It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli settler provokes Palestinian tour guide and Norwegian group in Sheikh Jarrah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: coolieno99

Many of these IDFs and "police officers" are settlers themselves.

Conscription is mandatory in Israel, thus both settlers and Arabs are serving in the IDF.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

I know what it means to be a zionist in Israel and elsewhere.
It can only be viewed considered as patriotic if you consider Israel has to exist to fulfil a certain 'ideal'.
And that's the pursuit of that 'ideal' that is fuelling the 'problems' Israel has to deal with atm.

Ever consider all the contradictions you can find in the expression 'secular zionist' ?
What could the convictions of theses individuals be made of ?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
On my phone and I can't upload an image. If someone could upload it for me, it'd be much appreciated.

Pictures say a thousand words!

Palestini an loss of land

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

I know what it means to be a zionist in Israel and elsewhere.
It can only be viewed considered as patriotic if you consider Israel has to exist to fulfil a certain 'ideal'.
And that's the pursuit of that 'ideal' that is fuelling the 'problems' Israel has to deal with atm.

As I said, for most Israelis there are no "certain ideal". Most Israelis do not hold their breath waiting for a time in which Israel will be a Jew-only state.
Only religious fanatics want this.
Most of Israelis were born in Israel. Thus, if Israel will stop to exist, their homeland will stop to exist. Like in every other country Israelis will do everything to protect their home. In Israel, to say "I'm a Zionist" is to say "I will do everything to protect my homeland".

Ever consider all the contradictions you can find in the expression 'secular zionist' ?

Never actually considered it, but I see you point. In my opinion there is no clear answer for this, as Zionism includes both secular and religious elements.
Even Judaism is hard to define. For me it's just a religion, thus an atheist can't be a Jew. But the religion it self does not care in what you believe, you can be a follower of Allah or Chris, you are still a Jew.

edit on 24-12-2015 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bidgie

On my phone and I can't upload an image. If someone could upload it for me, it'd be much appreciated.

No problem pal.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

40% of Israelis think 'Jewish State' law would damage the country

75% of Israeli Jews Oppose Palestinian State on '67 Lines

As of now only Yesh Atid, the Joint list and the Meretz have a 'progressive' stance on settlements. That's 29 out of 120, less than a fourth thus perfectly in line with the second poll. People get the politics they vote for.

But the religion it self does not care in what you believe, you can be a follower of Allah or Chris, you are still a Jew.

Err no ... or not as of Israel at least. That's the problem imo for a country that hasn't yet (officially) proclaimed itself as a Jewish state. And the problem lies in the fact that 'Jewishness' is originally a religious concept.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

In Israel, "Zionist" is a synonym for "Patriot".

When in truth it should be a synonym for "betrayers of our faith".

Forming the state of Israel before God says so goes against the will of God. But seeing how Zionist follow the Talmud instead of the Jews true holy book the Torah God doesn't matter anymore.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
a reply to: bidgie

No problem pal.

Prove that it's a lie. Oh yeah that's right you can't can you.

You need to find better Zionist propaganda.
edit on 6730000000731America/ChicagoThu, 24 Dec 2015 09:10:07 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

As of now only Yesh Atid, the Joint list and the Meretz have a 'progressive' stance on settlements. That's 29 out of 120, less than a fourth thus perfectly in line with the second poll. People get the politics they vote for.

You forgot the Zionist Union... and Meretz got 5 mandates in the end so it's actually 53 out of 120.
In 2006 the same people voted in a government which offered to the Palestinians the east bank and west Jerusalem to establish a state on as a part of a peace agreement (Annapolis Conference).
The government before that evicted all the settlements from Gaza and gave control of the strip to the Palestinians.
Do you think the population in Israel changed that much? Right wing minded people just popped out of nowhere?
In my opinion, many Israelis just stopped believing in the peace process as they where disappointed by it many times before.

Palestinians terror organizations obsessed with killing Israeli civilians.
The Israeli government is responding with un-proportional force.
Radicals on both sides gain more and more support in their population.
This is how right wing Israeli parties and Palestinian terror organization maintain the conflict.

"But the religion it self does not care in what you believe, you can be a follower of Allah or Chris, you are still a Jew."

Err no ... or not as of Israel at least.

Why not? You only need to prove that your mother is a Jew and both Israel as a state and Judaism as a religion will accept you as Jewish, all while you live your life as a Christian/Muslim.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Prove that it's a lie. Oh yeah that's right you can't can you.

What is a lie? Your map shows the U.N partition plan... I don't understand what I need to prove here...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Israeli settlers are cultists. Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

When in truth it should be a synonym for "betrayers of our faith".

Ok, if you say so.

Forming the state of Israel before God says so goes against the will of God. But seeing how Zionist follow the Talmud instead of the Jews true holy book the Torah God doesn't matter anymore.

