It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plays the race card

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Here's a good start.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: network dude

Acceptable.

Thats how the world works.

How have you been victimized/marginalized?

Any time # gets hard, play the victim card.

Every 3rd Pity Party is 50% off!

it's also called telling the truth funny how the OP did not mention Trump saying that Obama was a Kenyan and not an American, or doing an investigation into his phony birth certificate......racist??...of course it is, anybody with an IQ over 70 knows that

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And couldn't it have been?

I fail to see how that is racist. I don't see how it subjugates a person based on skin color.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: whyamIhere

In what ways do you see race relations being set back 50 years? Do you not think that people themselves are responsible for their own actions and beliefs?

Could income inequality and poverty be a cause in and of itself?

I see a claim, but I don't see any supporting or corroborating evidence to point to Obama being the focal point for race relations...?

I was stating how he has made me feel about race.

Statistics or polls don't really matter when it comes to personal feelings.

My extended family is Hispanic and Black.

Some of my family members feel the same way.

Simpi, thought it was hilarious. I don't see one funny thing about it.

Cause, I thought the Country made great strides. Elected a black man twice.

i felt he really had a moment to lead...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

He set race relations back 50 years in my opinion.

I know some people like to say that there is no racism in this country any longer. People feel freer to say the sorts of things they want to say now

He didn't set it back at all. He was elected

It all came crawling out from where it had been hiding all along. Now - they're not being racist - they're just not PC

edit on 12/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

It could have been him

He's half Black. Should he pretend to be what he's not?

Should you?

What's the difference?
edit on 12/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Unless Travyon was raised in Indonesia, and has rich parents.

No.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I know some people like to say that there is no racism in this country any longer. People feel freer to say the sorts of things they want to say now

He didn't set it back at all. He was elected

It all came crawling out from where it had been hiding all along. Now - they're not being racist - they're just not PC

Maybe your experience is different from mine.

Racism will end when the racist all die.

We can't let that stop us. Maybe it was hiding in some dark corner.

Honestly, I thought we were close to getting along with everybody.

Not as long as both sides can use it for political gain. Both sides do.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The Left is showing their true colors now in a way that allows people to really see what the Left stands for. Look at this quote from the article...

Demographic changes and economic stresses, including “flat-lining” wages and incomes, have meant that “particularly blue-collar men have had a lot of trouble in this new economy, where they are no longer getting the same bargain that they got when they were going to a factory and able to support their families on a single paycheck,” Mr. Obama said in the interview with National Public Radio.

You have to ask yourself "who are these blue-collar men?" Are they not men of all skin colors? Is Obama really talking about white men being upset? Who is the racist really?

The fact is that Obama's policies have negatively impacted the Unites States. Period. You can even find articles online that show black people have suffered the most. So who is supporting Obama?

If Trump points out Obama's shortcomings then we all get to see reality. I wouldn't say Trump is exploiting Obama's failure. I'd say Trump is telling the truth. Obama plays the race card, but the winner plays the Trump card.

Truth is Obama really is playing a role in the dismantling of America. There is no doubt that the United States is the supreme country and rules the planet Earth. Other groups of people who would like to rule Earth must take down the United States in order to accomplish their goal. I could see this clearly eight years ago. Maybe now some slow learners are starting to get it.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am WHITE first off.... and frankly do not care what anyone thinks of my race. I didn't vote for 0bama either time, but since he was elected I tried to make the best of it. Then he decided to make every aspect of his life 'sealed'.......
Now why did you need to go do that ? Then all the BS about his grandma and his mom. I can understand why he might want to hide that, but. Then always a closed door session or in secret midnight vote on some thing he wanted to push on us. But when he RAPED us by stealing our money for the joke called 0bamacare......and Extort our money through the IRS, that took it over the top. Now he is inundating the US with poverty and those who OPENLY WANT TO KILL Americans.

I wanted to like 0bama, but by his behavior, I believe he is getting the response he should. That of a HUCKSTER confidence man. And since I won't swallow it, I'm a villain? NO...... I'm a Vet and not keen to give my country to anyone that might want to take it.

I also don't care what title I'm assigned by some liberal of "Phobic" it has no meaning any more, simply rhetoric, and a sure sign the issuer of the title has nothing to stand on and must name-call instead.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I think we've been living in racism-denial for a long time, sweeping it under the rug with things like "affirmative action" and quotas in colleges. On the surface it all looks hunky-dory...but it's still whispered about, joked about when no one's looking. Racist email jokes are still very prevalent.

America basically swept an uncomfortable issue (race) under the rug when the civil rights movement died down. "Okay, now that that's over with let's just get back to business and pretend that's all dealt with now!"

It doesn't work like that though. Eventually the "little things" nipping way and peeking through that rug racism was swept under become to much, and movements like BLM appear. Much to the horror of some white people, this movement contradicts everything they *want* to believe about racism. And so, as a mental/psychological defense mechanism the BLM is labeled racist itself, as its to unconscionable and offensive to admit that we really didn't put racism to bed, we just covered it up and moved along.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Unless Travyon was raised in Indonesia, and has rich parents.

