It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guns control, Vegas driver and blaming inanimate objects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
Someone needs to propose some type of law that will also make it illegal to drink alcohol and drive afterwards.

You simply cannot tell another person what they can and can't do with their body!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The witness went on to say "As this unfolded, the only thing I recall as this happened is the insane sound of her car accelerating and the voice from the car was screaming "Allah Akbar!" I've heard the sound enough times on the news that I was waiting for a bomb to blow up or guns to start firing. "

This was an act of Islamic Terrorism, perpetrated by an Islamic woman driving a car with a three year old child inside, who INTENTIONALLY rode onto the sidewalk to strike innocent people. Police, however, have been instructed by their superiors to NOT use the word "terrorism" in relation to this incident, because Las Vegas does not want tourists to be frightened away from the city.

TERROR ATTACK IN LAS VEGAS! Woman Driver, Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Runs Over 40 people on Las Vegas Strip

So far, one person from a blog is saying this. (As I understand it).

We have no real verification yet.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

edit on 21-12-2015 by uncommitted because: will re-send

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: butcherguy

No suicides are included in those stat unless suicide/ murder, so you are wrong, and i'm not a gun grabber

I didn't say that you were a gun grabber.
I am glad to hear that you fully support the Second Amendment to the US Constitution though!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oddly enough, the article cited by OP is literally the only one I've seen that has any allahu akhbar claims to it, much less identified it as Islamic terror.

I found it particularly interesting that the source article cited police as saying it was intentional, but failed to mention anything about the same police saying it was NOT an act of terrorism. Even FoxNews doesn't have anything in their articles about the driver yelling anything.

Of course, Fox also has names attached to their witness statements, and the source article doesn't.

Which always strikes me as suspicious.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: uncommitted

Hate and fear?

Where is that, please, I missed that part.

seems to me to just be spreading hate and fear.

The part in the linked article that stated as though fact that it was an Islamic act of terrorism even though at this stage there is no evidence to suggest that - didn't you read it?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It's still ridicules to compare the two, one is a daily useful tool for everything, the other a weapon useful for pretty much nothing but killing...

Ridicules?

No reason a person shouldn't be able to protect themselves and their families. Anyways, for hunters, police, and military, guns are a tool used almost daily. If you don't like them, don't buy one. But just because you don't like them doesn't mean you constitute who else can buy one.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It's still ridicules to compare the two, one is a daily useful tool for everything, the other a weapon useful for pretty much nothing but killing...

Not true. Just one example, I can purchase an adapter and launch golf balls out of my ar15.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
News reports that I just checked out said that the police say that the act was intentional.... but was not terrorism.

So....... she had a specific person that she wanted to murder, but had to run over 37 other people to get to them???
Or what?
If this 'for sure' isn't terrorism?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Sure did. But I didn't see where the OP was hate and fearmongering. Unless you meant the article was doing that, in that case, my bad and apologies to you.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting... And if true, it makes sense in that the city would rather not mention it so as to keep tourists around. I guess we'll find out when they mention her name.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oddly enough, the article cited by OP is literally the only one I've seen that has any allahu akhbar claims to it, much less identified it as Islamic terror.

I found it particularly interesting that the source article cited police as saying it was intentional, but failed to mention anything about the same police saying it was NOT an act of terrorism. Even FoxNews doesn't have anything in their articles about the driver yelling anything.

Of course, Fox also has names attached to their witness statements, and the source article doesn't.

Which always strikes me as suspicious.

Yeah, I was waiting for something like this. That's why I put the IF in caps. Then again, It's hard to say if the media is downplaying, or if this is just another case of someone who snapped. Neither would surprise me, but I'd prefer the latter.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

originally posted by: LSU0408
Someone needs to propose some type of law that will also make it illegal to drink alcohol and drive afterwards.

You simply cannot tell another person what they can and can't do with their body!

Ten roger!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Klassified
I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like the odds of seeing more of this kind of thing as we approach Christmas are going up. IF it's true she was screaming "allahu akbar".

I'd say, watch for mosques to be vandalized also.

Extremism has no label other then Extremism.

Why is it that every time Muslims murder people for not being Muslim or drawing cartoons they don't like, the left wing, self hating, white atheists come out of the wood work to portray Muslims as the victims?
edit on 21-12-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I thought it was only an assault vehicle if it was an automatic?

Although, I hear most American cars are. Folks hate the stick for some reason... I could be wrong, I have never been there!

However, I totally agree with the premise of the OP here. More people die in cars as a result of crappy or insane driving, than get shot to death. It is a much bigger problem, with no easy solution, and as people have pointed out, you cannot force someone to obey the laws of the road, the laws on drink driving, or even keep control of themselves in the smallest way. When the threat of legal action and incarceration is not enough to prevent a thing, then you have to prosecute the perpetrator, help the victims as best you can, and call it the best job you can do.

Instead, there is handwringing and a call for a hand over of responsibility to some agency, body, institution, or study group, and yet another freedom goes down the pan. There should be less deaths on the road, there should be fewer bad drivers, but there ARE NOT! Will things be somehow better when people do not drive their cars, but are driven by them? Can we be sure that they will be better? Is it better to be mown down by a psychopath, or by a bad bit of code? Is there a real difference?

edit on 21-12-2015 by TrueBrit because: Added detail

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Sure did. But I didn't see where the OP was hate and fearmongering. Unless you meant the article was doing that, in that case, my bad and apologies to you.

Yes, I meant the article itself. No problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

Ban all assault vehicles.

Good one.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
She's been tentatively identified by the Daily Mail as Lakeisha Holloway, 24. Police press conference at 1 pm EST where they're supposed to confirm her identity.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Klassified
I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like the odds of seeing more of this kind of thing as we approach Christmas are going up. IF it's true she was screaming "allahu akbar".

I'd say, watch for mosques to be vandalized also.

Extremism has no label other then Extremism.

Why is it that every time Muslims murder people for not being Muslim or drawing cartoons they don't like, the left wing, self hating, white atheists come out of the wood work to portray Muslims as the victims?

That's something you said.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Exactly. Only one purported witness says this and ATS members go wild with conformation of their own biases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join