Yeah... I don't know, and don't really care.
The guys from your photo - can be found on both sides of this debate. Both are religious idiots who think that the world was created 5000 years ago, so... I wouldn't recommend paying too much attention to what they have to say.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Israeli settlers are cultists. Plain and simple.

Right on the spot!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You forgot the Zionist Union...

Not building outside existing settlements block is supposed to a progess ?

Palestinians terror organizations obsessed with killing Israeli civilians.
The Israeli government is responding with un-proportional force.

Israeli apartheid state embarrassed by the need of ethnic cleansing of indigenous populations.
Palestinian resistance targeting indistinctly civilian and military targets.

How to distort rhetoric when it's all you have left.

Why not? You only need to prove that your mother is a Jew and both Israel as a state and Judaism as a religion will accept you as Jewish, all while you live your life as a Christian/Muslim.

BS - lies - disinfo - propaganda whatever you want.
Re-watch the previous video to have a glimpse of how things are acted practically as of the Israeli jurisprudence.
There is no such thing as a non-kosher Jew.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Not building outside existing settlements block is supposed to a progess ?

The will to evict all the settlements (except a couple large ones), and allow the Palestinians to establish a state of their own is progress, specially if you take a look at the current government.

Israeli apartheid state embarrassed by the need of ethnic cleansing of indigenous populations.
Palestinian resistance targeting indistinctly civilian and military targets.
How to distort rhetoric when it's all you have left.

Lost me here... I was under the impression that you want to have a discussion.

BS - lies - disinfo - propaganda

What is?

There is no such thing as a non-kosher Jew.

What is a kosher Jew?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The will to evict all the settlements (except a couple large ones), and allow the Palestinians to establish a state of their own is progress, specially if you take a look at the current government.

OK, but that is not the will of the Zionist union which is to build exclusively houses in existing kibbutz. Not to stop the settlement process.

What is a kosher Jew?

As of Israel, a follower of Judaism.
Or even a secular individual who endorses its core principles (no need to be a zealot indeed).
Why does one need to prove Jewishness through mother ancestry ? Because the religious text said so ... do you think it's consistent for a so-called secular state ?

As explained in the video, you can be a war-hero from a well-known family, if you turn to Christianity : no more law of return.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

OK, but that is not the will of the Zionist union which is to build exclusively houses in existing kibbutz. Not to stop the settlement process.

I think you are confusing something... maybe this was their goal in the 50's.
The Zionist union is the biggest supporter of two state solution in Israeli politic system.

As of Israel, a follower of Judaism.

Nope. Don't need to be a follower of anything.

Or even a secular individual who endorses its core principles

Now you got it right. You can be an atheist (or agnostic) and be excepted as Jewish.

Why does one need to prove Jewishness through mother ancestry ? Because the religious text said so ... do you think it's consistent for a so-called secular state ?

No it's not. Israel has additional laws that are based on religion but that doesn't mean that it is a religious state.
Poland does not allow same sex marriage. Why? Because the religious text said so... does this make Poland a religious state?

As explained in the video, you can be a war-hero from a well-known family, if you turn to Christianity : no more law of return.

There are about 160,000 Christian Israeli citizens. You need to visit Israel and actually speak with some Israelis....

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I think you are confusing something... maybe this was their goal in the 50's.
The Zionist union is the biggest supporter of two state solution in Israeli politic system.

I don't need to be confusing anyone to try to sound convincing.
Here is the statement of the Zionist union leader of the subject, it's from 2015 you know ...
Herzog: I won’t build outside settlement blocs

There are about 160,000 Christian Israeli citizens. You need to visit Israel and actually speak with some Israelis....

Not him I guess ...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Knesset Passes Controversial Settlement-funding Bill

A law regulating the transfer of government funds to a group whose projects include paying for construction in West Bank settlements was passed in the Knesset late Wednesday night after a stormy debate.

The law is meant to circumvent a legal opinion issued by Deputy Attorney General Dina Zilber in early 2015. That opinion barred all government allocations to the World Zionist Organization’s Settlement Division, an agency the state has funded for decades, on the grounds that it operates in a legal gray area.

Though the opposition tried to filibuster the bill, sponsored by MK Bezalel Smotrich (Habayit Hayehudi), it wasn’t able to keep it from passing. The law passed by a vote of 53 to 48, with one abstention — MK Eitan Broshi (Zionist Union).

The law is meant to address several of the problems Zilber cited in her opinion and to formalize the government’s relationship with the Settlement Division. It authorizes the government, with the WZO’s permission, to transfer certain governmental responsibilities to the Settlement Division. To carry out these responsibilities, the division will be authorized to take any necessary action — including allocating funds, doing planning and development work, issuing tenders and providing advice and assistance to settlements — subject to cabinet resolutions and agreements between the government and the division.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join