No.

You miss the meaning in what he says

Nobody is going to care about that in certain situations - all that will matter to some people is the color of his skin

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Honestly, I thought we were close to getting along with everybody.

You think that Obama uses race for political gain. The only way he could not do that would be to not ever speak about race at all. Ever

If even you (who seems to be making an earnest, non-biased statement) can't allow a black president to be black - and to talk about being black - then how is that us all getting along?

Pretending that there's no racism so that it never comes up and makes us uncomfortable is not the same thing as there being no racism

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: introvert

I bet if you go to a KKK rally, they sound a bit racist. Or perhaps a black Panthers' meeting, or Farrakan speech.

Point being, racism exists, but when you are the leader of the United States, some folks think you should rise above it.

What's that saying.....Oh yea.."Lead by example".

What has Obama done that was racist?

Did I miss something?

Clearly the last seven YEARS.

I didn't see an answer to the question, rather just a vague side jab.

It's really, really obvious that everyone will see ONLY what they want to see, and ignore anything that goes against their pre-conceived version of truth. But with many of the racially charged headlines that have taken place over the last 8 years, Obama has felt the need to publicly comment on most of them. Treyvon, Brown, Rice, and I am sure a few others I forgot. What he hasn't done is try to do anything to help the narrative. Black kids, taken down in the prime of their life by white cops, white men. Strangely silent when a crime without the white on black narrative exists. As a person, I can understand that. He is black, he identifies as black, and appears to be proud of it. Super. I think that's great. But he isn't just a man, he leads a nation. A very powerful nation. His actions are seen by the entire world.

The media has done a great job of stirring the racial pot and trying to divide us based on race because that is what sells TV time. They are whores, and selling out is what they do, so it's to be expected. But Obama, could have taken any and all of those opportunities to make a point about the divide that exists and show how ignorant it is. In a way he did that, but by participating in it, not by denouncing it.

I am a bit more passionate about this topic and I apologize if what I say offends anyone. But deep down, we all know racism is wrong. The innocent black jokes, jew jokes, polish jokes, yea, they will likely always be around. And if you have thick enough skin, you can find the humor in them, even if you are a polish black jew. But we need people in power to say the right things, DO the right things. As I said before, LEAD by example. Blaming others for your failures is weak, and blaming racism for your failures when you were elected to lead the USA twice by it's majority, is idiotic. I am sure some folks don't like him cuz he's black. But believe it or not, some people don't give a rats ass what color he is.

If you ever read my signature, and fully grasp the meaning there, you might start to understand.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I guess it only seems "racist" and upsetting if you let it -- or want it to upset you. If you already don't like Obama, it's not hard to use/claim something like that "upsets" you.

To me, these people screaming about "racial divide" and "divider in chief" are the EXACT same as those people using political correctness to chastise others.

Claiming reverse racism is just being PC, it is folks...sorry.

And if anyone thinks someone else is being "racist" (besides themselves) maybe some deep soul-searching and introspective thoughts as to why they feel this way are in order. Isn't it racist to call a racist, racist?

Look at how messed up this all is...mainly because people can't be intellectually honest with themselves.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I guess it only seems "racist" and upsetting if you let it -- or want it to upset you. If you already don't like Obama, it's not hard to use/claim something like that "upsets" you.

To me, these people screaming about "racial divide" and "divider in chief" are the EXACT same as those people using political correctness to chastise others.

Claiming reverse racism is just being PC, it is folks...sorry.

And if anyone thinks someone else is being "racist" (besides themselves) maybe some deep soul-searching and introspective thoughts as to why they feel this way are in order. Isn't it racist to call a racist, racist?

Look at how messed up this all is...mainly because people can't be intellectually honest with themselves.

If you think for one minute you aren't racist, you need to do some very deep soul searching. News flash, we all are. it's been ingrained in our culture. How well you deal with those feelings that you can't deny is how you appear to others.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't say everyone did I? I myself am not a fan of Obama nor any other politician for the most part, but I have heard things about Obama in person that are racially motivated. Not all are like that but there is a section of the naysayers who are. I never said all were closet racists.

ETA: I'd also say a section of Obama's supporters are closet racists as well. There are many people who voted for him based on his race. All? No, but a certain section did.
edit on 12/22/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
the context to me sounds like obama thinks trump is the racist...

seems a real important discussion I should take time out of my day for...I mean, an "important" dude should have something "important" to say, right?

wait, what were they discussing?

is exploiting the resentment and anxieties of working-class men to boost his campaign.

news to me people are anxious to resent the next available high paying job- with benefits!

edit on (12/22/1515 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I had to reply to say and just say, well said.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I now see how much the Obama haters hate facts.

Stating that some people do not like him as president due to his race is a fact and not playing the race card.
edit on 22-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join