killed by a Muslim terrorist, even one from ISIS are WELL below 1%. The only reason that you even know about them is because of the media (I definitely feel safe in saying this because I know you didn't first hear about ISIS back at the beginning of December).

But hey, I don't fee like being in a shouting match today with a bunch of pissed off conservatives. I see people are already starting to make stuff up about me (as evidenced by the guy who responded to your first post directed to me), and you just defended him (despite knowing next to nothing about me). So enjoy your thread I'm out. I don't have time to waste on petty ad hominems.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

There's a ton of personal commentary mixed in with the quotes from CNN. I don't know why this is so hard for you understand?

This is an opinion piece on a blog, not news from a news agency.

News agencies like CNN pay people to go out into the field and obtain quotes, facts, interviews from people. The first block quote above starts off with a bloggers slanted political opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Seriously? You deny that and you are calling me the fool? It's no my own BS, it's fact and pretty much everyone on ATS is well aware of the media and their propaganda.

Angry much though?

I told you I'm just getting started.

I will reply ever time you try to put my family in danger.

I have had it with cowards.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join